Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing this; I'd been curious about the drawer as well. And yep, this video killed my interest.

Hopefully ARB releases their drawer soon.
Sponsored

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door or 4 door?

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good video. Only 50lbs top load capacity, that sucks! But you could use those gaps on the side to build a frame out of 1x1s and then screw a good sheet of wood over the top. Adding braces to lay over the the top of the drawer but under the wood. Cover it all with black outdoor carpeting.. That will eliminate the gaps and increase top load capacity.
Seems to me by the time you do all that you might as well make your own drawers as well.

Reactions: Dom

Sponsored

esquirebdc

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the one that I got and installed. Very sturdy, with legs to access the area underneath, and adjustable interior walls. Rattled a little bit at first, but that can be fixed by putting some small felt pads inside. Only issue I have right now is that Rough Country won't return my emails on a bad corner that was apparently damaged at the factory. Not a big issue, but they should at least return my damned emails.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That just saved me some $$$. Thank you!

KVK

Black Diamond
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09ā€™ F150, 89ā€™ Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the one that I got and installed. Very sturdy, with legs to access the area underneath, and adjustable interior walls. Rattled a little bit at first, but that can be fixed by putting some small felt pads inside. Only issue I have right now is that Rough Country won't return my emails on a bad corner that was apparently damaged at the factory. Not a big issue, but they should at least return my damned emails.
I didnā€™t see the weight limit for the top deck on RCā€™s website. Do you know what it is?

esquirebdc

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didnā€™t see the weight limit for the top deck on RCā€™s website. Do you know what it is?
All I can say is I was curious before I installed it and I put the legs on then sat on it. It can hold 234 lbs pretty easily. Very sturdy.

Reactions: KVK

Sponsored

Cyclin1972

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For one, the max load capacity of 50lb on top is pretty laughable, the fact that it doesn't fit nicely side to side is annoying and that you can only have same size cubbies in the drawer is a no go. Also looks a bit flimsy to me. A rushed design, I'm gonna wait and see what others come up with or build my own. I'd also like this to be relatively easy to remove when not needed (like 90+% of the time).

Don't know if the person that made the video is on the forum here, but I was very happy to finally find a video showing this thing in more detail, can strike it off my shopping list.
Great video! You could always add a thin aluminum precut top to eliminate the gaps on both sides and then add the tie downs on top of it to secure. As far as the screws, I like the idea of the torx, which can always be purchased. A small piece of floor mat rubber could also cover the unfinished area where the caps were removed. Thanks for providing us with your video! This definitely helps me out when I get mine this month

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Fifred

Black Diamond
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed this one and it seems very sturdy. Itā€™s heavy gauge metal and I think would hold a lot more than 50 lbs.

With the height of 8ā€ it is the same height as the highest point of the back seats when folded down. Iā€™m thinking about making a platform to go forward of the box to make the area flat. With the gap at the front the platform it can be secure and be removable. Havenā€™t drawn anything yet, all in my head.

Only negative is when installing the bolts for the tie downs, all of the welded nuts inside broke and I had to hold the with vise grips to tighten. Just poor welds. Otherwise Iā€™m happy with it.

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I get all the hate with this setup.

If I want to carry something heavier on it Iā€™ll just put some plywood down or something to help distribute the weight or place it by the sides where it is stronger. The 50 lb reference is for the bozo that tries to throw a heavy weight right in the middle of the top of the box - lowest common denominator. Doesnā€™t mean it will melt when wet or immediately deform.

Iā€™m going to keep my storage compartment mat underneath it and possibly make a relief cut so I can get to the jack and cubbies I wonā€™t hopefully need to access much but intend to utilize in conjunction with this box for storage.

I appreciate the video as it helped identify that it is not a solid box bottom, which makes sense for access to the jack and cubbies by removing the drawer. All good for me and helps to burn through some of the weā€™re sorry money I need to spend.

Do I think it is the best thing going or which will ever be designed: No

Would I buy it without ā€˜free Ford moneyā€™: Maybe not

Do I think itā€™ll suit my needs just fine: Yes
Sponsored