David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Impressive. I didn’t think there was a Bronco out there I wouldn’t take but...
Ford Bronco Video: Iconic Silver Bronco Big Bend 4-Door With MIC Hardtop A2E71C44-503A-4F58-830F-89DFD2D9016B
Sponsored

Last edited:

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mmmmmmm, nope. 2 years into owning Iconic Silver it's going to look pretty much exactly like the picture. Lets be honest with ourselves here, how many folks who own "I don't have an opinion so I bought what the dealer had on the lot: Silver" cars are out there doing paint correction and keeping that clear coat optically clear so the silver "pops"?

For fun the next time you go for a drive, pay close attention to cars in this shade of silver. It's actually going to be more difficult to spot them than you think, they are so incredibly numerous and bland that they melt right into the background of your consciousness.

Really focus on seeing them. Then pay close attention to how visually stimulated you are by seeing that color. There will be tens or hundreds to observe daily (depending on your drive distance) since this color is as common as buttholes.

That feeling of tepid existence, that feeling deep down in your cockles of..... What are we talking about? Iconic silver? Oh, it exists. What more did you think you were getting?

Ford Bronco Video: Iconic Silver Bronco Big Bend 4-Door With MIC Hardtop A2E71C44-503A-4F58-830F-89DFD2D9016B
Yep, this is ultimately what killed this color for me. Silver turns to gray in like 2 years. Just like Rapid Red will turn to maroon in 2-3 years, AMB to navy, etc.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Meh. Wheels too skinny, tires too all-season, paint too common and boring, mud flaps look ridiculous.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When the privacy tint is darker than the top, then Ford has failed. The only acceptable reason why this left the factory is if it was promptly to be driven in to a wall for crash test data.

And those mudflaps... just don't.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So are these LED tail lights? I cant tell if the DRL's were on or not ..... are those the Sig headlights?
No, these aren't the signature lights.

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Video: Iconic Silver Bronco Big Bend 4-Door With MIC Hardtop 1608231039700

What were you honestly expecting?

It's possibly the most dull shade of silver possible and you were expecting it to somehow not look like this:

Ford Bronco Video: Iconic Silver Bronco Big Bend 4-Door With MIC Hardtop 1608231039700

But have all the spice, excitement and svelte sophistication of this:

Iconic silver is a color to offend no one. 99.9% of customers who darken a dealership floor will not be turned off by the color. A color to excite no one. To exist is to be Iconic silver.

Iconic silver is the "extra medium" of everything. Is that shirt just a touch too small or large? Extra medium is there and fits like something non-offensive. It will work. No, it's not going to fit well or feel great. But it's there. And if you wanted "well I guess it's here, so that's good enough for me", then Iconic silver is there to, um, I guess just be there.
Another epic quote from Rick Astley. I will offer one defense of this otherwise non-exciting color:
The MIC top in this photo actually makes the silver look like primer paint. I had a similarly colored JK and it can look good. It's all about the accessories
Ford Bronco Video: Iconic Silver Bronco Big Bend 4-Door With MIC Hardtop 1608231891025

Even the Geo Metro has potential:
Ford Bronco Video: Iconic Silver Bronco Big Bend 4-Door With MIC Hardtop 1608231952248

?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Silver was in my short list. This takes it off. It just looks boring.
This was on my short list two, but after I went to the dealer and saw it in person I decided it was too light. About halfway between this and CG would be perfect.
Sponsored