Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wouldn't it be easier just too wait a little bit longer and get what you really want?? I mean financially its definitely smarter. Unless you got money to burn.

I mean when you really think about it most people ordering the 2021s won't be getting their vehicles till the middle or end of next year. Whats another 6 months after that. If this is what you really want I would wait. I know if i had the money I would. JMO..
I doubt that this is coming as a 2022MY, but I hope it is. If Ford releases the information and specs on this and it is also a 2022MY awesome. I am not only buying a Bronco but also designing and manufacturing accessories, its pretty hard to do that without a rig to test them on. Like I said, I might end up keeping the FE anyways, I would hate to miss out on a year or two of driving my dream vehicle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 13817

I agree. Didn’t Ford say the Warthog would drop before December by the time order to into the system?
I never saw a statement on that. I would be Pleasantly surprised for details that soon. I have a First Edition reserved (which I will keep). Truthfully, if the warthog is announced, I’ll reserve one and then figure out what to do next ?.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lord help meh if this is available for MY22... I want my Braptor

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Loving that nickname for the warthog! 'brap' ... Brappppppppppppp sounds like the A-10 warthog shooting it's gun haha

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I never saw a statement on that. I would be Pleasantly surprised for details that soon. I have a First Edition reserved (which I will keep). Truthfully, if the warthog is announced, I’ll reserve one and then figure out what to do next ?.
Ditto. But I've figured out what to do next, keep both.
tenor (2).gif

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wouldn't it be easier just too wait a little bit longer and get what you really want?? I mean financially its definitely smarter. Unless you got money to burn.

I mean when you really think about it most people ordering the 2021s won't be getting their vehicles till the middle or end of next year. Whats another 6 months after that. If this is what you really want I would wait. I know if i had the money I would. JMO..
I started thinking about residual values and the lease/buy (essentially self lease) equation yesterday. If we assume three year residuals will be between a Wrangler and an F150 as proxies, at what point does buying and selling or trading in at the three year point become more advantageous than leasing?

My assumption is by three years Ford will have learned a a lot and worked that and in demand consumer choices back into production. At the same time the aftermarket will have caught up as well so a build plan versus what you order is more clear.

Another consideration - will Badlands hold its value better like the Rubicon does.

Sponsored

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You gotta wonder if those drivers get sick of being filmed. Plus the knowledge that half the time the person filming is also driving, putting some at-risk vehicles literally as close as possible. Unique job hazard haha.

Looks awesome. As much as I want one, I have to think of it like I thought of the Raptor when I bought my F-150. I would've loved it, but no way I could throw that much cash at it.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's in Keystone, CO... less than two hours from me. Great place for high elevation testing.

Interesting that the front one had a black top. It doesn't look like the black painted top though. I like the look of it and hope that is an option for launch!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These "Warthog Files" are getting interesting.... Really wonder what model year these will be? 2023-2024? Sooner?

My original plan was/is to keep my 2.7 Badlands for at least the next 10 years and do mods after year 4 when I've finished paying for it; as the prospect of a suspension upgrade and lift from someplace like ICON or FOX would lead to some real rock crawling and wheeling.

However, the stance on that Warthog looks... well.... BEASTLY! But I'd want it to be obnoxiously loud (douche!) because its called a Warthog, so may as well sound like one although it's really a horsey.... whatever.

I'll be following these developments just for fun unless I catch Warthog fever in a couple of years. I hate to chase this dragon, as the same crap happened to me with the M3 years ago, but largely felt that thing was barely drivable on roads so I sold it after only 2 years. I know this is apples to oranges, but driving a seriously rev happy performance tuned vehicle in urban settings can be interesting.

We shall see.
Sponsored