Video on removing badges?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
first sorry… I suck at searching but I have looked at keep going down rabbit holes…

does anyone have video on how to remove badges and apply? I’m more interested in removal because this is my drEam V and I don’t want to F it up! Thanks !!
Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently watched the guy from Town & Country scratch the edge and peel off his badlands sticker. Easy as that. If it leaves residue, a little alcohol will fix. It seems to come off clean and several people have reapplied them elsewhere.

Roundabout

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used a plastic putty knife. Took them off easily with very little residue (which cleaned up quickly with a soft cloth and rubbing alcohol). I put one on the rear gate and saved the other one, sticking it on an old tupperware lid.
The Bronco logo on the gate took a little more effort as I was worried about streesing the hard plastic so I worked from different angles until it was safe to peel off. It was the chrome colored type, wanted gloss black. Found they are on back order everywhere and about $50 after delivery charge so off came the old one and spray painted it, removed the old tape under it, cleaned it up, new tape, done.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A warm/hot day or a hair dryer (what I used) helps remove them with less residue. The heat causes the badge to stretch a little bit, however, it makes it less likely to be reused.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A warm/hot day or a hair dryer (what I used) helps remove them with less residue. The heat causes the badge to stretch a little bit, however, it makes it less likely to be reused.
My dealer said people are removing them with poly fishing line which makes a lot of sense to me. Kind of like a big flossing.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said people are removing them with poly fishing line which makes a lot of sense to me. Kind of like a big flossing.
That's what my plan is, just have to get off my butt and do it.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. You should rarely listen to an auto dealer.

2. You don’t need finishing line or any tools at all beyond your fingernail.

3. It’s just like, I don’t know, peeling a sticker off anything else.

4. The scripts are played out already. And they look weird on a four door.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. You should rarely listen to an auto dealer.

2. You don’t need finishing line or any tools at all beyond your fingernail.

3. It’s just like, I don’t know, peeling a sticker off anything else.

4. The scripts are played out already. And they look weird on a four door.
To each his own....you do your thing.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used a plastic putty knife. It doesn't scratch and has a tapered edge so it gets right under the decal. VERY EASY and it came right off first time. Just get the edge and then pull. Super sticky still to reapply. I reapplied it right away so no idea if it will be ok if you wait. I used alcohol and cleaned any residue but there wasn't much.

I was a bit nervous but it came right off no problems. Highly recommend the plastic putty knife. Was easier than I imagined.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sticker badges and the actual hard emblems are two different animals.
Badges will peel like any vinyl would. This time of year in most of the country, a hair dryer will aid in removal.
The hard emblems, yes, fishing line sawing back and forth behind it, some rag and alcohol once you get tired of peeling the adhesive off with your fingers.
Amazon.com: 3M VHB Tape 4991, 1" x 5 yards, Gray, Double-Sided, Permanent, High Strength, Long-Term Durability : Industrial & Scientific
This is the best stuff to reapply new emblems with.
Apply it to the back of the emblem, use a razor blade to cut to shape (as carefully and safely as possible), wipe the area you are going to reapply with alcohol one last time, peel off the other layer of film, press firmly across the surface area of the emblem.

Sponsored

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually in the minority and I wanted to keep the Badlands badge. I like it but I also wanted the old school Bronco script. I just lowered my badges under the script and I'm really happy with the results. Some might not like it but I'm very happy with it.

Screenshot_20211115-091003.png

Screenshot_20211115-091111.png

Screenshot_20211115-091136.png

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually in the minority and I wanted to keep the Badlands badge. I like it but I also wanted the old school Bronco script. I just lowered my badges under the script and I'm really happy with the results. Some might not like it but I'm very happy with it.

Ford Bronco Video on removing badges? Screenshot_20211115-091136

Looks good. I've been tempted to relocate mine to that spot. Right now I have one on the tailgate above the handle equidistant to the Ford logo below. It looks.... okay. My other sticker is chilling out on my toolchest for now. It'd be nice if we could just order replacements.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks everyone! Seems crazy to me that these badges/Ford/pony are just held on by an adhesive that can easily be removed when it needs to handle extreme conditions desert to frozen tundra to rain… but I guess they have that figured out. I’ll give it a try when I get mine. I’m wanting to replace the pony, Ford, and likely the one or both badges with black/or matte black. Might spray paint and if it turns out bad order new ones in those colors.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You must be new here. Welcome to the forums! We all know what "My dealer said..." means. :ROFLMAO:

I usually use a hair dryer and fishing line when de-badging a vehicle, however with the Bronco I suspect the fishing line may not be needed; might actually make it more difficult. They look like they come off pretty cleanly with possibly a little heat. Lots of folks have re-used them as they come off pretty easily (thankfully).

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You must be new here. Welcome to the forums! We all know what "My dealer said..." means. :ROFLMAO:

I usually use a hair dryer and fishing line when de-badging a vehicle, however with the Bronco I suspect the fishing line may not be needed; might actually make it more difficult. They look like they come off pretty cleanly with possibly a little heat. Lots of folks have re-used them as they come off pretty easily (thankfully).
I wish I was new ..... LOL. 7.13.20 Res been on here a while.
Sponsored