Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't wait to find out what got bent. It's not about how fast or where you go.It's that sudden stop that's the bite in the ass.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even with two videos showing reckless abandon?
If the separation was on the inner side. Basically means the c-clip failed to retain the axle in the side gears and unless there was physical damage to the housing, would make me lean more to covering than not. Popping out on the outers might be due to the lift and suspension deflection. I'm only addressing the driver side with that statement. The shaft should not pop out and if it did, should be accompanied by an axle fluid leak.

Ford tells us to give the customer the benefit of the doubt in most cases short of visible and very apparent neglect or damage. Look at it from my perspective, Bill brings it into my shop, clean and says I have a grinding noise when I put in 4x4. We look at and find a bad axle shaft with no other obvious signs of damage and no knowledge of the video, what should I do? What should I do if it was your vehicle?

Last edited:

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford tells us to give the customer the benefit of the doubt in most cases short of visible and very apparent neglect or damage. Look at it from my perspective, Bill brings it into my shop, clean and says I have a grinding noise when I put in 4x4. We look at and find a bad axle shaft with no other obvious signs of damage and no knowledge of the video, what should I do? What should I do if it was your vehicle?
What constitutes "visible and very apparent neglect or damage"? Hammer marks? Any visible exterior damage?
Was it a manufacturing or design failure or abuse? If the benefit of the doubt goes to the customer then great, maybe the first time but after the second time it might behoove a dealer to search the social media. :D

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What constitutes "visible and very apparent neglect or damage"? Hammer marks? Any visible exterior damage?
Was it a manufacturing or design failure or abuse? If the benefit of the doubt goes to the customer then great, maybe the first time but after the second time it might behoove a dealer to search the social media. :D
Just experience, common sense and giving the customer benefit of the doubt. The wheel house shield says “lift me baby”. Do I argue with the customer Ford didn’t really mean it if I can’t prove it was abuse/modification related or do we look for a factual, warrantable conclusion we can support?

I am a rabid advocate for customers that buy and service with us.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even with two videos showing reckless abandon?
We'll see how this turns out, and see if different dealerships look at it differently. The Bronco was built for off road, so the warranty won't be cancelled just because it's used off road. I think modifications will be the thing that gets warranty turned down. Also, physical damage isn't covered, so if they can see impact it's a no go. But, if parts just break it should be covered. Doubt the service advisors and techs are watching Bronco forum videos. :giggle:

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First rule of running through water is to know how deep the water is and to enter slowly . This is a rookie mistake all for just showing off. Also, what is the fascination of beating the ever loving snot out of these vehicles. They are not indestructible BTW. You are driving a $60K+ rig that you beat on like a rented mule. I do not get it for the life of me.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"So it's broke, broke?"

Yes, you idiot - you drove your brokenco into the side of a mud embankment at 15-20mph and then submerged it in 4 feet of water.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First rule of running through water is to know how deep the water is and to enter slowly . This is a rookie mistake all for just showing off. Also, what is the fascination of beating the ever loving snot out of these vehicles. They are not indestructible BTW. You are driving a $60K+ rig that you beat on like a rented mule. I do not get it for the life of me.
Some people want to ride them hard and put them up wet because they do not care about the longevity. The average attention span for a vehicle in the US is probably about three years or so. Around when the warranty runs out, so does interest in the vehicle. Then it is off to the updated model or a different vehicle.

I do not blame anyone for driving these Broncos hard. Watching videos of demo rides, going across rough terrain in the desert, Ford was beating the snot out of their trucks. So part of this is Ford’s Culture towards the Bronco implying, go ahead and lift our Bronco, Modify it, beat on it…..It can take it…..

I say keep on keeping on and as components break, Ford will upgrade parts for mid model updates as they get tired of replacing certain parts due to failure and warranty claims. Unless abuse can be proven for that particular component OR Ford can PROVE that your modification put the component into a position of failure, Ford has to warranty the item. You can try to debate otherwise, however that is fact and is shown time and time again for Mustangs, F-150s and Raptors.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people want to ride them hard and put them up wet because they do not care about the longevity. The average attention span for a vehicle in the US is probably about three years or so. Around when the warranty runs out, so does interest in the vehicle. Then it is off to the updated model or a different vehicle.

I do not blame anyone for driving these Broncos hard. Watching videos of demo rides, going across rough terrain in the desert, Ford was beating the snot out of their trucks. So part of this is Ford’s Culture towards the Bronco implying, go ahead and lift our Bronco, Modify it, beat on it…..It can take it…..

I say keep on keeping on and as components break, Ford will upgrade parts for mid model updates as they get tired of replacing certain parts due to failure and warranty claims. Unless abuse can be proven for that particular component OR Ford can PROVE that your modification put the component into a position of failure, Ford has to warranty the item. You can try to debate otherwise, however that is fact and is shown time and time again for Mustangs, F-150s and Raptors.

This^.

Ford is proud of what they built and are offering. I get a kick out of people on here who claim Ford won't warranty a part because the Bronco was used off road, when it was built to go off road. Modifications will void warranty, but not using it. People are going to push the limits and find the weak links.

We know the weak links of Jeeps because they have been found, and products and processes are well known to fix them. Will be the same for Bronco. It's good for us for people to push them, and even to make mistakes. Do those criticizing the driver error never make mistakes themselves? In the Jeeping world we say if you've never had to use a winch you aren't trying hard enough. In the rock buggy world we say if you've never put it on it's lid you aren't trying hard enough. Making a driver error when off roading is just part of the sport, we all do it. We learn what not to do by doing it and seeing others do it.

It is kind of cool in one way to see so many folks with limited off road experience being attracted to the Bronco. More people will experience cool out door things and great scenery because of the Bronco. And, plenty of people who don't have much experience won't bomb their Bronco into a mud hole after seeing this video. :ROFLMAO: :giggle:

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model