Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To echo the other comments.. awesome write up. I presume the perception of interior space compared to a Wrangler is largely down to additional width, given how wider the Bronco is in comparison. Did you get a feel for rear legroom compared to the JLUR?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up SD_Bronco, hope we can get together sometime after we get our Broncos and head out I-8 to Ocotillo and tear up some desert together šŸ˜‰
Absolutely Norm! I just need to take Delivery! haha since i am picking it up from Granger, I am also looking forward to that drive back and maybe can do little meet ups with fellow Bronco folks on the way back

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up. Helped me to prioritize the options.... How easy was it climbing into the vehicle. My wife is 5'3" and wondering if steps would be better than rock rails?
I am 5' 10" and it was easy for me. My FiancƩe is 5'4"; I literally just asked her and she didn't notice any difficulties getting in. Although if you are going sasquatch, maybe steps would be good. But from our experience on the Badlands, 33" tires it seemed to be pretty easy. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the excitement my man! Itā€™s got me excited and Iā€™m no where near Bronco!

Question if you donā€™t mind me asking brother...whatā€™s your ethnicity? Iā€™m Indian! Itā€™s just nice seeing POC out here haha!
Hey Bud, I am of Indian ethnicity as well! I was born there but grew up in the states. Glad you're stoked for the new Bronco. It really is an awesome truck. Cheers!

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4 door didn't seem as stretched in person with the 35s and I personally feel it needs Sasquatch to look right because the body panels are so large it just seems to eat up smaller tires. The 2 door is fine with 33s but honestly that's the smallest I would go. We never planned to drop the extra money on Sasquatch for our 4 door BD until we actually saw the overland concept in person. We would have never been happy with the 32s or whatever is standard on BD.
Yea i would agree. The sasquatch definitely helps the 4 door in the looks department. The added height and presence cancels out the "stretchiness"

Sponsored
OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engineer write up!

Awesome write up - just what I needed!

Question: having been in the Jeep and Bronco on the same day, what was your impression cabin space wise?

As for four door vs two door: I donā€™t know anyone with a four door wrangler regretting not having a two door. Youā€™ll be happy with your choice: especially the utility of it.
I am so glad we rode in the Jeep before and after. We even went on trails in the jeep after. The cabin in the jeep seems to be smaller, the Bronco was roomy. But we also had the roof off the bronco and the jeep had the roof on so maybe that plays a little into how we felt. But the bronco was hands down 10X more comfortable, the seats, and the suspension were really good.

And yes, i am very happy with my decision to go with the 4 door. My Giant Schnauzer is gonna need her own space in the back after all!

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These KOH ride along reviews rock thanks. I ordered a base BL.
You will be happy. My buddy in the Rubicon was shocked after we rode in the badlands that it was only 45k. Great vehicle!

TApache11

Badlands
First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great job! Did you get a chance to test out the sound system?

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're much be
I'm in PA, we just need to dodge the trees!

I'm thinking this might be A LOT of fun in a Bronco... https://stpr.org/
You're much better off than being here in Illinois..... Flat as a pancake except for the potholes, roads so straight you can snap a chalk line, and the largest thing to dodge is a corn stalk, (or raccoon). The funniest thing out here in the plaines are the mounds of dirt which people call "ski mountains". The attached picture is the "largest Ski resort in Southern WI. It's a freakin mound of dirt! šŸ˜€
If it weren't for the bluffs along the Mississippi on the western edge, and some of the Moraines in Southern Wisconsin, this place would be a total write off for outdoor adventures. Long story short, I'm looking forward to some longer drives and adventures in my Bronco to enjoy some real mountains and hills in the east and west. ;)
Ford Bronco [+ Videos] My KOH Write-Up: Manual Bronco Badlands, non Sasquatch experience 1612889522884

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely love this!! I'm so excited how many of y'all got to go to KOH I'm so glad to! Because these are always the most honest review's! I must say...Ford killed this KOH ride along I hope they take note and do more! If not though I'm still excited for May to find out when they are coming to us!
Ashley, I really hope they do this ride along in more places. The professional drivers can really extract a lot of performance from the Broncos, definitely more than what I would have done or felt comfortable with. Having been shown the real capabilities off road vs test driving around the block at the dealers brings a whole different appreciation. I hope they do these events all over the country, it will only help hype up the product and get more people excited.
And Ditto on May! I cant wait to find out when my Bronco is coming! hopefully its still 2021 but I'm not 100% confident since I was a 7/16 reservation.

Sponsored

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @SD_Bronco Any impression on the seat adjustment relative to clutch travel? My wife is 5'2 and wants the Bronco for it's MT. Information is scant for shorter drivers (although lots of good info on big and tall). Thanks again for the great writeup!

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was an awesome write-up. Thanks!

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome write up. Thanks.
Did you get to do a walk around on that 2 door? If so, would you say your first impressions were ā€œyeah this is cool but definitely too small to daily drive and is more of a toy sizeā€ or ā€œhmm itā€™s a tough choiceā€ - Iā€™m really split on 2 door vs 4 door but slowly starting to move over to 4 door.
I did get to see the 2 door first edition, the 2 door is just right in my opinion. Its cool and if you don't need the 2 extra doors for family or pets, you wont have any issues. I would not describe it as toy size or even a tough choice. I think both are good and capable. The 2 door is something i would definitely buy and daily if I didn't have plans for a larger family in the near future.

Great write up that provides real world feedback. Surprised to read your impressions of the overall ride compared to the Jeep you rode in on. I just finished a 10 day Baja Mexico off road run, and want that 60mph smoothness.
My buddy that came with us also went to Baja for the races. The jeep is a good capable vehicle but the Bronco with the independent front suspension and the upgraded shocks is on a whole new level of comfort. You can definitely look forward to smooth 60mph+ drives off-road.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am so glad we rode in the Jeep before and after. We even went on trails in the jeep after. The cabin in the jeep seems to be smaller, the Bronco was roomy. But we also had the roof off the bronco and the jeep had the roof on so maybe that plays a little into how we felt. But the bronco was hands down 10X more comfortable, the seats, and the suspension were really good.

And yes, i am very happy with my decision to go with the 4 door. My Giant Schnauzer is gonna need her own space in the back after all!
All the reports about the looks of the 2 door in person have me rethinking things a little bit...In my opinion as an analogy, 4 door Wranglers look like trash with small tires, and awesome with 35s and a lift...dramatic difference. Is the Bronco the same in person, does the 4 door look great with 35s?..or just marginal?

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in PA, we just need to dodge the trees!

I'm thinking this might be A LOT of fun in a Bronco... https://stpr.org/
Thats for sure. I'm in PA as well. Get out to Rausch creek a few times a year which is always fun.
Sponsored