First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've owned 4 blazers, including 2 first gens, so I get the hate. It'd be like Ford renaming a 4 door sedan a mustang.
Or worse, imagine if they named an electric crossover a Mustang.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco is a off road monster and the Blazer is just a shrunken Traverse

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Gotta admit that first Blazer is a good looking truck and the price of nice examples is blowing up
My cousin has a 73 K5, that thing is a beauty. He is not happy about what Chevy did with the new one, and I rub it in every chance I get.

Sponsored

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Forget about the Blazer, the only gm capabile offroad available now is Colorado ZR2 and it looks really appealing with price around 42k (baby raptor)
I'm patiently waiting for build and price, ford better deliver on time next year and not 2022 or...
Tried of waiting, I need to know the price :mad:

Buckin’Around

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz ML63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drove a Blazer RS and while it’s not an off-road capable SUV it’s still a very nice vehicle.

Nomadin

Base
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
I told my friend that I reserved a Bronco and he said "why? oh I guess you did have a Jeep once. I want a Blazer". Different strokes...

For me they aren't even competitors. The Bronco is the first vehicle in the US in many years that actually competes with the Wrangler. A rugged, multipurpose, go anywhere vehicle that is also a convertible. 2021 can't come fast enough (for so many reasons, but the Bronco is definitely a highlight)!

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Blazer would have done better if the team wasn't stupid and called it something else. The mere fact that it's nothing like the old Blazer is exactly why it gets hate. Because they put a name on something that it doesn't represent. It's one of the best looking vehicles in it's segment but it's just not a Blazer.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I looked at the new Blazer at the Philly Auto Show a few years ago. For what it is it isn't bad on the outside. I just found the interior to be very bland and rent-a-car like.

PG1o1

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I own a '77 K5. Sickens me what they've done with the Blazers. BTW, I'm considering getting a Badlands and then duplicating this look. I think it'd be cool to have a K5 and Bronco with the same sorta look. Thoughts?
Ford Bronco Video: Why The New Bronco Works And The New Blazer Doesn't t-m151-a1-a2-gel-ndewagen-pickup-morlock-motors_02
While I am more of a Ford guy, Ill say do it. I really am a all cars/trucks person. Old SUV's are the coolest in my book along with the step sides from the late 70's to mid 80's. If I had the garage space, I'd have and 86 Bronco, 72 Blazer, 77 Ramcharger, 75ish Scout II, and a 69 Nissan Patrol lined up! All topless cape and reminiscent of the era when rugged and simple was the point.
Get it on with your Duo! Enjoy that classic with the fruits of modern SUV Lux when momma wants AC and Bluetooth. Thats what Im doing.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree but nobody takes on Jeep and really succeeds so I’m sure internally they asked what would be the most popular. The RS is pretty sweet as it’s the same engine from the V6 Camaro (335HP I think) and is fully loaded. They’re pretty pricy though.
I think the RS has the same engine as the normal V6. 308HP. It would be cool if it did come with a hot six in it.
Sponsored