First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You either weren't hugged enough as kids, or didn't stop breast feeding until you reached double digits in age.
Wow, you're good... How did you know?!? ;)
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being a Jeep guy, who still posts on this forum, I can say for myself and a significant amount of Jeepers that are seasoned off road veterans, vs the Grumper Mall Crawlers, we just don't care.

In fact, we welcome the competition, so that Ford and Jeep keep improving and us as customers win.

Conversely, the Bronco Fan boy butt hurt and need to justify themselves is significantly greater. It's funny how may people need to be reassured that their vehicle is superior.
You either weren't hugged enough as kids, or didn't stop breast feeding until you reached double digits in age.
Ha! Great post! Definitely reading this forum there are a whole bunch more sensitive types buying Broncos than drive Jeeps. Doesn't really go with the tough ruff and ready Bronco image....oh well. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

More folks around here need to put on their big boy pants, have another beer, and laugh. 🍻:giggle:

Treypal

First Edition
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F350, 14 Raptor, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@evilletruck This is your hub actuator(s) (IWE) that has failed. It’s a common problem on raptors and it’s fairly cheap to replace them. They are vacuum actuated with plastic teeth. Any hard shock loading and they will fail. Kinda like an unintentional fuse as it prevents worse damage but it’s still a poorly designed part by Ford.
If you google Raptor IWE you will find hundreds of threads discussing the issue.

RCV makes eliminators that fix the problem but the cost is Constantly engage the front axles.

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, a bit to read through and catch up on here. Will address some of the questions statements I saw so far.

1. Yes I'm an idiot that hit it too fast and at an angle, since it drops down it you can't really see the hole until you are up on it, and at that point realized I was too far right of it so came in angled instead of straight on, was that or go straight and probably flip into it when just the left side dropped in, biggest issue too much speed, second biggest issue bad angle.

2. I will post once I get official diagnosis and cost, not looking forward to that.

3. yes it is a black diamond non Sasquatch with the M190 - perhaps 210 would be better, but it still took a pretty good beating so hard to say.

4. Warranty claim -If i was going to play dumb and act like I don't know what happened, I wouldn't have posted the video evidence on a public website for all to see. It's not some thing that broke driving down the road under normal conditions. I wouldn't expect it to be covered. I screwed up its on me to fix it.

5. Insurance claim - see above ☝ Not worth making a claim against myself and getting the rates for all my cars raised. The whole process goes much smoother if I just say hey heres what i did, whats it going to cost me. No need for anyone else to get involved other than me and the shop.

6. The day was a blast as was the last time we went out, Bronco did great, so did the other Bronco. Only issue I have is the tires are complete garbage in mud and I need to get actual mud tires for playing.

7. Jeep guys did or said "x" . We met a few different Jeep guys and gals out on the trails and they were all awesome, there was no Bronco vs Jeep problems , people were just people out having a good time. Not sure why everyone has to make everything an us vs them scenario.
my kinda dude right here. it is what it is. so many douches assuming this that or the other. sometimes we fuck up!!! its ok. fix it and move on!!

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@evilletruck This is your hub actuator(s) (IWE) that has failed. It’s a common problem on raptors and it’s fairly cheap to replace them. They are vacuum actuated with plastic teeth. Any hard shock loading and they will fail. Kinda like an unintentional fuse as it prevents worse damage but it’s still a poorly designed part by Ford.
If you google Raptor IWE you will find hundreds of threads discussing the issue.

RCV makes eliminators that fix the problem but the cost is Constantly engage the front axles.
I hate those things. Warn has those locking hubs for Jeep front hubs, and they would fail so early compared to an axle. It's good from a cost point of view, is nice to not have the front D.S. spinning all the time, but, IMHO, they end peoples offroading days way to early on way too many occasions.
This is why I cringed when I saw 4wp pimping the G2 ones. I did not know the Bronco came with their own. Yuck.

But this is great news for O.P. Cheap Fix. or Chance to upgrade.

@evilletruck To make you feel better and commiserate with you. I will share that breaks happen to all of us.

I blew out 2 U-joints on my Front driveshaft on Black Friday. We were on Beeline at AOAA when the clunking began. I was able to finish my day, and this turned out to be the damage
Ford Bronco Video: Bill @ Evilletruck goes full send and breaks his Bronco DS-3

Ford Bronco Video: Bill @ Evilletruck goes full send and breaks his Bronco DS-1

Ford Bronco Video: Bill @ Evilletruck goes full send and breaks his Bronco DS-2

Since I don't have those Hub thingamabobs, wheeling and to drive home, I just disconnected the D.S. from the axle and bungie/gorilla taped it to my control arm
Ford Bronco Video: Bill @ Evilletruck goes full send and breaks his Bronco Trail Repair

Drove smooth as butter like that for the 2hr drive home.
:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Hoosier.Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hoosier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 KR, 2011 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attached is my video, little bit different perspective. We had a blast that day. Bill was a little heavy on the throttle! Lol

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

ewwwww they put those air actuated hubs on the Bronco 🤮 I learned about those when I had my 19 F150. What a great engineering decision.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are going to go off road it might be wise to learn to fix things yourself. The cost of parts is high enough as it is and labor is crazy..
Maybe you Youtubers think you can get enough views to pay for the repairs

jeff in ohio

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I do not believe the Bronco has hub actuators. The new Rangers do not.... hubs locked so front Diff/axles spin all the time. Transfer case brings in an out power to front axle.

biswamberpal

Wildtrak
First Name
Biswamber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so what is the latest status, what did service center estimate

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like this guy's content in general but frankly he looks like he's trying to break his truck in every video. I am not at all surprised.
This is exactly why I don't like any of his content lol

Treypal

First Edition
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F350, 14 Raptor, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I do not believe the Bronco has hub actuators. The new Rangers do not.... hubs locked so front Diff/axles spin all the time. Transfer case brings in an out power to front axle.
I believe you're correct, I spend a lot of time working on Raptors and I assumed the Bronco used the same system, but after looking at some pictures it doesn't look like it's there. Finally!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No IWEs on there. Depending if it's the driver side. My votes: 1. Axle separated at outer CV joint (mebbe not warranty due to dirty water fording attempt). 2. Axle pulled out of front diff (would have an oil leak) and IMO, warrantable unless visible damage. If on passenger side, extension shaft pulled out (would have oil leak). 3. Right axle separated at outer joint.

Ford Bronco Video: Bill @ Evilletruck goes full send and breaks his Bronco 1638394120546

Ford Bronco Video: Bill @ Evilletruck goes full send and breaks his Bronco 1638394156437