First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
That push bar looks really stupid. It covers up the BRONCO name!
Agreed. They should’ve made the bullbar out of plastic for transparency. /s
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. They should’ve made the bullbar out of plastic so it’d be transparent. /s
Bullbars like that are just for looks. Its basically a damage multiplier. It should be shorter and come up just to the bottom of the Bronco name. A design like that would probably also make it stronger.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bullbars like that are just for looks. Its basically a damage multiplier. It should be shorter and come up just to the bottom of the Bronco name. A design like that would probably also make it stronger.
c’est la vie - guess that’s what ARB is for!

Great looking 80 btw mate.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guess that’s what ARB is for!

Great looking 80 btw mate.
Thanks, Im a lifelong Land Cruiser fanatic, and Ive been yearning for a convertible off roader besides a jeep since my FJ40 days. The Bronco does it for me and I plan to sell both my LC and Excursion to get one.

GK6G

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '16 Merc Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These Pictures are from MY town. I better get out there and see what I can find. I'll certainly post if I can spot and Grab Pics of these things in the wild.

Automakers come here for testing. Even some boat makers on our lake too. We are ~9,000 feet MSL, so it lets them altitude test / stress test new vehicles (I guess). Lots of Camo and Michigan plates on a year round basis, but I spotted a black bronco yesterday as I crossed an intersection. These pics are from the Hampton Inn / Mountain Sports Outlet.
So I drove by the hotel last night, and saw 1 black test mule surrounded by RAM pickups in Full Camo in the back parking lot. I got to take a sneak peak at the Bronco, but all the engineers were wrapping up their day, so I didn’t bother them too much. The opportunity for better pictures than already posted did not present, but I’ll keep trying.

Sponsored

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the yellow 2dr thats in the reveal and promo shots has the smaller bar with a light bar on it. That's the one I'd get as it keeps the "BRONCO" visible.

Cactus grey looks amazing. Seeing it in the sun and a video keeps solidifying my choice. Looks great. I'd only change to a black hard top. I don't know why Ford went with a gray. It just looks like a faded black top...

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the videos! It shows the seat folded flat, that you can remove the roof panels without taking out the roof rack, cargo space for the 4 door.
Curious how the sound will be with the cross braces and the roof off

Father Time

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious how possible it is to remove that second row panel with the rails in place. I get how the front 2 panels could easily slide out the sides, but not sure there's enough room for the full width panel to come out under the rails - might be why it's simply detached and not removed in the video.
According to Ford specs is only rated for a dynamic load of 110 pounds. No roof top tent potential like I’m dreaming of....?

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to Ford specs is only rated for a dynamic load of 110 pounds. No roof top tent potential like I’m dreaming of....?
In The Bronco Q&A Ford says 450lbs stationary for roof rack

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford confirmed in Q&A you can’t remove roof panels over 2nd row with roof rack. damn!!

Q: Will there be a roof rack system that allows total roof removal?
A: Our roof rack is designed to allow the 2 front row panels to be removed on the 4-door Bronco, and the 2 front row roof panels on the 2-door Bronco to be removed with the roof rack in place.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford confirmed in Q&A you can’t remove roof panels over 2nd row with roof rack. damn!!

Q: Will there be a roof rack system that allows total roof removal?
A: Our roof rack is designed to allow the 2 front row panels to be removed on the 4-door Bronco, and the 2 front row roof panels on the 2-door Bronco to be removed with the roof rack in place.
The photo looks like you can take of the 2nd row panel for the 4 door, though. So I don't get that.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There’s not as much room between the roof and rails as you think

C42509AE-A0A5-48C5-A689-FA0D1766B77E.jpeg

Oliverboots

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I was expecting something closer to Toyota Cement Grey
1596136970148.png
I'm thinking Toyota TRD Pro 2021 - Lunar Rock will be the closest match to Cactus Grey.

Also Current model year Rav4 has Lunar Rock color
Sponsored

Last edited: