Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reviews of the 2.3L really make me want to pull the trigger on the BL with manual. My only concern is having enough low end torque to push 37s in the future. The ability to lock the rear and unlock the front alleviates the loss of trail turn assist. I don’t care about descent control, but one-pedal driving would be nice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe MT and 2.3L helps me spring for high... or Lux. But really I’d only want lux for heated steering wheel and B&O sound.... which I expect will be underwhelming anyway.
Would the manual transmission help or hurt resale value? More people drive the auto, but some true enthusiasts demand a manual.
I’m a little concerned that so many people think the 4-dr just doesn’t look right without Sasquatch. I was hoping the more opened up tread on Goodyear’s optional MT tire would offset that a bit. Wouldn’t be getting 37s for a couple years, if at all.
I know that’s a lot, but I need to hurry up and convert to an order on my day 1 reservation. I guess MT and 2.3L will help get it to me faster?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reviews of the 2.3L really make me want to pull the trigger on the BL with manual. My only concern is having enough low end torque to push 37s in the future. The ability to lock the rear and unlock the front alleviates the loss of trail turn assist. I don’t care about descent control, but one-pedal driving would be nice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe MT and 2.3L helps me spring for high... or Lux. But really I’d only want lux for heated steering wheel and B&O sound.... which I expect will be underwhelming anyway.
Would the manual transmission help or hurt resale value? More people drive the auto, but some true enthusiasts demand a manual.
I’m a little concerned that so many people think the 4-dr just doesn’t look right without Sasquatch. I was hoping the more opened up tread on Goodyear’s optional MT tire would offset that a bit. Wouldn’t be getting 37s for a couple years, if at all.
I know that’s a lot, but I need to hurry up and convert to an order on my day 1 reservation. I guess MT and 2.3L will help get it to me faster?
There’s always a tune from Ford for the 2.3 to up the hp and torque. Don’t have enough off roading experience to see how 2.3 May impact the 37’s but just judging from many jeeps putting 37’s, the Jeep v6 is 285hp, 260lbft of torque. The bronco 2.3 is 270, 300lbft so already base you’re at a higher torque output.
But I’d be interested to see what others with more exp off road say.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I posted this somewhere recently,

The 4.0L inline 6 engine in the TJ version of the wrangler was 180ishHP and 220ishTQ
The 2.3L is 90HP more and 80TQ more.

Offroad with a 97:1 crawl ratio, it will be a beast even with 37's
On the street it will be more than enough, unless you are trying to race ricers.

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this somewhere recently,

The 4.0L inline 6 engine in the TJ version of the wrangler was 180ishHP and 220ishTQ
The 2.3L is 90HP more and 80TQ more.

Offroad with a 97:1 crawl ratio, it will be a beast even with 37's
On the street it will be more than enough, unless you are trying to race ricers.
Thank you. And at this point in my life, I’d rather something that doesn’t encourage speeding tickets and extra gas guzzling. What I will say... in addition to performance... I am a sucker for a good engine note and a little umph putting your back into the seat. I don’t expect much of either with the 2.3, but hoping the 4-banger will hum and be exciting enough.

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am glad you wrote this up! This is the configuration I ordered... two door. I think the 2.3 is going to seem like a rocket engine compared to the 130 horsepower 4.0 ho in my 1987 wrangler / cj frankenjeep.

Last edited:

B Spence

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Raptor SVT 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for a great story and pictures etc. It keeps me motivated on the winter days - while my Raptor has been great in the snow this past week, I am looking forward to the new Bronco.
Sponsored