brettf22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd gladly accept a few miles on mine. Take it around the block a few times once a month to keep the battery charged and the juices flowing. Maybe even discover the loose coolant hose or malfunctioning ABS system before they ship it to me.
^This^
Since they are going to keep my Bronco for an extra 4 months, I would hope they’d have a schedule of starting each one and driving it around the block at least once a month.
Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have some history with your purchase
Mine hasn't been built yet, plus it's a soft top- hopefully it will NOT end up there. they recently tore down a GM transmission factory on that site where 90% of those Broncos are sitting. probably screws, bolts, nails, shards of steel and everything else all over. poor tires :(

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On Google Earth there's a B-52 parked out there.
Thats on the east side of the airport where the old Yankee air museum was that burned down a few years ago. This is on the WEST side of the airport where the old Bomber plant/GM transmission plant was, and the new museum is located. Maybe they will offer tours of the broncos after ppl fly in the B-17 and B-25 planes

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd gladly accept a few miles on mine. Take it around the block a few times once a month to keep the battery charged and the juices flowing. Maybe even discover the loose coolant hose or malfunctioning ABS system before they ship it to me.
Im assuming that is what we are seeing here in this video. Maybe they are driving them to keep them from sitting.

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Video: Bad batch Broncos being moved from the airport/dirt pile to be worked on? old plant-ggl earth.JPG

Here's what was on that land before all those Broncos..... makes you wonder how much garbage is just under the gravel surface.....:unsure:

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kind of off topic, but any word on Bronco scheduling this week or did I miss it? Hoping

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Completion in November for Group 2 means us early August builds are probably looking at Thanksgiving builds. Not great, but not wholly unexpected either.
Completion BY November

But that is assuming no other issues crop up with the new tops when they go into production and when they go on our vehicles.

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As someone who has driven by the KIA plant in West Point Georgia many times, this is really not all that bad.
Oh man, that brings me back. I used to provide security staffing for a auto importing firm that handled the Kia contract on the west coast. Kia would overproduce and ship cars prior to model year end and these guys would store them. Acres and acres of cars each summer. Then came the Kia Amanti. They had high hopes for that one and shipped a ton of them over, but nobody wanted one. So they sat rotting away at the port. Eventually Kia had to send factory reps out to determine if the cars could even be sold anymore. They eventually disappeared, but I really don’t think they sold them.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are missing a group in this update.... Unbuilt scheduled vin holders of non FE Broncos?!?
Yes they are…. I’m in that category

First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm talking about internal Vehicle design, verification, testing and prove-out done by the OEM during durability and key-life cycle testing months before a vehicle is launched. all automakers do it and have a process in place to flush out design flaws and issues before launch. I HIGHLY
doubt they decided to build a brand-new set of tools (millions $$$) on a whim AFTER they launched the vehicle. lead-times on tooling are usually much longer than a few months.

EDIT: It's important to note that the flawed roof panels are being identified as "cosmetic" only, and not failing functionality. All automakers tend tend to fix/improve known issues between Job 1 (initial launch) and Job 2. Very common.
Sponsored