Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You wanna know how I know you didn't watch the whole video? :LOL:
You are correct. I watched the beginning where they pause the recording when they drive on the pavement. I enjoyed their excitement driving for 5 minutes off-road. But to be honest, watching handheld video bouncing around makes me sick (motion sickness). It's weird, I have no problem driving. But I can't be a passenger in a vehicle on bouncy rides. My apologies if they record the return trip on pavement.
Sponsored

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just the f*cking best. I love you for making this, @Bullitt. ❤

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super cool!
Very good illustration of how well the suspension/brakes/throttle all work together in various situations/conditions.
That puppy is super smooth bajaing down that road. And that dip at just before 3:00. Wow.
I'm like you, patience in waiting took a hit now watching this video.
I'm going to make the family watch it later, get them stoked for some desert runnin'.
Thanks for this.
A lot of people would either not film and live in/enjoy the moment or try and record with a potato in standard mode with pixels.
I can't like this original post enough.

Mr Smith

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C400 , 2015 Grand Cherokee , 2004 F250 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had an incredible time out in the Bronco today. Nipper Alsup took me out for about an hour and what a ride it was. Nipper has an extensive background in racing and off-roading. (His dad raced Indy Cars for Roger Penske back in the day) Nipper demonstrated all of the awesome features on the Bronco and did a phenomenal job out there.

I absolutely loved my ride-along and couldn't be happier with the new Bronco. It's a beast!

Here's a video I recorded during my ride. It's a long video but captures my experience quite well. Enjoy!

what's the rattle from

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool.

Love how Nipper is honest about his initial thoughts on some features - like descent control - and how his view changed after more time with it. Good balance of describing value of features for novices and the more experienced.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video! Quick question, why couldn't he use the trail turn assist when he tried on the hard packed portion? Was it because he had the stability control off and needed to turn it back on to trail turn?
Curious about this also. Nipper called it an 'interesting caveat' I think.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Baja necessarily lock the differentials? I’m thinking this could be perfect for north Jersey roads, which are probably worse than a lot of that dirt track.

wonder if I could undo the sway bar and go like that up to about 50 mph.

:)
Baja mode defaults to 4H (locked center) and 2H is available.
Anti-sway disconnect is only available below 25mph.

Baja mode seems similar to a track mode in a sports car. More aggressive than Sport mode. I think gravel roads in 4H and paved roads in 2H will be a lot of fun.

Now for the naysayers to chime in on how Baja is no good for the street because the tires spin. Well, some of us learned how to drive without any traction / stability control....

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn he was pushin it looks like it would carve trails as good as my side x side (honda 1000)
ps:we need a green with envy like!

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Baja mode defaults to 4H (locked center) and 2H is available.
Anti-sway disconnect is only available below 25mph.

Baja mode seems similar to a track mode in a sports car. More aggressive than Sport mode. I think gravel roads in 4H and paved roads in 2H will be a lot of fun.

Now for the naysayers to chime in on how Baja is no good for the street because the tires spin. Well, some of us learned how to drive without any traction / stability control....
2H is *available* in Baja mode?! That’s great! Never saw that before. Woot!!

i’m just looking for some more pep on occasion, not worried about spinning a tire. That’s very much not going to be a factor for me and how I drive. :cool:

Sponsored

EliasJr

First Edition
First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford f350 SD, 15 Jeep JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Damn he was pushin it looks like it would carve trails as good as my side x side (honda 1000)
ps:we need a green with envy like!
So awesome to see the bronco tear it up on the trail! Speaking of side x sides, Is the Honda 1000 the talon? How do you like it compared to other brands?

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So awesome to see the bronco tear it up on the trail! Speaking of side x sides, Is the Honda 1000 the talon? How do you like it compared to other brands?
its a pioneer 1000 le,took a little getting used to the dct trans after having belt drives before,but now can do over 100kmh in the flat sections(my last machine was a rhino 700 se bored/cammed/dual exh and tuned and stock this thing kills it,and no belts to toast out ever second ride lol)

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Thank you for the video!
2. Thank you for holding the camera in landscape mode ❤
3. Great commentary and camera skills. It's almost like you've done this before
4. Ford should hire you on how to present products. Your spirit and enthusiasm really made the video come to life.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm 54 years old and it felt like I was 16 years old when riding this Bronco. I had so much fun out there and simply tried to capture what I was experiencing for the viewers. You all are gonna love, love, love this vehicle!!! -peace-

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video! Quick question, why couldn't he use the trail turn assist when he tried on the hard packed portion? Was it because he had the stability control off and needed to turn it back on to trail turn?
Good catch. I believe so. As techy as these Bronco's are, there are features that won't work if another feature is being used. I think Nipper found that out.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good catch. I believe so. As techy as these Bronco's are, there are features that won't work if another feature is being used. I think Nipper found that out.
Awesome video. Looks like you had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this Badlands Squatched on Non-Squatched?
Non-squatched Badlands.
Sponsored