Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, a bit to read through and catch up on here. Will address some of the questions statements I saw so far.

1. Yes I'm an idiot that hit it too fast and at an angle, since it drops down it you can't really see the hole until you are up on it, and at that point realized I was too far right of it so came in angled instead of straight on, was that or go straight and probably flip into it when just the left side dropped in, biggest issue too much speed, second biggest issue bad angle.

2. I will post once I get official diagnosis and cost, not looking forward to that.

3. yes it is a black diamond non Sasquatch with the M190 - perhaps 210 would be better, but it still took a pretty good beating so hard to say.

4. Warranty claim -If i was going to play dumb and act like I don't know what happened, I wouldn't have posted the video evidence on a public website for all to see. It's not some thing that broke driving down the road under normal conditions. I wouldn't expect it to be covered. I screwed up its on me to fix it.

5. Insurance claim - see above ☝ Not worth making a claim against myself and getting the rates for all my cars raised. The whole process goes much smoother if I just say hey heres what i did, whats it going to cost me. No need for anyone else to get involved other than me and the shop.

6. The day was a blast as was the last time we went out, Bronco did great, so did the other Bronco. Only issue I have is the tires are complete garbage in mud and I need to get actual mud tires for playing.

7. Jeep guys did or said "x" . We met a few different Jeep guys and gals out on the trails and they were all awesome, there was no Bronco vs Jeep problems , people were just people out having a good time. Not sure why everyone has to make everything an us vs them scenario.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, a bit to read through and catch up on here. Will address some of the questions statements I saw so far.

7. Jeep guys did or said "x" . We met a few different Jeep guys and gals out on the trails and they were all awesome, there was no Bronco vs Jeep problems , people were just people out having a good time. Not sure why everyone has to make everything an us vs them scenario.
So it wasn't something like this...

Cause we know that the Jeep people be hatin'

;)

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you figure, just because someone else does a FORSCAN video, does that mean that I can't do one on the same FORSCAN mods?
Just wait until @goobstew sees what bumpers we are putting on our Bronco lol.

@evilletruck good luck with your repairs! I hope they are quick and painless.

Hopefully we can hit the trails together in the future!

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used to do stupid shit like that wheeling…..well maybe not that stupid. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck with repairs Bill.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wait until @goobstew sees what bumpers we are putting on our Bronco lol.

@evilletruck good luck with your repairs! I hope they are quick and painless.

Hopefully we can hit the trails together in the future!
Hahaha, well I saw you turned left in one of your videos too.. left turns are mine exclusively. You can have right turns.

Hope it wont be too long before I am able to hit some trails again, parts availability is whats scares me the most right now. Once its back upon all four again though we for sure will have to meet up.

RecklessKelly

Wildtrak
First Name
Reckless Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, CABT Excursion, Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

1. Yes I'm an idiot that hit it too fast and at an angle, since it drops down it you can't really see the hole until you are up on it, and at that point realized I was too far right of it so came in angled instead of straight on, was that or go straight and probably flip into it when just the left side dropped in, biggest issue too much speed, second biggest issue bad angle.

2. I will post once I get official diagnosis and cost, not looking forward to that.

3. yes it is a black diamond non Sasquatch with the M190 - perhaps 210 would be better, but it still took a pretty good beating so hard to say.

4. Warranty claim -If i was going to play dumb and act like I don't know what happened, I wouldn't have posted the video evidence on a public website for all to see. It's not some thing that broke driving down the road under normal conditions. I wouldn't expect it to be covered. I screwed up its on me to fix it.

5. Insurance claim - see above ☝ Not worth making a claim against myself and getting the rates for all my cars raised. The whole process goes much smoother if I just say hey heres what i did, whats it going to cost me. No need for anyone else to get involved other than me and the shop.

6. The day was a blast as was the last time we went out, Bronco did great, so did the other Bronco. Only issue I have is the tires are complete garbage in mud and I need to get actual mud tires for playing.

Looks like a fun day. Sometimes fun cost money. Looks like no humans were harmed. Good luck with the repairs. Rock on!

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears that the CO are full sending it, there is another video (TikTok) of a CO in B.C. having some fun. I'm glad you're ok and I applaud you for maintaining a positive outlook on this rather unfortunate event. You'll no doubt get your rig fixed and I look forward to watching more videos of you wheeling your Bronco.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a bummer. Clearly having a great time and got overzealous with the speed and didn’t recognize a hazard. I hope the repair bill isn’t too much to swallow.

Sponsored

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This could have been avoided by signing up for the ole off rodeo 🤣
I was going to say, they showed us how to use a stick to measure the depth of the water so you know before you go in, because you need momentum. They also showed us that you need a gentle, steady momentum. He rushes in too fast at a bad angle, gets surprised, but then gooses it and makes it worse. Lots of things wrong with this guy's driving, which I know from taking the off-roadeo. This guy is all over youtube with his own videos and in others. He, or someone he knew, should have known what to do. No excuses if you put yourself out there as a Youtuber. He probably wants a new V8 or a Raptor, and knows he can also sell this one all broken for as much as MSRP.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picking on Jeeps is just to kill the time until we get our rigs.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

[QUOTE

No doubt this is a collision loss - not a part failure. Dealer will hold the car and wait for an insurance adjuster. Gonna be expensive. The insurance company might also be in a position to deny the claim as the bronco is heavily modified. Really depends on the policy and endorsements Bill ((hopefully) might have taken out. Good luck. That was an impact that was probably borderline to deploying driver airbag.
Especially when you post evidence of abuse on the internet.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So it wasn't something like this...

Cause we know that the Jeep people be hatin'
Being a Jeep guy, who still posts on this forum, I can say for myself and a significant amount of Jeepers that are seasoned off road veterans, vs the Grumper Mall Crawlers, we just don't care.

In fact, we welcome the competition, so that Ford and Jeep keep improving and us as customers win.

Conversely, the Bronco Fan boy butt hurt and need to justify themselves is significantly greater. It's funny how may people need to be reassured that their vehicle is superior.
You either weren't hugged enough as kids, or didn't stop breast feeding until you reached double digits in age.
Sponsored