Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without any commentary beside the map system talking, only thing I really noticed is how many people were driving slow in the left lane on that clip and getting passed on the right.....

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Without any commentary beside the map system talking, only thing I really noticed is how many people were driving slow in the left lane on that clip and getting passed on the right.....
Im sure itā€™s an issue in other places too, but this video was filmed in the Austin area and itā€™s a goddamn epidemic here.

People here are addicted to driving in the left hand lane, even if they are 5-10 under the speed limit!! Iā€™m usually the fastest sumbitch on the road (nothing crazy, 5-10 over) and I very rarely drive in the left hand lane because Iā€™m passing everyone on the right. (And donā€™t even get me started on the left lane campers anywhere on the I-35 corridor.) **rant over**

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool to see but would've been better to actually hear his thoughts on the driving experience.
I'm pretty sure there is an embargo on sharing driving characteristics. I've read that this is lifted this coming Monday so we should get some better information then. This video was a bit of a loop hole. They can film it driving but they are unable to share their thoughts at the moment.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m fairly sure the shifting could have been done a bit better. I was waiting for someone to pull out of a driveway when he was at 70mph.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im sure itā€™s an issue in other places too, but this video was filmed in the Austin area and itā€™s a goddamn epidemic here.

People here are addicted to driving in the left hand lane, even if they are 5-10 under the speed limit!! Iā€™m usually the fastest sumbitch on the road (nothing crazy, 5-10 over) and I very rarely drive in the left hand lane because Iā€™m passing everyone on the right. (And donā€™t even get me started on the left lane campers anywhere on the I-35 corridor.) **rant over**
Itā€™s everywhere. If Iā€™m traveling with my wife, I usually drive, but when she does, she does it. I told her not to do it and how rude and also embarrassing it is to do so, and she totally doesnā€™t get it. She argued that youā€™re supposed to drive in the left lane. Of course, she also thinks you canā€™t call a Bronco a truck. šŸ¤£ I gave up arguing about it.

When Iā€™m driving, she constantly gets onto me for driving in the right lane. I go 80 on interstates and use the left lane only for passing when I accelerate faster than that When Iā€™m in the right lane and people pass going 90, she thinks Iā€™m a shitty driver.

Iā€™ve given up on ā€œmansplainingā€ that you donā€™t have to be in a huge hurry and demand I speed over 80 to get to our destination if you (write it down, if necessary) plan better and leave earlier. In other words, donā€™t plan a trip departure time based on the best-case scenario ETA (light traffic, speeding); instead, leave at least a half hour or hour before that estimate. Instead, she leaves about an hour AFTER her determined already-cutting-it-close departure time, then demands we set up shop in the left lane going 90 and gets mad when the kids need to stop and piss during a 7-hour trip. šŸ˜Ž

Iā€™m an ā€œassholeā€ for mansplaining that the results she gets every time wonā€™t happen next time if she changes her methods.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I enjoyed this video. Canā€™t wait to drive my 2.3L and control my shifting, including downshifting in lieu of always braking an automatic.

Can someone explain about the fake ā€œpiped-inā€ engine noise? Is that really a thing? Iā€™ve seen it referenced here but not sure what it really is.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s everywhere. If Iā€™m traveling with my wife, I usually drive, but when she does, she does it. I told her not to do it and how rude and also embarrassing it is to do so, and she totally doesnā€™t get it. She argued that youā€™re supposed to drive in the left lane.
Everything I've always seen says stay in the right lane except when passing. I wonder where she got that from?

Ford Bronco Video: POV on-road driving in 2.3L 7-Speed Bronco 1624547173248

show her that. It's from Oregon but I'm sure every state says the same thing.
source: https://www.oregon.gov/odot/forms/dmv/37.pdf

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The acceleration at the beginning of the video in 2nd gear looked pretty darn good.
That should alleviate some fears for people concerned the 2.3 isn't strong enough for the moredoors.

Our left lane is designated the passing lane, but Asshats camp in it here as well.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I pass, I accelerate into the left lane and stomp it to go as quickly around as I can and then immediately return to the right lane, as youā€™re supposed to. But besides those who live in the left lane, there is another breed of idiot driver, usually in some tuner car, who is so impatient that before I can even IMMEDIATELY, while going like 85 or 90, merge back into the right lane safely with a few car lengths between me and the car Iā€™m passing, this impatient third guy dangerously zips to pass ME in the right lane (in front of the car Iā€™m passing) instead of waiting five seconds for me to merge right and be out of his way so he can pass me on the left. This kind of jaggoff pulls this surprise maneuver so fast that usually I almost hit his ass as I begin merging.

Guy probably has a Vin Diesel Fathead on his bedroom wall.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s everywhere. If Iā€™m traveling with my wife, I usually drive, but when she does, she does it. I told her not to do it and how rude and also embarrassing it is to do so, and she totally doesnā€™t get it. She argued that youā€™re supposed to drive in the left lane. Of course, she also thinks you canā€™t call a Bronco a truck. šŸ¤£ I gave up arguing about it.

When Iā€™m driving, she constantly gets onto me for driving in the right lane. I go 80 on interstates and use the left lane only for passing when I accelerate faster than that When Iā€™m in the right lane and people pass going 90, she thinks Iā€™m a shitty driver.

Iā€™ve given up on ā€œmansplainingā€ that you donā€™t have to be in a huge hurry and demand I speed over 80 to get to our destination if you (write it down, if necessary) plan better and leave earlier. In other words, donā€™t plan a trip departure time based on the best-case scenario ETA (light traffic, speeding); instead, leave at least a half hour or hour before that estimate. Instead, she leaves about an hour AFTER her determined already-cutting-it-close departure time, then demands we set up shop in the left lane going 90 and gets mad when the kids need to stop and piss during a 7-hour trip. šŸ˜Ž

Iā€™m an ā€œassholeā€ for mansplaining that the results she gets every time wonā€™t happen next time if she changes her methods.
Its also a safety thing........I'll be out here in the remote areas with little traffic in my truck and if you're sitting in the left lane, maybe because you passed a semi, and don't get back over when you see some hot rod coming up behind you at 90mph plus, they will pass on your right and swerve back in front of you to emphasize the point.......it is unnerving for some drivers because you're not always expecting high speed passing on your right side........especially if they are lost in the scenery and weren't aware enough to move to the right in the first place when someone was coming up behind quick in the rear view
Sponsored