MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW X3 2018 BMW 440i
Clubs

These "Warthog Files" are getting interesting.... Really wonder what model year these will be? 2023-2024? Sooner?

My original plan was/is to keep my 2.7 Badlands for at least the next 10 years and do mods after year 4 when I've finished paying for it; as the prospect of a suspension upgrade and lift from someplace like ICON or FOX would lead to some real rock crawling and wheeling.

However, the stance on that Warthog looks... well.... BEASTLY! But I'd want it to be obnoxiously loud (douche!) because its called a Warthog, so may as well sound like one although it's really a horsey.... whatever.

I'll be following these developments just for fun unless I catch Warthog fever in a couple of years. I hate to chase this dragon, as the same crap happened to me with the M3 years ago, but largely felt that thing was barely drivable on roads so I sold it after only 2 years. I know this is apples to oranges, but driving a seriously rev happy performance tuned vehicle in urban settings can be interesting.

We shall see.

Advertisement

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
1603032104493.png

Portal axles? I mean I don't THINK they are but it does almost look that way.

Edited: no, definitely just a weird shock mount.

Last edited:

Apples

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing. Come On Bronco!!
1603032104493.png

Portal axles? I mean I don't THINK they are but it does almost look that way.
That's the lower shock mount hanging down. Discussed on here with great dismay in different threads. I did notice in one of the other Warthog threads, they've gusseted the mount. It looks like it only works because the axle is longer so there's room between the shock mount and the control arm mount.

G6BroncoUpstateSC

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 1990 Bronco
I'll just enjoy my First Edition or whatever I get until this comes out. I highly doubt the resale price will be much of a hit if I choose to get one, or I'll keep both if my wife wants to rock the 1st edition.
Agreed, there is no rule stating that you cannot have more than one of these things. A stable always looks better when it has multiple horses.

Bullitt

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
I think with all of the Warthog testing going on, especially now that there are several in Colorado, they are much closer to production than we think. I'm betting there's a solid chance for 2022!!! This is promising.

Advertisement

Advertisement