securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also don't forget that there are no Canadians allowed on the other one....I can't go there even if I wanted to.
1589990279141.png

...ok I could bounce through a box in the US to get there but it's the principal of the thing.
Don't worry aboot it. You're welcome to stick around here, eh?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well they both have a hard top and wheels.

Seriously though, Wrangler and Bronco looking the same? I'm not seeing it. How are people confusing those front ends? Compared to other vehicles on the road that really are indistinguishable, these two look quite different.

1589982645596.png
To someone who knows the difference, yes WE can tell. To the average person who didn't care less about Bronco's before, it has quite a few similarities and could easily be confused with Jeeps. So if Ford doesn't differentiate well enough, they could have problems.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also don't forget that there are no Canadians allowed on the other one....I can't go there even if I wanted to.
1589990279141.png

...ok I could bounce through a box in the US to get there but it's the principal of the thing.
While it is funny to joke about no Canadians allowed on there, it makes zero sense, hopefully that is something that they can get resolved. We don't care to exclude y'all from most stuff.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From what I can see with the other forum It appears it will be very heavily moderated.... if you read the "rules" section it says no profanity, no politics of any kind, basically no fun allowed lol. I think Bronco6G will be just fine being more open. Those heavily curated forums end up having problems in the long run from people getting mad about their posts getting banned. I think our @Administrator has done a fantastic job at keeping a balance between allowing some banter and curating when stuff gets out of hand. My guess is that long-term Bronco6G is going to do just fine. There are multiple Jeep forums, no reason there can't be multiple Bronco forums.

Found this tidbit in their rules, about sums it up. I'll be sticking around Bronco6G lol!
lol.PNG
It's almost like they went on this forum, said "yeah no that's gonna get us sued" and went and made their own :ROFLMAO:

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure there is a reason for the Canadian ban at the moment. Maybe it’s legal and they are trying to figure it out but in the meantime they are going to gather data on The US

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

like what, for example?
I’m not in data analytics so I don’t know exactly. I am just suggesting they could be gathering data.

key data points could be location, current vehicle, email address for mailer, amount of user excitement in the US vs other markets.

CGiron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Base
It´s just such an hype regarding the Bronco so I think Ford will let us come and log in a little bit slowed down so the site isn´t crashing at once

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Doing some bored internet sleuthing, the guy who runs Overland Bound (https://www.overlandbound.com/), Steve Wetherill, is a supermod on Bronco Nation. If you look at his site, it looks a lot like what Bronco Nation is emulating. Like, almost exactly, except they use "Rally Point" instead of "Round Up".

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doing some bored internet sleuthing, the guy who runs Overland Bound (https://www.overlandbound.com/), Steve Wetherill, is a supermod on Bronco Nation. If you look at his site, it looks a lot like what Bronco Nation is emulating. Like, almost exactly, except they use "Rally Point" instead of "Round Up".
he is probably the guy in charge of it but ford is supporting the endeavor.

I can’t see Mike Levine tweeting about it, it having exclusive photo AND video, the use of brand logos and fords apparent backing and it not having that ford connection.

But you are right, even to the membership and badge numbers. Benefit I see right now is that the membership is currently free and in the other site you have to pay for it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok is it just me or did they really use a "yellow/amber" turn signal? What kind of crap is that?
Is it that big of a deal? At least they seem to have done it right (looks like LEDs), to where it'll look like a clear light when not in use. I personally hate seeing amber lenses, but don't mind HAVING amber signals - as long as you have the red/clear only LOOK to it when not in use.

The reason it was likely done is for a few reasons, the biggest probably being amber signals now give you additional safety credits/points with one of the NHTSA/IIHS (if not both) to get the highest safety ratings, and it'd also help for exportability (though that's limited), as some other countries require amber signals.

To someone who knows the difference, yes WE can tell. To the average person who didn't care less about Bronco's before, it has quite a few similarities and could easily be confused with Jeeps. So if Ford doesn't differentiate well enough, they could have problems.
I think they'll look a lot more different from each other and those concerns will disappear once we see the full thing. In that one photo from an odd angle close up, it kinda looks a bit like Wrangler, but then you look at others like that silver photo and it doesn't look anything like it.

prendrefeu

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
heavily modified off-road Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
99% of all leak photos to date have already been established to be from Ford, either an authorized "leaker" or from a secret distribution path.
Also, did you know that 93% of all stats are made up on the spot to seem plausible?