Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw this hidden winch and really liked it, until I saw this kit is only for those with the plastic bumper. I have the mod still bumper but I want something like this So I can keep my ACC and camera.

Ford Bronco Video: Making the Rough Country Hidden Winch fit on the Mod Steel Bumper C487245D-18F8-4AE5-8478-97DA3C28CC32

Well, give this guy props as he researched that kit and made it fit onto his BL steel bumper. Take a look. I bet Rough Country comes out with their own kit/skid plate soon to make it fit the steel bumper but looks like yes, it can be done.

Heres his Part 1 video (part 2 coming soon but this tells most of the story):

Part 2 Video here:
Sponsored

Last edited:

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This guy is bad ass. I think I might have tried a Dremel with a cut-off wheel for trimming the frame, but good on him for jumping in head first.

Maybe @RoughCountryRyan can comment on if they are working on an official mod bumper version?

Ahhhh... Looks like this is no bueno with the 2.7L engine?

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahhhh... Looks like this is no bueno with the 2.7L engi
Where did you see that this won't work with the 2.7?

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 has a heat exchanger mounted where the winch is being located in this video.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That guy is a hero! Jumps right in and puts a sawzall to his brand new Bronco!! Love it!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah - I was eyeballing the installation instructions and all the frame pictures of the Bronco trying to figure out if this was possible. I am so glad it is, and hope that Rough Country adds a w/Mod Bumper bash plate option to the selections.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice 👌

I am wanting to see how this ends up but great to see in detail how everything is setup. I hope RC comes out with a skid for the modular bumper so I can use what I paid for but good to know this plastic bumper setup is a fairly easy work around.

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice job! I really like this setup but want to use the RC skid. I imagine it will be available with the mod bumper by the time I get mine. I’m hoping it will fit with an aftermarket intercooler too….I ordered the manual so I’ll have less stuff up there.

Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you look at my post history, I posted photos of the location they want to put the winch with the skid removed, there is a heat exchanger of some sort there that would not allow it to sit where the winch does.

This is RC rushing a solution to market without doing enough R&D. I'd be really hesitant to mount this even if it fit.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you look at my post history, I posted photos of the location they want to put the winch with the skid removed, there is a heat exchanger of some sort there that would not allow it to sit where the winch does.

This is RC rushing a solution to market without doing enough R&D. I'd be really hesitant to mount this even if it fit.
I don't think it's RC rushing to market as much as RC not being able to get ahold of the different models. Let's put the blame where it lies, Ford was in control of who they worked with and when as far as aftermarket suppliers. 4WP had what they needed to get their stuff to market first even though they are beyond absurdly overpriced. RC has always been an affordable option, it's a shame Ford hasn't worked with them more closely.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You mean like Ford did with theirs? Failing to test on vehicles with the high & lux packages and it not compatible with front sensors & ACC?
Sponsored