jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was pretty sure about Iconic but a trip to the dealer told me it was way too light of a silver. I had convinced myself that 51 was the way to go, but it being the popular choice and not metallic, I have a fear that it will not age well. The charcoal gray's caught my eye at the dealer and like you, I found an Explorer in CG. I have narrowed my choice to CG and 51 and right now I think it will be CG. Its going to look great on a OBX with the MIC top.
Same. I like A51 better than AMB. At least at the moment. The biggest appeal for AMB is that its a classic color and will age well. I plan on owning for 10 years. And I’m not even sure if I’ll like A51 in a couple years or when I’m 10 years an older man. If mod tops were available, as well as tire options, and standard interior colors, I’d be 100% AMB on the OBX all the way. But alas....
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After seeing this pic online, all I could think about is how nice my Carbonized Gray Wildtrak is going to look with Sandstone leather. ?

images (4).jpeg
Carb gray will look great on a wildtrak. From afar the paint has a bit of a sandstone look to it when the sun hits it. Look at the photo of my Subaru with the explorer in the background. I noticed out of the corner of my eye sometimes carb gray read as a bright metallic sandstone silver.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to love Carbonized Gray but everything I've seen is that it's a shade too light for me. And I respectfully disagree with it looking good with the MIC. When the lighting shifts and you can distinctly see the difference in sheen between the two like colors it's off putting to me.

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Colors look better/worse on different vehicles. You really can't judge based off of seeing that color on an Explorer vs. the actual Bronco. You have to consider the lines, length, height, accent colors, top, wheels, etc. Personally, I think Carbonized Grey looks much better on the Bronco than the Explorer.

7D55EF76-F2C1-48D6-8670-1C20E37D6349.jpeg
This is a good point, especially if you are getting a black soft top. I keep going back and forth between A51 and CG. Leaning towards A51 but that changes by the day...lol

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good point, especially if you are getting a black soft top. I keep going back and forth between A51 and CG. Leaning towards A51 but that changes by the day...lol
I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've changed my mind on colors. I'm leaning heavily towards Carbonized Grey for several reasons.... It looks great, goes well with the top and other blacks/greys down low, no worries about color clash with the interior, black graphics/stripes will look great added later, wrap-friendly color if I decide to wrap later. It also will look just as good dirty as it does clean. (my Bronco will be dirty more often than clean) Bottom line it's a safe color. I'm not a fan of picking a brighter color if I have not seen it in person...off colors tend to not age well. I wouldn't mind black, but it would show every scratch and be swirl city!

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've changed my mind on colors. I'm leaning heavily towards Carbonized Grey for several reasons.... It looks great, goes well with the top and other blacks/greys down low, no worries about color clash with the interior, black graphics/stripes will look great added later, wrap-friendly color if I decide to wrap later. It also will look just as good dirty as it does clean. (my Bronco will be dirty more often than clean) Bottom line it's a safe color. I'm not a fan of picking a brighter color if I have not seen it in person...off colors tend to not age well. I wouldn't mind black, but it would show every scratch and be swirl city!
All good points! Hoping to see some 4D soft top pics in CG before I make a final decision, which will probably be at the dealer....lol
Sponsored