JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Always wanted a Raptor, but didn’t want a pickup. So a Bronco Raptor is the best of both worlds for me. My question....

If I’m going to be a weekend warrior but use this as a daily driver in God’s Country (NJ), should I have 35s or 37s. I don’t want obnoxiously big tires, but want the best and the Bronco Raptor would be the best IMO.

Will it make sense to get a Bronco Raptor without 37s?
I can see them offering the base Warthog/Raptor with 35's and 37's as an option.
Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I highly doubt this is coming till MY2023, ford has said they will still be building reservations into the 2022MY. They could do like the gt350 and do a very limited 2022MY build at the very end of the MY cycle. I dont think any of the delays we have seen have anything to do with this. what sense would it be to delay build and price just to have a limited production vehicle on the site.

All signs point to this getting the 3.0, possibly the hybrid version. Ford has said the 3.5 is too large to fit and meet crash standards. I would not expect tire size options from the factory as ford performance historically builds a vehicle that works well as a package; gearing, suspension, and tire size working together to give the best performance and driving experience

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would make sense to give the new Bronco the tried and true Raptor engine, and give the new 2021+ Ford Raptor the 750+ HP engine.
i would expect the 3.0 in some form, hybrid or not. this motor is used in many of the ford platforms with output from 400hp 415tq to the hybrid with 494hp 630tq. it is tried and has the same exterior dimensions as the 2.7

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i would expect the 3.0 in some form, hybrid or not. this motor is used in many of the ford platforms with output from 400hp 415tq to the hybrid with 494hp 630tq. it is tried and has the same exterior dimensions as the 2.7
Well, the 3.0 has been stated to be in the works for Ford, even with the hybrid option.
There was a leak earlier in the year with a possible "electric efficiency" coach or something like that. If we were ignoring the fact that the 3.5 doesn't fit in the Bronco, according to engineers, then it would make sense to just plop the 3.5 twin turbo from the old Raptor. Now, for CAFE standards, it doesn't help, but one can dream.

Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tourists from Arizona, c’mon dude!!

look at “______”

A02346B4-CD91-45D1-99D1-49AE5D383B00.jpeg

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco (VIDEO) Multiple Bronco Warthogs on the road with closeups [TFL] 1603114313602

These are 35"
These are three same line lengths.
Also look at the third tail light on top of the wheel.....just covers it a bit. Compare this this with other 33" pictures out there.
I susspect that the 35" wheels on the Wildtrak are, will be wider / beefier

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is not official from Ford BUT the rumor has it that there will be special edition Raptor with the GT500 supercharged V8 engine. This is in response to TRX.

BUT I seriously doubt it will be the only engine option as a v8 supercharged will be 90K+. Ford does not want to price out the Raptor V8 and make it out of reach.

Ford will use some sort of hybrid engine in the next Raptor as a 2nd engine choice. Doing so will allow them to use the 3.5L in the Warthog.

just my opinion.

It would make sense to give the new Bronco the tried and true Raptor engine, and give the new 2021+ Ford Raptor the 750+ HP engine.

Last edited:

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has me re-thinking my Bronco purchase. I am considering waiting the additional year as I much prefer the stance and silhouette of the Warthog. That would also allow me to see a Bronco in person prior to purchasing one.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I plan to get both. I will order a Wildtrak for my wife and get a Warthog for myself. Though my wife did tells me she wants the Warthog but I think it will be too much for her. She has driven my Raptors before BUT it scares her as it is too big.

This has me re-thinking my Bronco purchase. I am considering waiting the additional year as I much prefer the stance and silhouette of the Warthog. That would also allow me to see a Bronco in person prior to purchasing one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1603114313602.png

These are 35"
These are three same line lengths.
Also look at the third tail light on top of the wheel.....just covers it a bit. Compare this this with other 33" pictures out there.
I susspect that the 35" wheels on the Wildtrak are, will be wider / beefier
35" look real good!

BroncoActual

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan to get both. I will order a Wildtrak for my wife and get a Warthog for myself. Though my wife did tell me she wants the Warthog but I think it will be too much for her. She has driven my Raptors before BUT it scares her as it is too big.
The Warthog won't be as big as the Raptor...she should be fine! Or start having her drive the Raptor around more so once she gets the hog, she'll be throwing it around like she's in a Miata

Don't taze tease me, bro.

Ford Bronco (VIDEO) Multiple Bronco Warthogs on the road with closeups [TFL] 1603114313602

*I don't see people buying into the name for production, though.
Gotta add the sound

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

May get a little expensive matching paint but I’m with you. In fact outside of engine it might be possible to get the whole look
I doubt they would make it easy to make a fake warthog by slapping on the fenders - but if they do be prepared for your warthog to look less and less unique with every mall you drive into.

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Warthog won't be as big as the Raptor...she should be fine! Or start having her drive the Raptor around more so once she gets the hog, she'll be throwing it around like she's in a Miata

Gotta add the sound
Raptor Ranger is the same chassis as the Bronco
Sponsored