First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can put the extension in either slot in the back and it will fit either one. There’s two adjustable slots on each side of the rail. (See photo)
Hope this helps.

IMG_5057.jpeg
So you're saying this can be used in both the front and rear slots on the hardtop?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wish it had option bars that connected it to the oem rack.

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wish it had option bars that connected it to the oem rack.
The problem with that is there’s no way to connect the oem bars to the extension bars plus there’s no allowances for the extension bars to get into the extension cross bar because their capped with no openings.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I purchased two of these awhile back hoping they would work in both slots like others are mentioning here, but I found it only works on the rear slots. The roof molding is slightly different at the front slot locations so the mounting feet don't sit quite right and the internal threaded tightener screw/assembly aren't long enough to work right. Deff wish Mabett would make a dedicated single crossbar for the front slots too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I purchased two of these awhile back hoping they would work in both slots like others are mentioning here, but I found it only works on the rear slots. The roof molding is slightly different at the front slot locations so the mounting feet don't sit quite right and the internal threaded tightener screw/assembly aren't long enough to work right. Deff wish Mabett would make a dedicated single crossbar for the front slots too.
Man I just can’t see it. Both forward an rearward slots look exactly the same. I’d love to verify your findings but unfortunately I don’t want to have to remove my OEM rack to verify. Maybe @Mabett can verify?

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man I just can’t see it. Both forward an rearward slots look exactly the same. I’d love to verify your findings but unfortunately I don’t want to have to remove my OEM rack to verify. Maybe @Mabett can verify?
I mean yes, they LOOK the same the differences are very slight but the roof curvature that the foot pack sits on and clamps to is slightly different. Mabett indicated in another thread they would work which is why I tried it, but that was unfortunately not the case. All Mabett essentially needs to do to make a front crossbar is to take the rear part of their factory style rack they already make and make a version without the holes the rails pass through.

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mean yes, they LOOK the same the differences are very slight but the roof curvature that the foot pack sits on and clamps to is slightly different. Mabett indicated in another thread they would work which is why I tried it, but that was unfortunately not the case. All Mabett essentially needs to do to make a front crossbar is to take the rear part of their factory style rack they already make and make a version without the holes the rails pass through.
That’s amazing. Now is it a slightly different shape to your top than some others. We all know the stories behind the MIC top.
I’ll tag @Mabett and see if he’s seen this before. If he wants me to pull my oem rack I will to verify fitment.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s amazing. Now is it a slightly different shape to your top than some others. We all know the stories behind the MIC top.
I’ll tag @Mabett and see if he’s seen this before. If he wants me to pull my oem rack I will to verify fitment.
I thought about possible MIC issues too but mine is the updated, newer version and everything on it seems to be perfect. I haven't had any of the issues others complain about whatsoever (knock on wood). The fitment wasn't the only problem though, the bigger issue honestly was the internal clamp & tightening screws also needed to be longer to fit in the front slots. It was quite a bit off so I wouldn't think my hardtop molding could be off THAT much. Deff interested to hear what Mabett has to say though.

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I figured if I added an extension to the roof rack I may as well do the same for Jr. 🤣

IMG_5098.jpg

IMG_5099.jpg

Sponsored

MGoMike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the OEM rack and have taken it off once and have not since put it back on (only have had the bronc for about a month and took the rack off for the summer/ease of removing panels) so I am not an expert on it, but if anyone wants to just have the two cross rails on the back roof panel, why not just remove the side rails and middle cross bar on the OEM rack and leave the rear part? There would be the hole on the front side of the mounts where the side rails would slide into, but is there any other reason that wouldn't work (not a sarcastic question)?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It will be interesting to see what the real-world weight limit of the roof is since it is just plastic wrapped pressboard, after all. And why Ford didn't want additional weight and dynamic load further back on the roof.

At speed there should be a fair amount of force pressing down on the roof so I guess it will work until it doesn't!

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was thinking of just one cross bar for the 2 door just to hold track boards only.

125 is not that bad.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With two bars in the back, Mabett needs to make a side bracket to hang Rotopax and such from - they could clamp on to both crossbars and hang over the side. Should be really simple.

There needs to be a solution for side racks with OEM racks. THis would be a really good way to do that - buy a combo with the back bar and the side racks for $200?

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the OEM rack and have taken it off once and have not since put it back on (only have had the bronc for about a month and took the rack off for the summer/ease of removing panels) so I am not an expert on it, but if anyone wants to just have the two cross rails on the back roof panel, why not just remove the side rails and middle cross bar on the OEM rack and leave the rear part? There would be the hole on the front side of the mounts where the side rails would slide into, but is there any other reason that wouldn't work (not a sarcastic question)?
I have the OEM rack as well and am wondering what it would look like with using the rear bar form original rack and the new Mabett one for the far back.....other than the hole you mentioned???
Sponsored