First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any insurance adjuster sees this gap and they’re gonna have some questions. Not saying it’s open just looks like it
2DAEE621-32BA-49DB-B65A-CFBDC7A987F1.jpeg
I also thought that the window was cracked because if the door isn't shut tight the windows will not go all of the way up. In a close up though it looks like it is closed, just don't think the snow is sticking to the rubber seal as much so that it looks open.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Morning after update: the towels worked - no more snow got in. I didn’t post this to slam the Bronco or the soft top I still love both…. I hope there is an easy tweak or improvement Ford (preferably) or a 3rd party can make to decrease the soft top vulnerability to crosswinds. More tension? Improved weather stripping? Ford branded towels?
Can you double check to clips? Undo the front clips over the visor and fold the roof back. After it's in position #1 can you lift up the middle hinge without pushing down on the grey clip over the back doors?
Ford Bronco Video: Snow intrusion into my soft top Bronco interior during blizzard ❄️💨 PXL_20211221_202121605

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are you? That weather looks just like what we had in Edmonton yesterday morning.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm done with the why is my top not withstanding blizzard/storm/hurricane conditions post. it's a soft top! I know the vast majority of us got made the decision to go soft top because of the MIC issues, but come on. Wind can rip a roof off a house, why is it surprising that a lesser wind can compromise your soft top.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Problem is obvious.

Windspeed in KPH

Rain in ML

Snowfall in CM

Bacon is Ham

That’s Metric Snow and your Bronco top is built to Standard SAE Specifications by Ford

You wouldn’t have that problem in the U.P. or Wisconsin and Minnesota

That’s Standard Snow in America.

Blame Canada and your love of the Metric System

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Trying to do this from mobile, any recourse from ford or the dealer do you think? We all questioned the other gentleman who posted his bronco full of snow so I figured I’d get video evidence! Mines getting hit with a 90km crosswind in a blizzard and you can see the soft top isn’t doing much to keep it out!!! Going to go move it to see if I can limit its exposure to the wind…. Anyone have any ideas?
I was thinking the same thing. We may have misjudged the guy.

I hope Ford, and the dealer come up with a fix for this. I know the winds were high, but dayum.........

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s a convertible….. in a 50mph crosswind. Come on people. What do you expect?
I understand what you're saying Carl. But I can drive the wife's Mustang at 60 mph in a blowing rain, and it doesn't leak. Of course comparing the 2 tops are like apples, and oranges. But, even with that much material on the top of the Bronco it should seal better around the edges IMHO. I've owned convertibles for years, and they are light years ahead of the ones in the past. I just hope Ford can figure this out, because I dropped the MIC for a soft top hoping to get a sooner build date.

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Park with the nose of the bronco aiming into the wind, would be my suggestion. The front where the latches are has to be the most secure spot?
Uhh, the winds can change...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

True, I've been on the JL Wrangler forum since 2018, and have never seen a complaint like this. Also, I've had my hard top JL since 2019, and have never had a rattle, squeak, or leaks anywhere. One would think that Ford would have at least took at the Jeep soft top for some clues on how to design the top on the Bronco.

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any insurance adjuster sees this gap and they’re gonna have some questions. Not saying it’s open just looks like it
Ford Bronco Video: Snow intrusion into my soft top Bronco interior during blizzard ❄️💨 PXL_20211221_202121605
I thought it was open until I went frame by frame, you can see the window drop as expected when OP opens the door, it was shut properly.

Are there more than 2 videos of this happening to soft tops? I can't tell if the top is lifting or if snow is coming through in between the weather stripping joints/cracks...or both.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Moisture will find a way through anything. A soft top has no chance against a blizzard. The vehicle should have been sheltered from the elements. That would be like me in a hurricane with a soft top. Why? Next up. Testing my Bronco in a California Wild Fire.......Stay Tuned.

Last edited:

DapperDeeds

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mosture will find a way through anything. A soft top has no chance against a blizzard. The vehicle shoulsd have been sheltered from the elements. That would be like me in a hurricane with a soft top. Why? Next up. Testing my Bronco in a California Wild Fire.......Stay Tuned.
Pics or it didn't happen!

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is NOT surprising at all. Hardly weatherproof AT ALL! It does not matter if the top has been down previously or not.

The sides of the Soft Top DO NOT clamp down or seal. You can actually go up to any Soft Top Bronco and sick you hand and your arm inside the side of the truck between the Top and the "Roll Cage" frame. I have demonstrated this at my dealership and they were pretty shocked. They had No idea.

I have had a Jeep Wrangler before and did not have ANY issues with the Soft Top and Weather.
Sponsored