Sponsored

Video by Lite Brite: Trail Damage on Our Ford Bronco & New Rock Sliders!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't that what skid plates are for? You just bolt them all to the external belly and it covers everything.

Not sure why someone would start cutting off and welding support brackets when they're going to go to the expense of putting on those plastic lined skid plates.

I will say watching that video sort of points out a lot of the bad designs of the Bronco.

Guess it is clear that they were going after the non-rock crawling Jeep audience... Which honestly makes sense.
I can see the benefit, as that is some low-hanging fruit with lips that will hang on stuff. Granted, once you invert the tubing so it is at least as high as the frame, the next thing is the rear control arms and shock mounts hanging down there.
It would at least give you a bit more ground clearance right behind the front tires, so when they drop off a rock, you don't high center as easily. At least then you can do a belly pan UHMW skid.

I see it as an opportunity for improvement with a revamped tubing-based crossmember. A lot of it depends on cost of a ship-to-the-house bolt on option (that can also be welded if you wanted to).

Not a fan of nutserts for anything requiring strength or taking a torque load. I'd be all in to bolt-through design for DIY driveway upgrades, welding as an added measure for those with the capability to do so.
Sponsored

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Video by Lite Brite: Trail Damage on Our Ford Bronco & New Rock Sliders! 167BC079-76F9-490D-930A-88CD82F775BF

new sliders are in. Much easier install with 2 piece bracket and slider with pinch weld plate and slider sticks out farther for more protection but still keeps it tight so you don’t get hung up on rocks. Clearance abs protection is most important here!

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To answer the question in your video about mounting a x-member upgrade, I'm 100% in for cutting off any existing parts that don't serve a good purpose or are not as functional as they could be.

For mounting anything new I always prefer bolt on when possible with optional welding for additional strength. I can bolt things on in my driveway for free, then weld later as needed. I don't have ready access to a welder but still like to do as much work myself as possible. My 2 cents for what it's worth.
I shouldn’t have said nutserts maybe more of a flagnut on the other side or inside the frame. May have to drill a hole or 2 or 4. Idk yet. Working on it but flagnuts would work great!

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Video by Lite Brite: Trail Damage on Our Ford Bronco & New Rock Sliders! 167BC079-76F9-490D-930A-88CD82F775BF

new sliders are in. Much easier install with 2 piece bracket and slider with pinch weld plate and slider sticks out farther for more protection but still keeps it tight so you don’t get hung up on rocks. Clearance abs protection is most important here!
These are the best looking sliders I have seen. Where will they be sold?

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Is it possible to weld these to the frame?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm with you 💯 on this...I almost already did this ...its on my list....thats the first place I've scraped on obstacles. Next is a fuel tank with 3” more clearance

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it possible to weld these to the frame?
You won’t need to weld them to the frame and no there are not designed for that. The frame has brake lines and wiring harness running down the outside and most people aren’t going to redo their rear brake lines for sliders. The wire harness is no big deal though. You also lose a couple inches of break over ground clearance going to frame mounted. These are plenty strong and give you the most ground clearance possible while protecting the vehicle from rocks and door dings and have enough lip to use as a step but id put drip tape there for that

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You won’t need to weld them to the frame and no there are not designed for that. The frame has brake lines and wiring harness running down the outside and most people aren’t going to redo their rear brake lines for sliders. The wire harness is no big deal though. You also lose a couple inches of break over ground clearance going to frame mounted. These are plenty strong and give you the most ground clearance possible while protecting the vehicle from rocks and door dings and have enough lip to use as a step but id put drip tape there for that
Can you get a pic from above looking down on them? Like to see how much poke there is now outside of the door swell.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s cool if you say they’re strong enough I’m sure they are. I’ve just heard other companies that are body mounted are questioning how resilient the body is that they’re attached to. ARB and Fun Haver are supposed to have frame mounted sliders sliders coming, I wonder how they dealt with the brake lines and wiring harness.

Sponsored

BroncoBilly22

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series & 2022 TESLA Y
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kevin, will you offer these great looking sliders with black powder coating? I see the website allows you to order with UHMW or bare metal only. I specifically ordered my 2022 Wildtrak without running boards knowing that eventually someone would offer a much better solution than Ford. Keep up the great videos, looking forward to watching you and Brittany at King of the Hammers!

https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/bronco-rock-sliders-hurricane-series

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sliders are now ready! Check out next venture motorsports site

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent, I'll add these to the list of must have modifications to our current and future Broncos...
Sponsored