Sponsored

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I remember seeing it before in on one of the spy pics. We may not have discussed it then.

The TFL dude mentions the revel being in July. We just learned that this week. Good Point about the trees in full foliage. My guess is they are still running around with the full mattress top units. There will be more videos before July.
Yeah, the 7pin seems to be something I vaguely recall seeing before too. I probably didn’t think it was that big of a deal since it’s not the 90s anymore and lots of vehicles come set up for towing from the factory (beyond just the standard 4 pin connector).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Definitely seems staged and didn't tell us anything we didn't already know
TFL Just out cruising around Colorado with no idea where or when a 6G Bronco might happen to be on the same road. The TFL driver had time to do a full selfie intro before the "pursuit," then follow at ~2 car lengths and then at the second light, stop on the shoulder at the light behind the Bronco, while the left lane was clear the whole time.
The Fiesta driver might have been a TFL producer or a Ford rep making sure only what was wanted got filmed.
I'm as much anticipating the introduction as anyone else here, but looonnnngggg lead intros can be counterproductive, too. Look at the Acura NSX that started with shadowy, underexposed photos of clay models almost three years before it came out; to a yawning audience that bought Porsches, Corvettes, Audi R8's etc in the meantime.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
TFL Just out cruising around Colorado with no idea where or when a 6G Bronco might happen to be on the same road. The TFL driver had time to do a full selfie intro before the "pursuit," then follow at ~2 car lengths and then at the second light, stop on the shoulder at the light behind the Bronco, while the left lane was clear the whole time.
The Fiesta driver might have been a TFL producer or a Ford rep making sure only what was wanted got filmed.
I'm as much anticipating the introduction as anyone else here, but looonnnngggg lead intros can be counterproductive, too. Look at the Acura NSX that started with shadowy, underexposed photos of clay models almost three years before it came out; to a yawning audience that bought Porsches, Corvettes, Audi R8's etc in the meantime.
Not doubting your assessment, but the TFL guys do know where the car manufacturers tend to go. Colorado with the I70 corridor into the mountains is a key testing ground for them drivetrain teams. I hosted many Ford drivetrain engineers in the restaurant that I owned in the early 2000s. Its a bit suspect, but not unbelievable.

I was drooling over a 6.0L King Ranch prototype sitting in front of my brewpub. When the engineer winked and shook his head "noooooo" I knew not to try my 7.3 Excursion in for the then new 6.0.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not doubting your assessment, but the TFL guys do know where the car manufacturers tend to go. Colorado with the I70 corridor into the mountains is a key testing ground for them drivetrain teams. I hosted many Ford drivetrain engineers in the restaurant that I owned in the early 2000s. Its a bit suspect, but not unbelievable.

I was drooling over a 6.0L King Ranch prototype sitting in front of my brewpub. When the engineer winked and shook his head "noooooo" I knew not to try my 7.3 Excursion in for the then new 6.0.
wish someone had done that for me when I bought my 6.0 that POS is going up for sale later this week when she makes it out of the shop this time. I'm never buying a newer than 7.3 diesel.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
wish someone had done that for me when I bought my 6.0 that POS is going up for sale later this week when she makes it out of the shop this time. I'm never buying a newer than 7.3 diesel.
The new diesel trucks are absolutely incredible in performance but holy shit are they a pain in the ass. My buddy has a new 2500 ram and it’s a badass truck but the maintenance on it is absurd. I’d 100% go for a 7.3 Godzilla 250 if I was looking for a HD truck. only bad thing about it is the trash gas mileage but for a few grand less than the diesel I’m sure it won’t matter. Especially with how much cheaper it will be to run.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 6.7 power stroke is a beast, I just cant recommend it enough! that said, its very expensive by comparison. Besides, the old 7.3 (and the trucks it comes in) is just plain cool!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 6.7 power stroke is a beast, I just cant recommend it enough! that said, its very expensive by comparison. Besides, the old 7.3 (and the trucks it comes in) is just plain cool!
it is a beast. until that FP goes and costs you 18k because you are 600 miles past warranty. Ask how I know.

Unfortunately, I've been having bad luck on my (newer) Ford trucks lately. each one has literally left me stranded less than 1000 miles past warranty. I've been spending more money on repairs for my trucks than on the toys those trucks exist to haul. That's why I am quitting newer diesels and going back to old school.

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
it is a beast. until that FP goes and costs you 18k because you are 600 miles past warranty. Ask how I know.

Unfortunately, I've been having bad luck on my (newer) Ford trucks lately. each one has literally left me stranded less than 1000 miles past warranty. I've been spending more money on repairs for my trucks than on the toys those trucks exist to haul. That's why I am quitting newer diesels and going back to old school.
As a fellow 6.0 owner I can feel your pain. The old trucks are getting harder and harder to find around here, especially at a good price, not rusted to dust and without a bajillion miles on them. Find something rust free, low mile and it’s priced around $20k (for an almost twenty year old truck).

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7.3 and 5.9 12v FTW, baby!!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a fellow 6.0 owner I can feel your pain. The old trucks are getting harder and harder to find around here, especially at a good price, not rusted to dust and without a bajillion miles on them. Find something rust free, low mile and it’s priced around $20k (for an almost twenty year old truck).
I'm finding early 90s 150s for 20k...its crazy. I have my eye on a few that need a little bit of work in the 3-4k range, and I happen to have all the parts and tools to do that work, and being an older truck, I actually can do that work vs a newer one.

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm finding early 90s 150s for 20k...its crazy. I have my eye on a few that need a little bit of work in the 3-4k range, and I happen to have all the parts and tools to do that work, and being an older truck, I actually can do that work vs a newer one.
That is crazy money for a 30 year old truck. Wow.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yeah I would never buy a new diesel. Too much regulation. Im not a diesel guy(and im a cdl holder). But if I were to buy one it would be and built 7.3 or a cummins. But then again what can I actually do with a light duty diesel that I can do with a 460?
Sponsored