Sponsored

Video by Lite Brite: Trail Damage on Our Ford Bronco & New Rock Sliders!

OP
OP
orange_methodology

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like some great first-hand analysis on why certain damage happened on those particular trails with potential solutions discussed. Can't wait to see what comes out of this.

OP
OP
orange_methodology

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm liking those sliders. Anxious to see the final product.
Yeah, those are looking really nice. I can't wait to see the next iteration.

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm liking those sliders. Anxious to see the final product.
Really looking forward to comparing them to the FunHaver version that should be out soon-ish as well

Sponsored

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video, can't wait to see what they come up with for the transmission cross-members.

Ford Bronco Video by Lite Brite: Trail Damage on Our Ford Bronco & New Rock Sliders! PXL_20211206_001309922

Last edited:

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great video, can't wait to see what they come with for the transmission cross-members.

Ford Bronco Video by Lite Brite: Trail Damage on Our Ford Bronco & New Rock Sliders! PXL_20211206_001309922
Same. The stock design is dumb. Making a more tucked crossmember is easy enough but coming to terms with cutting the brackets off the frame is a little harder :oops:

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@LiteBrite
I saw that video of the rock sliders and I really like them!
I know you want them to stick out more, but please don’t let them stick out too much more. because that’s part of the reason why I don’t like the other brands. A lot of them look like big wing sticking out!!
I like them the way they are in the first prototype but another half three-quarter inch wouldn’t be too bad.

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@LiteBrite
I know you want them to stick out more, but please don’t let them stick out too much more. because that’s part of the reason why I don’t like the other brands. A lot of them look like big wing sticking out!!
I like them the way they are in the first prototype but another half three-quarter inch wouldn’t be too bad.
Please tell me you’ll make them for two doors too!
nobody’s making anything for two doors!!!
Thanks for being a guinea pig on all this stuff!!!
Rick

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@LiteBrite
I'm the opposite, I'd like a set that comes out a bit further and maybe even frame mounts or something. I'm like 2 hours-ish from Johnson Valley, would like to put mine to the test.

Also, people in parking lots here give absolutely zero fucks, would love to not have to worry about someone dinging my door with their clapped out shitbox

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We’re working on the best and strongest way possible. The brackets have to get cut off the frame and people should not have any worry with that. It’s well worth it!
To answer the question in your video about mounting a x-member upgrade, I'm 100% in for cutting off any existing parts that don't serve a good purpose or are not as functional as they could be.

For mounting anything new I always prefer bolt on when possible with optional welding for additional strength. I can bolt things on in my driveway for free, then weld later as needed. I don't have ready access to a welder but still like to do as much work myself as possible. My 2 cents for what it's worth.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Isn't that what skid plates are for? You just bolt them all to the external belly and it covers everything.

Not sure why someone would start cutting off and welding support brackets when they're going to go to the expense of putting on those plastic lined skid plates.

I will say watching that video sort of points out a lot of the bad designs of the Bronco.

Guess it is clear that they were going after the non-rock crawling Jeep audience... Which honestly makes sense.
Sponsored