Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hit so hard something in the front bent and moved the axle shaft so much it torn up the ring and pinion least thatā€™s how it sounded. Ring and pinion is gone Iā€™ve heard that noise before. Sucks hope you get her fixed and it doesnā€™t cost too much, definitely post up what all the damage is when you find out.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep Full Send =
"Send it to the workshop" (Ronny Dahl) :sneaky:

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hit so hard something in the front bent and moved the axle shaft so much it torn up the ring and pinion least thatā€™s how it sounded. Ring and pinion is gone Iā€™ve heard that noise before. Sucks hope you get her fixed and it doesnā€™t cost too much, definitely post up what all the damage is when you find out.

If that's the case, then it's an M190 and not the M210. Not totally "selfsquatched". :D

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This reminds me of the flying Raptor

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The horn honking is not due to a ā€œsuper sensitive horn.ā€ The horn honked because the driver didnā€™t shuffle the steering wheel properly.
...As I've discovered elk hunting this past week. Never noticed the center horn stands proud of the rest of the wheel. Relaxed steering grip off road = yep, I'm the idiot that kept honking and alerting all the elk to my presence. I kept bumping it with my forearms. It's really loud... I hate it. šŸ˜†

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Note the BLACK CAT crossing path at 9:10. Fix and dump on E-Bay, the future is worse than the past on that one.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That puddle didnā€™t look like much when he approached it but damn that puddle was deep I donā€™t think he expected to bottom out like that
You never approach water like that if you donā€™t know the depth or whatā€™s in there. It drives me nuts to see people drive like assholes off road then seem confused when something breaks. You could see what was going to happen a mile away when he was romping on it. Good luck at the dealer.
Xactly,
When I am educating people new to 4wheeling, I always tell them to approach puddles with caution, go in slow, let the vehicle level out, then slowly accelerate out of it.
This accomplishes 2 things.
1. you don't get a high speed surprise like this
2. it prevents the water from doing a wave back over the hood and instead pushes the water away from the front bumper just like the front a boat does in water thus protecting the engine area

Last
I hate mud and water.
This is why I Rock Crawl

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Xactly,
When I am educating people new to 4wheeling, I always tell them to approach puddles with caution, go in slow, let the vehicle level out, then slowly accelerate out of it.
2. it prevents the water from doing a wave back over the hood and instead pushes the water away from the front bumper just like the front a boat does in water thus protecting the engine area

Last
I hate mud and water.
This is why I Rock Crawl
Agree on all counts. I hate mud as well. Sure itā€™s fun for 10 seconds then you have 10 hours of trying to get it off. Not to mention deep puddles typically mean deep trouble unless you have some super modded giant tired monster truck.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

May be time to upgrade to a 210 at least and re-gear to 4.7s or 5.13s.

Sponsored

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, totally sounds like a R&P to me. I'm hoping it's the alignment that fixes the wheel position... curious to see what happens next.

Thanks for sending it though - we're never going to find the weak links when 95% of the folks here drive parking lots and the other 4% say doing anything like this is dumb. Having fun with your truck is what matters here, the technique wasn't the best but hey, we're all going to learn something here in the end.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW! Speed Kills BRONCO.....(it would kill a Jeep too)....hopefully the repair doesn't end up costing an arm and a leg.....

goobstew

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the guy pickens party of one ripped off with the FORSCAN programing vid.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Xactly,

Last
I hate mud and water.
This is why I Rock Crawl
Thank you for the tips. So obviously accelerating into a black hole is never smart, however, for those new to off-road some more advice is welcomed. I will not be going looking for mud, but there is so much mud in Texas I just want to be prepared when I cannot avoid it.

I've heard on some surfaces you need to maintain some forward momentum to not get stuck, I would think mud would be one of these cases?

If you "go in slow" does that allow you to be cautious, to avoid the unknown, but still allow you enough speed so you don't get bogged down?
Sponsored