Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Clubs

Front seat Height adjustment uses the recline handle sorta like a jack handle. I wish the big and talls that mentioned low headroom would have specified if they tried this, it's a pretty large span of adjustment.

Also, the rear seat recline looks like it stops just before getting into the rear fender well hump projecting into the cargo area. My family of 5 (three teenagers, one adult sized) can make this space work for a 3 hour ride to the Gulf no problem. Its all in what you want it to be.

Front seat manual height adjustment range, measured by @Tricky Dick

img_20210502_105154040_hdr-jpg.jpg

img_20210502_105131779_hdr-jpg.jpg

Advertisement

Last edited by a moderator:

stonerdoom

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
I'm curious if there are adjustment measurement differences between the electric seats vs the manual seats.

OP
Happytown

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Clubs

I'm curious if there are adjustment measurement differences between the electric seats vs the manual seats.
hmmmm can't answer that but there were both electric and manual versions at our event. I'm pretty "average" at 5'11" I guess. Both versions felt right at home to me somewhere in the middle of the adjustment range. Big n talls, and the vertically challenged probably really need to sit in one based on the wide range of impressions returned to the forum.

OP
Happytown

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Clubs

Give me about 8 hours, I'll get a measurement of the adjustment range.

Update: Here's the measurements.

IMG_20210502_105154040_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210502_105131779_HDR.jpg
I Hate to be critical of someone's effort @Tricky Dick, especially in the forum environment, but I think your tape is resting on two different elevations on the floor mat? I only say that because the adjustment really felt like more than the 1" difference the tape is showing. What say you?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I Hate to be critical of someone's effort @Tricky Dick, especially in the forum environment, but I think your tape is resting on two different elevations on the floor mat? I only say that because the adjustment really felt like more than the 1" difference the tape is showing. What say you?
In hindsight I think I might have it on the little bump. The low setting should be about 1/2" lower than indicated. I felt very rushed on top of the excitement having my head spinning.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Clubs

I know the OP already responded to this, but i also just wanted to say i bet that the difference in height is greater at the rear part of the cushion as you adjust it up and down, essentially changing the angle of the cushion and making the change feel greater than just the front measurements would indicate. Does that make sense?

OP
Happytown

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Clubs

I know the OP already responded to this, but i also just wanted to say i bet that the difference in height is greater at the rear part of the cushion as you adjust it up and down, essentially changing the angle of the cushion and making the change feel greater than just the front measurements would indicate. Does that make sense?
I think you are right. I think you can see the seat moving through the arc as you described as it comes up. I know that in person it was a pretty big difference in feel, from going full down to full up.

Also, I'm so bored waiting on the Bronco, seat height adjustment is interesting to discuss at length right now lol.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I actually watched for that and if the angle changed it was very minimal. It does move back as it moves down, and I didn't slide it back forward before measuring. The tracks are likely at an angle so it probably gains height as it comes back forward. So my measurements are probably not terribly useful, sorry.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I will say, the lowest position was far lower than I will ever use at 6ft tall, and my 6'7" brother had lots of headroom in that position. VVV

IMG_20210502_105403556_HDR~2.jpg

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I actually watched for that and if the angle changed it was very minimal. It does move back as it moves down, and I didn't slide it back forward before measuring. The tracks are likely at an angle so it probably gains height as it comes back forward. So my measurements are probably not terribly useful, sorry.
You worked with what you had... We appreciate you either way lol

blow-kiss-flying-kiss.gif

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I think you are right. I think you can see the seat moving through the arc as you described as it comes up. I know that in person it was a pretty big difference in feel, from going full down to full up.

Also, I'm so bored waiting on the Bronco, seat height adjustment is interesting to discuss at length right now lol.
Watch the seat in relation to the side pillar in the video.

Advertisement

fifteen52

Advertisement