Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who ordered 7MT BL, I have been been looking for this. Thank you very much. Very helpful.
You're very welcome! I know how fortunate some of us have been to get this opportunity so I'm very happy you found this helpful. I think its safe to say you will not be disappointed :)
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome write up! Thank you!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome. Sounds like you had a great time and a good eye on the details. I noticed in one of your pics there was a full size 90s Bronco behind 2 of the Broncos. Any chance you eye balled the 2 new ones against it for size comparison?

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up SD_Bronco, hope we can get together sometime after we get our Broncos and head out I-8 to Ocotillo and tear up some desert together šŸ˜‰

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My KOH experience with Broncoā€™s. I would like first give my sincere thanks to: Midnight blue and the larger B6G community for the info on where to go and what the sign in process was like, My buddy Shawn who drove us there in his Jeep Rubicon, and my fiancĆ©e who puts up with me and gets genuinely excited from my nerdiness over the Bronco.

We woke up at 4:15am, started our journey in a White Jeep Rubicon
Ford Bronco [+ Videos] My KOH Write-Up: Manual Bronco Badlands, non Sasquatch experience explode head
to Johnson Valley from the greatest city in the history of mankind; San Diego. Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it ā€œSahn Di-Ah-goā€ which of course in German means a whaleā€™s Vagina.
Ford Bronco [+ Videos] My KOH Write-Up: Manual Bronco Badlands, non Sasquatch experience explode head

I wish Ford provided more information, rather clear information on where to go and how to sign up for the rides. Iā€™ve never been to KOH so it was all a scramble to get there and find the line. On the flip side maybe thatā€™s why more people werenā€™t there. We got there at 8:15am and basically tried looking for the Cyber orange Bronco on the raised turning platform.

Then by complete accident walked into gate 2 and I came face to face with the mother load! 4 Broncos lined up next to each other.
Later I realized and my fiancƩe confirmed, it was at this time I had lost all resemblance of a grown ass man and had turned into a the happiest little boy on Christmas morning:
It was surreal, no one was around and I was alone with 4 stunning examples of a truck that Iā€™ve only seen in pictures ; and pretty confident Iā€™ve seen all the videos that exist thus far. There was a first edition, Manual Badlands with 33ā€ tires, and 2 Auto badlands with the optional 33ā€™s. We ended up talking to the drivers who were super cool and excited to drive the Broncos all day. Then signed up and got our time slots.

Before I give you my impression of the Bronco, a little about me; I have very little experience off-roading. But I am not new to motorsports.
I am an engineer and have been a gear head my whole life. The Bronco has got me excited for off road adventures and also helps that my woman loves camping and backpacking trips.

Bronco impressions:

Engineering:
The engineer in me truly appreciates the work and dedication Ford engineers put into this thing. You can tell the difference when something was engineered by a 9-5 guy and something that was engineering by a passionate engineer who poured loved into it. And this has a lot of passion. The rolling chassis gave me a great look at the frame, drive shaftā€™s, skid plates, suspension links, etc and this thing is BEEFY! I also spoke to the drivers and others there that were involved with the development and even though theyā€™ve been there for 14 days, they were all super excited to talk to me about the Bronco. They met my excitement with excitement and I love it.

Bronco Config: We got a ride in a base badlands, manual transmission, 2.3L 4 Cyl, 33 in tires, Tire pressure ~30 PSI all around.

• Engine: We started out slow cause of traffic, and then once we were in the clear, the driver gunned it. The 2.3L was Freakin impressive! I now believe that the 4Cyl is more than enough for any capability and will not leave you lacking. You will be able to over take people on the highway easily. I did not leave wanting for more power. So anyone getting the 4Cyl, itā€™s a good choice. Oh and not to mention, we had 4 adult passengers in it.
  • Manual Transmission: This thing is smooth. Not like my buddyā€™s manual Tacoma where there are long throws, and its jerky, makes noise and goes slow. Bronco was smooooth, short throws, it was closer to a sports car in the way it behaved and felt while riding. We also had a baja champion driving us so that definitely has to do with the smoothness but the truck deserves credit here too. The crawler gear LMFAO, that thing is insane. You let out the clutch and it rolls at 1mph, max of 5 or 6. So you aint going anywhere fast but holy hell you have all that torque to climb Jupiter as far as Iā€™m concerned, Somebody call NASA!
  • GOAT Modes: The goat modes are not a gimmick. They seemed to have gathered a lot of nerds and analyzed a ton of tps reports cause the goat modes work, they work really well. We were in deep sand, about to climb a sandy hill. There were people all around us in jeeps, Tacomaā€™s, and purpose built desert runners with 40ā€+ tires doing a running start to the hill. We came to, the driver stopped, let the others go, put it in first, and punched it. He was beating that sand hill into submission. I couldnā€™t believe how fast we were going up. And as we were going up, to my right there was a old classic Bronco that was stuck in the sand and they were trying to get it out. It had giant tires on it probably 45/50ā€. And then there was this Bronco with 4 passengers just humming along. When we got to the top, people stopped by to talk to us and told us how awesome it looked as the Bronco was climbing the hill and that they barely made it with their super lifted trucks.
  • The goat modes remind me of what Nissan GTR did for track days when it was first introduced. It made novice racers look like Pros. I feel like the Bronco will make novice off roaders feel like Pros.
  • Suspension: Since this was a badlands, it had the HOSS suspension with Bilstein shocks. I cannot articulate this enough to do the experience justice, we were going 60 off road and it was smooth. Like I didnā€™t need ā€œoh shitā€ handles smooth. The suspension for me really makes this thing so much better than the other options. I know this because we did a similar terrain with my buddies Rubicon and we were thrown around going 30. Having ridden to this even in a Jeep for several hours really put things in perspective for me, and sadly made my friend who just purchased the Jeep extremely jealous.
  • MGV Seats and Passenger comfort: The seats are very comfortable. MGV isnā€™t like anything I can compare to in automotive terms. You really just need to feel it in person. Its not like leather, not like cloth, kinda like soft durable swimming short material. The rear passengers were comfortable, and had plenty of space. Which bring me to another thing, this thing is a lot more roomy than a Jeep. The seats front and rear were comfortable and I feel like Iā€™m not gonna have any issues going long distances.
  • Trunk: Yea, its big. Lots of space, sorry I forgot my tape measure at home and realized it when I got to KOH.
  • Favorite Feature: There are many, but the two that really impressed me was the suspension and sway bar disconnect. We got a demo with the truckā€™s right rear wheel in the air and you press a button and bam! All is right with the world. Later that day we drove my buddies Jeep on a off road trail with the sway bar connected and then disconnected. I highly recommend the sway bar disconnect for people that will be off-roading this thing. Not only is it more capable, but I found that it was also more comfortable and didnā€™t make the cabin move a whole lot
  • Vehicle dimensions: It is bigger than youā€™d think. In person I was pleasantly surprised by the presence it had. I think someone in the forum mentioned that the 2 door has perfect proportions and the 4 door looks stretched, and I would agree. But I think it is a compromise I am very happy to take. As a daily driver thereā€™s a lot more room, and itā€™s super capable so I feel that this was a good balance here. And itā€™s not crazy stretched but you can tell.
  • Tire size: At the end I spoke to the driver since we are getting the sasquatch package and he mentioned that compared to the 33ā€™s the 35ā€™s will be smoother off road and better over rocks. It will eat up the bumps and that makes sense since thereā€™s more tire and wider patch.
  • Build Quality: It was good, better than I expected. There was a lot of plastic but that was expected, it needs to be rugged. Fit and finish on this model looked good, nothing I could really complain about. Made me think of the fine folks in Michigan building these babies! Thank you for building it with pride and so awesome that itā€™s built in the USA! So thank you Stig, Ashley(618TRVLWILD), and all others.
  • Overall: I put in an order in with Albert at Granger on Wednesday. I have never before ordered a vehicle sight unseen. Not only that but there were no automotive journalist reviews or anything. Having experienced this ride, I am beyond happy to spend 60K on this thing and canā€™t wait for it. GET EXCITED PEOPLE THIS THING IS GOOOOOOOD
Drove the Bronco Sport: This little thing was a lot of fun. It was way more capable than I thought it would be. I think it rightly deserves to be called the baby Bronco. Handled Sand really well, dirt road and rocks well, really capable little guy!

Some more pictures from our trip!

Great write up. Helped me to prioritize the options.... How easy was it climbing into the vehicle. My wife is 5'3" and wondering if steps would be better than rock rails?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My KOH experience with Broncoā€™s. I would like first give my sincere thanks to: Midnight blue and the larger B6G community for the info on where to go and what the sign in process was like, My buddy Shawn who drove us there in his Jeep Rubicon, and my fiancĆ©e who puts up with me and gets genuinely excited from my nerdiness over the Bronco.

We woke up at 4:15am, started our journey in a White Jeep Rubicon
to Johnson Valley from the greatest city in the history of mankind; San Diego. Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it ā€œSahn Di-Ah-goā€ which of course in German means a whaleā€™s Vagina.

I wish Ford provided more information, rather clear information on where to go and how to sign up for the rides. Iā€™ve never been to KOH so it was all a scramble to get there and find the line. On the flip side maybe thatā€™s why more people werenā€™t there. We got there at 8:15am and basically tried looking for the Cyber orange Bronco on the raised turning platform.

Then by complete accident walked into gate 2 and I came face to face with the mother load! 4 Broncos lined up next to each other.
Later I realized and my fiancƩe confirmed, it was at this time I had lost all resemblance of a grown ass man and had turned into a the happiest little boy on Christmas morning:
It was surreal, no one was around and I was alone with 4 stunning examples of a truck that Iā€™ve only seen in pictures ; and pretty confident Iā€™ve seen all the videos that exist thus far. There was a first edition, Manual Badlands with 33ā€ tires, and 2 Auto badlands with the optional 33ā€™s. We ended up talking to the drivers who were super cool and excited to drive the Broncos all day. Then signed up and got our time slots.

Before I give you my impression of the Bronco, a little about me; I have very little experience off-roading. But I am not new to motorsports.
I am an engineer and have been a gear head my whole life. The Bronco has got me excited for off road adventures and also helps that my woman loves camping and backpacking trips.

Bronco impressions:

Engineering:
The engineer in me truly appreciates the work and dedication Ford engineers put into this thing. You can tell the difference when something was engineered by a 9-5 guy and something that was engineering by a passionate engineer who poured loved into it. And this has a lot of passion. The rolling chassis gave me a great look at the frame, drive shaftā€™s, skid plates, suspension links, etc and this thing is BEEFY! I also spoke to the drivers and others there that were involved with the development and even though theyā€™ve been there for 14 days, they were all super excited to talk to me about the Bronco. They met my excitement with excitement and I love it.

Bronco Config: We got a ride in a base badlands, manual transmission, 2.3L 4 Cyl, 33 in tires, Tire pressure ~30 PSI all around.

• Engine: We started out slow cause of traffic, and then once we were in the clear, the driver gunned it. The 2.3L was Freakin impressive! I now believe that the 4Cyl is more than enough for any capability and will not leave you lacking. You will be able to over take people on the highway easily. I did not leave wanting for more power. So anyone getting the 4Cyl, itā€™s a good choice. Oh and not to mention, we had 4 adult passengers in it.
  • Manual Transmission: This thing is smooth. Not like my buddyā€™s manual Tacoma where there are long throws, and its jerky, makes noise and goes slow. Bronco was smooooth, short throws, it was closer to a sports car in the way it behaved and felt while riding. We also had a baja champion driving us so that definitely has to do with the smoothness but the truck deserves credit here too. The crawler gear LMFAO, that thing is insane. You let out the clutch and it rolls at 1mph, max of 5 or 6. So you aint going anywhere fast but holy hell you have all that torque to climb Jupiter as far as Iā€™m concerned, Somebody call NASA!
  • GOAT Modes: The goat modes are not a gimmick. They seemed to have gathered a lot of nerds and analyzed a ton of tps reports cause the goat modes work, they work really well. We were in deep sand, about to climb a sandy hill. There were people all around us in jeeps, Tacomaā€™s, and purpose built desert runners with 40ā€+ tires doing a running start to the hill. We came to, the driver stopped, let the others go, put it in first, and punched it. He was beating that sand hill into submission. I couldnā€™t believe how fast we were going up. And as we were going up, to my right there was a old classic Bronco that was stuck in the sand and they were trying to get it out. It had giant tires on it probably 45/50ā€. And then there was this Bronco with 4 passengers just humming along. When we got to the top, people stopped by to talk to us and told us how awesome it looked as the Bronco was climbing the hill and that they barely made it with their super lifted trucks.
  • The goat modes remind me of what Nissan GTR did for track days when it was first introduced. It made novice racers look like Pros. I feel like the Bronco will make novice off roaders feel like Pros.
  • Suspension: Since this was a badlands, it had the HOSS suspension with Bilstein shocks. I cannot articulate this enough to do the experience justice, we were going 60 off road and it was smooth. Like I didnā€™t need ā€œoh shitā€ handles smooth. The suspension for me really makes this thing so much better than the other options. I know this because we did a similar terrain with my buddies Rubicon and we were thrown around going 30. Having ridden to this even in a Jeep for several hours really put things in perspective for me, and sadly made my friend who just purchased the Jeep extremely jealous.
  • MGV Seats and Passenger comfort: The seats are very comfortable. MGV isnā€™t like anything I can compare to in automotive terms. You really just need to feel it in person. Its not like leather, not like cloth, kinda like soft durable swimming short material. The rear passengers were comfortable, and had plenty of space. Which bring me to another thing, this thing is a lot more roomy than a Jeep. The seats front and rear were comfortable and I feel like Iā€™m not gonna have any issues going long distances.
  • Trunk: Yea, its big. Lots of space, sorry I forgot my tape measure at home and realized it when I got to KOH.
  • Favorite Feature: There are many, but the two that really impressed me was the suspension and sway bar disconnect. We got a demo with the truckā€™s right rear wheel in the air and you press a button and bam! All is right with the world. Later that day we drove my buddies Jeep on a off road trail with the sway bar connected and then disconnected. I highly recommend the sway bar disconnect for people that will be off-roading this thing. Not only is it more capable, but I found that it was also more comfortable and didnā€™t make the cabin move a whole lot
  • Vehicle dimensions: It is bigger than youā€™d think. In person I was pleasantly surprised by the presence it had. I think someone in the forum mentioned that the 2 door has perfect proportions and the 4 door looks stretched, and I would agree. But I think it is a compromise I am very happy to take. As a daily driver thereā€™s a lot more room, and itā€™s super capable so I feel that this was a good balance here. And itā€™s not crazy stretched but you can tell.
  • Tire size: At the end I spoke to the driver since we are getting the sasquatch package and he mentioned that compared to the 33ā€™s the 35ā€™s will be smoother off road and better over rocks. It will eat up the bumps and that makes sense since thereā€™s more tire and wider patch.
  • Build Quality: It was good, better than I expected. There was a lot of plastic but that was expected, it needs to be rugged. Fit and finish on this model looked good, nothing I could really complain about. Made me think of the fine folks in Michigan building these babies! Thank you for building it with pride and so awesome that itā€™s built in the USA! So thank you Stig, Ashley(618TRVLWILD), and all others.
  • Overall: I put in an order in with Albert at Granger on Wednesday. I have never before ordered a vehicle sight unseen. Not only that but there were no automotive journalist reviews or anything. Having experienced this ride, I am beyond happy to spend 60K on this thing and canā€™t wait for it. GET EXCITED PEOPLE THIS THING IS GOOOOOOOD
Drove the Bronco Sport: This little thing was a lot of fun. It was way more capable than I thought it would be. I think it rightly deserves to be called the baby Bronco. Handled Sand really well, dirt road and rocks well, really capable little guy!

Some more pictures from our trip!

Great review (you even included Anchor Man and TPS Reports) and pictures.
All of the KOH pics, videos, and feedback from the B6G faithful are the best info and advertising Ford could ever get.
I miss SD, especially the food. We used to live in Tierrasanta and Scripps Ranch.
Have fun with your Bronco when it arrives.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done and thanks for your report!

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the excitement my man! Itā€™s got me excited and Iā€™m no where near Bronco!

Question if you donā€™t mind me asking brother...whatā€™s your ethnicity? Iā€™m Indian! Itā€™s just nice seeing POC out here haha!

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4 door didn't seem as stretched in person with the 35s and I personally feel it needs Sasquatch to look right because the body panels are so large it just seems to eat up smaller tires. The 2 door is fine with 33s but honestly that's the smallest I would go. We never planned to drop the extra money on Sasquatch for our 4 door BD until we actually saw the overland concept in person. We would have never been happy with the 32s or whatever is standard on BD.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Engineer write up!

Awesome write up - just what I needed!

Question: having been in the Jeep and Bronco on the same day, what was your impression cabin space wise?

As for four door vs two door: I donā€™t know anyone with a four door wrangler regretting not having a two door. Youā€™ll be happy with your choice: especially the utility of it.

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Excellent write up. Thanks for all the details!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!