Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This has been beat to death on the forum... and the consensus seems to be that most people seem to think it's fine, but a smaller group of people think it's going to be a disaster.

This isn't the first Ford, and certainly not the first vehicle in general, to have this type of functionality. I've never known it to be an issue for us on New England on our vehicles that do this... but some people report issues.

I've found that generally, the window sliding down doesn't cause a lot of issue separating from the ice. If it doesn't move for some reason, you can still just yank on the door as the rubber seal will give way.
Mustangs have had this for decades. Continentals had it in the 60's.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All cars with frameless windows on doors do. It’s a necessity so the glass doesn’t shatter when you close the door.
Chrysler products never had this. I've owned a lot of them with frameless glass. I still have a 69 Chrysler and it's a 2 door with big windows. I'm pretty sure the Mustangs and Lincolns do this so they don't snag the upper weatherstrip.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Chrysler products never had this. I've owned a lot of them with frameless glass. I still have a 69 Chrysler and it's a 2 door with big windows. I'm pretty sure the Mustangs and Lincolns do this so they don't snag the upper weatherstrip.
My wife’s Challenger does so at some point they started. I should clarify that all MODERN cars (that I know of) with frameless windows have this.
Sponsored