dividebytube

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang V6, 2008 Infiniti M35x
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dad, who used to live out in the sticks, had a 1988 Jimmy and a 2000-something Trailblazer. We drove those cars pretty hard, up into the woods, up steep leaf-strewn hills, through old logging trails, etc to haul an old trailer filled to the top with freshly cut wood. I don't think the new Blazer could take anything like the punishment we dished out.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some great history on the SUV genre
What I learned was the Chevy Blazer has actually been on sale for a couple of years. I truly had no idea. Until people started talking about how Chevy blew it with the Blazer, I didn't even know it was back. Seems like Chevy figured they'd just start putting it on dealer lots and let people accidentally discover it while they were there thinking they were going to buy a different vehicle. :D

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems that way.

The Bronco and Blazer now have less in common than a Mustang vs Charger comparison.
Makes you start to wonder if Chevy and Dodge got tired of getting their butts kicked in comparisons. "Fine, we'll just make something different that they can't compare to the Ford." :LOL:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I watched Ben Shapiro videos. Nothing I wrote even has anything to do with the name. Chevrolet could have called it the 2020 Lost Hope and it would still be an abomination.
It would - but would you care?
In any case, Chevy screwed itself to use the Blazer name on a lame crossover and will have to come up with something new.
Hey, we love giving everything a "Pro" moniker - maybe the Blazer Ultimate Pro for the Wrangler/Bronco competitor? :LOL:

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I own a 2003 Trailblazer 4X4 (true 4x4, low/high transfer case and a 3.73 G80 rear locker). I have 298k on it and going strong. It is a frame on body truck that can really tow, and despite fairly low ground clearance can 4x4. I also own a Duramax 4x4 truck. With this experience I can say Chevy may be selling these 'new" blazers but they are cars not SUVs. They are unibody cars with tall roofs. On top of that,. the new Trailblazers top engine is a 1.3 turbo dog motor. My Trailblazer has a I-6, DOHC, all aluminum VVT engine that makes 285 HP and as much torque. Chevy ruined the Trailblazer name they should have called it something else. JMO.

Sponsored

bennmustang

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi, 1964 CUTLASS 461
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree but nobody takes on Jeep and really succeeds so I’m sure internally they asked what would be the most popular. The RS is pretty sweet as it’s the same engine from the V6 Camaro (335HP I think) and is fully loaded. They’re pretty pricy though.
I mean the Bronco did, and sold more then any jeep (wrangler) at the time the Bronco was being produced... so there's that.. Im glad Ford brought back the Bronco in its current form. With how posh our society currently is, it will have no problem out selling wrangler again and continue to do so. As long as Ford can keep up on the changing wants of the general public. Ford seeing how everyone is buying SUVs and Pickups they stopped their car production. Lastly, Fuel economy Killed the Bronco..... If it had been offered still today, I would have bought that over My Hemi WK2..

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw a new Blazer for the first time a couple days ago. It's a decent looking vehicle, but it's definitely more targeted at the Highlander/RAV4 than it is any off-road market. I get why fans of the older Blazer and Trailblazer are disappointed.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was a great video, very well presented. Definitely worth a watch! My wife is so annoyed by my Bronco and off road craze right now but even she got sucked into the video w/ me.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GM is dumping all their money into the upcoming Hummer as its halo off roader. The Blazer was just a cool name to cash in on the crossover craze. Maybe they'll follow Toyota and at least make an "adventure" trim for the Blazer. I would say they need to move the Trailblazer to compete with the Bronco Sport, but I think that would move it too up market. They have to keep that as their entry model.
Videos
Ford Bronco Video: Why The New Bronco Works And The New Blazer Doesn't 1600468079537

PREVIEW
14:41

2020 GMC HUMMER EV Truck: 1000HP, Superbowl Reveal ...

CarFeed
YouTube - Jan 30, 2020
Ford Bronco Video: Why The New Bronco Works And The New Blazer Doesn't 1600468079562

PREVIEW
9:07

Breaking News: The GMC Hummer EV Could Be The World's ...

TFLnow
YouTube - Jul 29, 2020
Ford Bronco Video: Why The New Bronco Works And The New Blazer Doesn't 1600468079584

PREVIEW
1:03

First Ever GMC HUMMER EV | “Quiet Revolutionaries” | GMC

GMC
YouTube - Jul 29, 2020

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model