First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They should have done what Honda did with the Element. Hinged back seats that can be swung out of the way or removed entirely. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.
585266_81_61976_n5fWW0QGW.jpg

585276_81_61976_o3PmymRn3.png

585285_81_61976_xGeytYiom.png
How would that work with the top off and windows out?
Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the first thing I will be doing is removing the back seats completely. If I could order one without back seats at all I would. All they are going to do is collect dust on a shelf in my shop for their entire life.
Ford would make a lot of people happy if they’d have just made the rear seats removable. That was one of the best things about my 2 door wrangler. I took the back seat out within a month of buying it and it never went back in it until I traded it.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can unbolt the rear seats, you'll just have four weld-studs sticking up by about an inch.
so...I assume you're saying the 4 large plastic brackets below drop onto 4 weld-studs? If that's the case you'd either have to remove the studs permanently (and not be able to reinstall the seats)...or any aftermarket seat/delete load floor solution would elevate the flat load floor at least an inch or two. FUBAR

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 1599826950996

I can not purchase this vehicle unless Ford provides additional information on if/how the load floor can be made useable.

• Love
Reactions: LMB

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would that work with the top off and windows out?
The Element has carabiners that connect to the "oh shit" bars for the back seats for when you want to swing them up, out of the way. Since the Bronco has a roll cage, I suspect Ford could do something similar if they wanted to.
Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 2007-honda-element-19_1600x0w

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so...I assume you're saying the 4 large plastic brackets below drop onto 4 weld-studs? If that's the case you'd either have to remove the studs permanently (and not be able to reinstall the seats)...or any aftermarket seat/delete load floor solution would elevate the flat load floor at least an inch or two. FUBAR

1599826950996.png

I can not purchase this vehicle unless Ford provides additional information on if/how the load floor can be made useable.
I really think everyone is over reacting...

The rear seats in my Jeep are also "non-removable" from the factory. Here's a picture of how they're "permanently" attached with bolts:

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) images

And here's a picture of a Goose Gear install in a Jeep with "non-removable" rear seats:

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 09.25.51

It is true that we wont be able to fold down the rear seats so they lay flush with the rear cargo area.... so we're just going to have to decide whether we want to keep the seats in and do nothing, leave them in and raise the rear cargo area to meet the folded seat height, or take them out completely.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really think everyone is over reacting...

The rear seats in my Jeep are also "non-removable" from the factory. Here's a picture of how they're "permanently" attached with bolts:

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 09.25.51

And here's a picture of a Goose Gear install in a Jeep with "non-removable" rear seats:

It is true that we wont be able to fold down the rear seats so they lay flush with the rear cargo area.... so we're just going to have to decide whether we want to keep the seats in and do nothing, leave them in and raise the rear cargo area to meet the folded seat height, or take them out completely.
Right, we’ve just got people that sound like my dad in here lol. I bought an F-150 in 2011 with the “new” 3.5 EcoBoost and my dad thought that was dumb and he couldn’t see the point of having a truck that big because he drove a ranger for years with no issues. We’ll guess what the old man bought a 2011 F-150 in 2012 with a crew cab and 3.5 EcoBoost and still has it and absolutely loves it. He even snubbed the new rangers. I think he’s crazy but it’s kinda funny. And he gets really serious about that stuff. He all but swore I was the dumbest person on the planet for buying that truck lmao. Who’s the dummy now ?

Reactions: RG7

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whats funny is that anytime any information is posted on this forum, people progressively get more disgruntled.

Page 1-3, typically is like, "yaaa this works; im happy with it"....Then you jump to page 15+ and people are like "dimwit Ford engineers! half ass design! unacceptable! I cannot order!"

Just find it comical ??

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whats funny is that anytime any information is posted on this forum, people progressively get more disgruntled.

Page 1-3, typically is like, "yaaa this works; im happy with it"....Then you jump to page 15+ and people are like "dimwit Ford engineers! half ass design! unacceptable! I cannot order!"

Just find it comical ??
Agreed.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks...never owned a Wrangler. The web videos I've watched show a much easier removal - in fact, I think it is just removing 2 Cotter Pins & lift out the seat.

You are correct that virtually anything is changeable. But frustrating to have so little actual info from Ford to achieve a capability that is virtually a fundamental design element in the SUV segment. Thanks for posting.

Sponsored

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an Escape with the same fold down seats, which are carpeted like the rest of the cargo area. I spend hours cleaning pine needles, dirt, etc. off this carpet every time I put something dirty back there. Get rid of the carpet and just use plastic!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm interested in knowing the clearance of the load opening, and if I'll be able to stuff four of these 40 gallon bins in the 2 door. If I can't at least do that, I'll have to go 4 door.

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) IMG_20200907_102955

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) IMG_20200907_102800

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have an Escape with the same fold down seats, which are carpeted like the rest of the cargo area. I spend hours cleaning pine needles, dirt, etc. off this carpet every time I put something dirty back there. Get rid of the carpet and just use plastic!
I wish they would but it’s not a deal breaker. I’ll just pick up some weathertech or similar.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should have done what Honda did with the Element. Hinged back seats that can be swung out of the way or removed entirely. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.
Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) IMG_20200907_102800

I had an element for a while and it was one of the coolest cars ever for usability. I was playing shows with my band at the time and I could fit the whole bands gear in the element and lock it.

I don’t know why some companies don’t just steal the interior design.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Maybe making them easily removable, but no having them hanging on the side like that. Defeats the whole purpose of removable doors and such. The Element had some cool seat engineering, but it's a whole different animal.

This seat folding will work for my needs.
Sponsored