Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having sat in both the MGV and power seats as a 6'4" human, I felt that the power seats had a lot more height adjustment in them. Never really got comfortable sitting in the manual seats.
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, no power on the 2-door.

The only vehicles that get power seats in the entire lineup are 4-doors with leather.

(also, when you option leather, it forces carpeted flooring on models that have washout floors)
Zack, I believe you are the most valuable member of this forum. Thanks for being an encyclopedia of Bronco knowledge.

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's really cool. I actually wish there was an option to delete power seats on the high/lux models.

There's a few features on those trims i really like, and a whole bunch I really don't. It's a real dilemma...
Check me on this - but if one orders BL with MGV doesn't that automatically delete the power seats EVEN in the LUX package?

OP
OP
Happytown

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check me on this - but if one orders BL with MGV doesn't that automatically delete the power seats EVEN in the LUX package?

The only vehicles that get power seats in the entire lineup are 4-doors with leather.

(also, when you option leather, it forces carpeted flooring on models that have washout floors)

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Give me about 8 hours, I'll get a measurement of the adjustment range.
Is that because it takes about that long to get the seat from the lowest to highest position? ;)

This is why I hate manual seats. My wife and I are going to have to figure out a seat height we can both settle on because playing the adjust-the-barber-chair game every time is not gonna happen. I wonder what model year will let two-door models have power seats. :)

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget cupholders! you get double the cupholders with leather!

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Big & Tall here - yep, I did both of those before I had to bail out on the Bronco. But at least I stayed inside Ford - I have signed the papers for an Explorer Platinum, taking delivery in 2-3 months.

And then in the ironic department, the Explorer Timberline was announced today, two days after I signed up for the Platinum. That's an off-road variant of the Explorer that had been rumored but not yet confirmed. I even asked several Ford and Lincoln dealers over the past week for any information about it and everybody said they didn't know a thing. I don't know if that's true but oh well, life's funny like that sometime.

For any family men who have to give up on the Bronco, I strongly recommend that you check out an Explorer. If you need the off-road then the Timberline is coming this summer. Yes, it's not as capable as a Bronco, but it will fit all the kids and crap that comes with them. Other models are available now.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having sat in both the MGV and power seats as a 6'4" human, I felt that the power seats had a lot more height adjustment in them. Never really got comfortable sitting in the manual seats.

I feel like this is correct as well. I was able to sit in a leather optioned demo during the roadshow and felt like it went very low and I was very happy with where I was sitting. At that time no one could tell me the difference between powered and manual. Took delivery of my manual adjust BD this weekend and it feels like I am sitting up higher than the demo. I can still drive it, but I am used to sitting lower in the car and it just feels very odd. My eyes are just below the roll bar, but on the plus side my head does not go above the roll bar like it does in a jeep. If I would have been able to see a manual and power before my VIN was schedule, I probably would have upgraded to a trim that could have leather. Will have to investigate options to potentially lower the seat a little more.
Sponsored