Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to post on your earlier muddin video; if you get some real mud tires, instead of those all-terrains, you can make it thru many of those mudholes at a much lower speed, which tends to break fewer parts.
I'm really not surprised your truck broke; the entire 5500lb weight of the truck was stopped by your left front tire hitting that mud bank.
I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I have been mudding since 1984.
A stock SUV is not a race truck; you can't hit obstacles at 40 mph and expect to not break expensive parts.
Happy wheeling!
Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was a real hold my beer moment. I think he edited that out.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We had one come in with a busted front diff and separated CV axle....sounds like a weak point if they're being beat on.

Sponsored

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to ask, because some of you look like you know this guy, does he even know what he is doing ?

It's not because you post Youtube videos that you do...

From an outside perspective ( meaning someone who doesn't know him )he looks like a Tool, sorry.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this highlight the risk of adding front suspension lift but not addressing CV angles? I don’t remember how much of a lift that Bill added.

Maybe a stock Bronco would have also broken crashing into that mud bank or maybe it would have had a bit more margin for error

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this highlight the risk of adding front suspension lift but not addressing CV angles? I don’t remember how much of a lift that Bill added.

Maybe a stock Bronco would have also broken crashing into that mud bank or maybe it would have had a bit more margin for error
Only highlights how stupid it is to ram full speed into a water/mud hole that you don't know nothing about...IMO

Sponsored

drbandkgb

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
allterrainnation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco - 2024 Mustang GT performance
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously! This looks more like a crash than just pushing the Bronco's limits
Agree.. This was a side impact.. That diff is blown! Thats the clicking you hear and this will not be warrantied out

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[QUOTE
Seriously! This looks more like a crash than just pushing the Bronco's limits
No doubt this is a collision loss - not a part failure. Dealer will hold the car and wait for an insurance adjuster. Gonna be expensive. The insurance company might also be in a position to deny the claim as the bronco is heavily modified. Really depends on the policy and endorsements Bill ((hopefully) might have taken out. Good luck. That was an impact that was probably borderline to deploying driver airbag.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A bit surprised the airbags didn't deploy. I guess he didnt' really smack the sensors. But that's a stop that could have sent him through the windshield if he hadn't been wearing a belt.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for the tips. So obviously accelerating into a black hole is never smart, however, for those new to off-road some more advice is welcomed. I will not be going looking for mud, but there is so much mud in Texas I just want to be prepared when I cannot avoid it.

I've heard on some surfaces you need to maintain some forward momentum to not get stuck, I would think mud would be one of these cases?

If you "go in slow" does that allow you to be cautious, to avoid the unknown, but still allow you enough speed so you don't get bogged down?
Similar advice.
Mud Tires with larger lugs make a huge difference and allow you to drive slower and then you can accelerate.

If you know nothing of the depth and what might be hiding under the surface, go around it if possible. if not, Let a bigger, dedicated mud rig go first.

It's always better to error on slow and winch out, then go in fast and break hard.
Sponsored