Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
TartSlimyFoxterrier-small[1].gif

What were you honestly expecting?

It's possibly the most dull shade of silver possible and you were expecting it to somehow not look like this:

2379936345673_13632994_1990_Geo_Metro[1].jpg

But have all the spice, excitement and svelte sophistication of this:

5c08d896-99e5-40f7-b922-d6687193ac52[1].JPG

Iconic silver is a color to offend no one. 99.9% of customers who darken a dealership floor will not be turned off by the color. A color to excite no one. To exist is to be Iconic silver.

Iconic silver is the "extra medium" of everything. Is that shirt just a touch too small or large? Extra medium is there and fits like something non-offensive. It will work. No, it's not going to fit well or feel great. But it's there. And if you wanted "well I guess it's here, so that's good enough for me", then Iconic silver is there to, um, I guess just be there.
Jeep has had some very good looking silvers over the years,

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This confirms my decision on the modular black hard top for the WT reservation I have. No matter how hard I try, I can't get behind the MIC gray top. It really looks like a used Avalanche. I was willing to compromise, but I just simply can't get behind the MIC. Thanks for this!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t believe pictures do Iconic silver justice. It’s one of those colors you have to see in person. This also looks like an overcast day. A grey, or silver is gonna looked washed out on a day like this. On a sunny day however, the color looks magnificent and shines just right. I think it would look better with the black grill of the OBX as well. At least I think the black grill would give it more contrast. I think this is my choice which is funny because I choose this initially but then continued to change colors every 2.5 seconds. But this seems like the one for me unless I see a velocity blue and change my mind again. Lol
I'm getting a BB 2-door, sticking with my choice of this color but this video makes me very nervous. I've seen it in person and it just looks so good.
These pictures do Iconic zero justice. It's one of the more interesting and deep silvers I've seen in quite awhile.
Mmmmmmm, nope. 2 years into owning Iconic Silver it's going to look pretty much exactly like the picture. Lets be honest with ourselves here, how many folks who own "I don't have an opinion so I bought what the dealer had on the lot: Silver" cars are out there doing paint correction and keeping that clear coat optically clear so the silver "pops"?

For fun the next time you go for a drive, pay close attention to cars in this shade of silver. It's actually going to be more difficult to spot them than you think, they are so incredibly numerous and bland that they melt right into the background of your consciousness.

Really focus on seeing them. Then pay close attention to how visually stimulated you are by seeing that color. There will be tens or hundreds to observe daily (depending on your drive distance) since this color is as common as buttholes.

That feeling of tepid existence, that feeling deep down in your cockles of..... What are we talking about? Iconic silver? Oh, it exists. What more did you think you were getting?

Ford Bronco Video: Iconic Silver Bronco Big Bend 4-Door With MIC Hardtop Boredom on wheels

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is it just me or does the black plastic rear bumper just not look right? Too square or something.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NEW $55,000 CAR LOOKS.....OLD!!!
Silver makes the MIC top look like old plastic on an Avalanche

Like when you have really old black plastic on a car that turns grey
I really want a hard top - now I will try to order a soft top then get a black or body colored hard top in the future

Ford Bronco Video: Iconic Silver Bronco Big Bend 4-Door With MIC Hardtop Boredom on wheels

Greying plastic should be the LEAST of this guy's concerns.

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 11.08.41 AM.png

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it just me or does the black plastic rear bumper just not look right? Too square or something.
Agreed, looks like they haven’t settled on the final mold for the bumper. Still seems like a prototype. Very blocky and unfinished-looking.

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree. It's horrible. I'll be looking for aftermarket replacements, ASAP.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that the actual color of all mic tops or do they have 2 shades ? Light and dark? That is no way a carbon color.
If it’s that light, I now see what everyone has been complaining about

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I kinda like a leveled F150 in silver with black wheels. Could probably achieve the same look on the Bronco. But, this is like going into Buffalo Wild Wings and finding out they are out of wing sauce and beer

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same. The asymmetry with the license plate holder gives my OCD fits. The steel rear bumper looks much better and cleaner.

gamma_j

Black Diamond
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the MIC on a silver Big Bend is all kinds of weird. Too many shades of related colors to produce enough contrast OR consistency. The carbonized grey grille/wheels/hardtop are too close to silver to make it work. I think it'll look fine with just about any other color than silver.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve been waiting this entire time for some good pics of iconic silver 4 door. I know these aren’t the clearest pics but silver kind of looks underwhelming to me here.

I like iconic silver in person, but these are making me second guess it just a little. Either way I’m glad to finally see different color Broncos out in the wild.

Edit: Maybe it’s just that shitty top ?
Yeah I've seen the color in person and it looks great. In the pictures, not so much. Honestly the size of the tires on the BB looks good to me, but the wheels need to be wider.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mmmmmmm, nope. 2 years into owning Iconic Silver it's going to look pretty much exactly like the picture. Lets be honest with ourselves here, how many folks who own "I don't have an opinion so I bought what the dealer had on the lot: Silver" cars are out there doing paint correction and keeping that clear coat optically clear so the silver "pops"?

For fun the next time you go for a drive, pay close attention to cars in this shade of silver. It's actually going to be more difficult to spot them than you think, they are so incredibly numerous and bland that they melt right into the background of your consciousness.

Really focus on seeing them. Then pay close attention to how visually stimulated you are by seeing that color. There will be tens or hundreds to observe daily (depending on your drive distance) since this color is as common as buttholes.

That feeling of tepid existence, that feeling deep down in your cockles of..... What are we talking about? Iconic silver? Oh, it exists. What more did you think you were getting?

Ford Bronco Video: Iconic Silver Bronco Big Bend 4-Door With MIC Hardtop Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 11.08.41 AM
Are we sure this isn't Cactus Gray???
Sponsored