Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has there been confirmation on whether Bronco uses the cheesy fake engine noise to the speakers? It sure sounds like they piped in the thrum of a boxer engine.
I enjoyed this video. Canā€™t wait to drive my 2.3L and control my shifting, including downshifting in lieu of always braking an automatic.

Can someone explain about the fake ā€œpiped-inā€ engine noise? Is that really a thing? Iā€™ve seen it referenced here but not sure what it really is.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's on the full size Bronco. Ford pipes in the fake noise when my Bronco Sport is in "Sport" mode.

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like how he took the 25 mph curve at 35. This is winding back roads near Austin, TX. The multi-lane roads he is on are not freeways, so the left lane driving thing is not so applicable due to vehicles turning both ways on and off. 105 degrees at 3:47 pm, this was shot very recently.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
obvious poor handling and under powered
I just want to say. This is a utility vehicle made to run nicely off-road. I noticed the handling characteristics also. Iā€™m sure it will be better then my jeep and do not expect it to drive like any car. The power looks to be fine if he drove to the lower limits of this vehicle.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Felt like he was takin his driver's test minus 70 mph on on a backroad.. 2 and 10 hand position, two hands on the wheel, and never down shifted when coming to a stop. But I'm just playing, cool video thanks for posting.

Sponsored

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Without any commentary beside the map system talking, only thing I really noticed is how many people were driving slow in the left lane on that clip and getting passed on the right.....
Im sure itā€™s an issue in other places too, but this video was filmed in the Austin area and itā€™s a goddamn epidemic here.

People here are addicted to driving in the left hand lane, even if they are 5-10 under the speed limit!! Iā€™m usually the fastest sumbitch on the road (nothing crazy, 5-10 over) and I very rarely drive in the left hand lane because Iā€™m passing everyone on the right. (And donā€™t even get me started on the left lane campers anywhere on the I-35 corridor.) **rant over**
Everything I've always seen says stay in the right lane except when passing. I wonder where she got that from?

show her that. It's from Oregon but I'm sure every state says the same thing.
source: https://www.oregon.gov/odot/forms/dmv/37.pdf
This is all for only freeways and interstates. When you have left turns and traffic lights, it's okay to go slow or at the speed limit in the left lane. In this video, they are not on a interstate. Sure if the break between the lights is 5 miles, slow traffic should keep on the right, but if the traffic lights are every half mile to a mile, use left lane if turning left in a mile or 2 at what ever speed

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the steering wheel really small for the turning radius? I saw it in person and it looked normal to me. When he is driving, it looks like he had to turn the wheel a lot more than I do in my truck.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure there is an embargo on sharing driving characteristics. I've read that this is lifted this coming Monday so we should get some better information then. This video was a bit of a loop hole. They can film it driving but they are unable to share their thoughts at the moment.

How can you embargo a private citizen? ā€œ Thank you for your 60 Grand. Remember, donā€™t talk about it to your friends.ā€

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Felt like he was takin his driver's test minus 70 mph on on a backroad.. 2 and 10 hand position, two hands on the wheel
Unless I'm on the freeway, my right hand hardly ever leaves the stick. Definately thought it was an odd way to drive.

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I have to pass you on the right, you are getting a douche from my rear window washer which has been turned to point backwards.

Left lane is for passing or turning, slower traffic keep to the right.

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love this! I can't wait for my Big Bend 7spd. Nothing better than feeling in total control of the vehicle with a manual!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So glad nobody is talking. I hate hearing drivers rambling on about unnoticeable nuances. More of this please!
Sponsored