First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
If your primary concern is slow trail/rock the Wrangler would be the one to go for.

If you care for daily driver, high/low speed off road, mix of different terrains with occasional rock crawling and good engine power the Bronco is for you :p.
I feel like I need the Warthog after watching the video
Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What gets overlooked on the RTI score is that on a SFA vehicle the axle is forcing down the opposite wheel. So you will get considerably more traction than on an IFS that is barely touching the ground, even if the RTI scores are the same. There is a good example in the video where they dislock the sway bar and the tire barely touched the rock basically adding zero traction.

I'm not buying my bronco for a couple of years to save some money and see some real world tests and reviews but I tend to think you should buy a bronco if most your off-road is mud, sand and trails and buy a jeep if you plant to rock crawl.

I also am less convinced with each video that the swaybar disco does a whole lot. Leaning more and more heavily towards a lower model squatch.

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If your primary concern is slow trail/rock the Wrangler would be the one to go for.

If you care for daily driver, high/low speed off road, mix of different terrains with occasional rock crawling and good engine power the Bronco is for you :p.
Of course, I understand that. The ecoboost is a great platform and I am sure with the Suspension the Bronco will be a much more superior ride... but it seems the slightest little decline and medium rock makes the bronco tipsy..... Plenty of beginner trails with video that show the bronco only on 3 wheels.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And the Bronco to get you to it!
You bet, I am getting tired of slumming it to my place in OBX with a Raptor.

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
is this a black paint with carbonized gray top?
or is that a black top??????

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't wait for these to be released so people can see what they do. I think we all have our video goggles on which make all terrain and obstacles look much easier. Speaking from experience I have never had a video come out looking as impressive as it actually was, or at least felt. Everyone knows IFS has some inherent limitations (see the thread dedicated to that discussion) but I am excited for when people actually get to see these in the wild side by side with various competitors in various terrain doing a pretty kick a$$ job. Over 600 RTI on STOCK IFS is no joke, though I am personally more excited about the higher speed performance.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't wait for these to be released so people can see what they do. I think we all have our video goggles on which make all terrain and obstacles look much easier. Speaking from experience I have never had a video come out looking as impressive as it actually was, or at least felt. Everyone knows IFS has some inherent limitations (see the thread dedicated to that discussion) but I am excited for when people actually get to see these in the wild side by side with various competitors in various terrain doing a pretty kick a$$ job. Over 600 RTI on STOCK IFS is no joke, though I am personally more excited about the higher speed performance.
To caveat the Wrangler will eventually go IFS. For all the doubters out there; you will see.

jswan

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty good footage. Is the high and low speed creaking from the suspension normal for newer vehicles?

Oh man, just watched a bit more, they sure did durability test those skid plates :).
Off-roading makes a lot of interesting noises. Takes some time to get used to it, and what your vehicle is squeaking about. Usually, mostly normal though. It's a lot of loads on the the suspension. I groan more than that getting up from the couch.
Sponsored