First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally, I'd be more worried about sending the message that it'll be available in RHD, because that's the first thing I thought until I looked a little harder.
oh I know. But marketing guys aren’t always the brightest
Sponsored

Reactions: BE_

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Time to see some footage of this thing on the rubicon. Doing things in the mud my GX can do doesn't impress me.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Time to see some footage of this thing on the rubicon. Doing things in the mud my GX can do doesn't impress me.
Yep - was thinking the same thing: we've seen the mule in the desert on mild rocks, these mud and mild rock videos, and snow bombing through the woods. Can they at least run Rocky Mount / Kodak Rock, and Daniel at Uwharrie so we can see some real rock action?

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Daniel will TRASH that thing. It is not full body friendly

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Daniel will TRASH that thing. It is not full body friendly
OK, so maybe Dickie Bell, but the JK Gear and Gadgets guy took his Gladiator on (the easier) parts of Daniel with only a leveling kit and 37's.

Sponsored

magnetnerd

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Notice the lack of engine noise when it's at low speeds?!?

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep - was thinking the same thing: we've seen the mule in the desert on mild rocks, these mud and mild rock videos, and snow bombing through the woods. Can they at least run Rocky Mount / Kodak Rock, and Daniel at Uwharrie so we can see some real rock action?
We also need to see some footage of how it will handle my driveway. Super treacherous, concrete, 2% grade, 50 feet long and at the end of it is an obstacle we call “the garage”. :ROFLMAO:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the muddy trails, dips, and hills stuff. Also there looked to be alot more challenging obstacles adjacent to the broncos. You rarely brake things on slippery terrains. It can be really fun too just trying to get up 15ft hill that is steep and sloppy. River banks are awesome for that. At 2:42 there was a nice creek ditch that I would've wanted to try to find the hard way out of. Slowly lumbering over dry rocks trying not to break things can get a lil old. I think the real attraction of alot of the western rock crawling trails is the scenery. Its all beautiful grand mountains and painted valley and canyons. Back east is trees and some more trees. Then you get to the top of a hill and can see some distance and if you dont see a town. You see trees. But at the bottom of those hills down where its wet there is alot of sloppy mud throwing fun to be had.

My guess is they were limited by tires on the hard stuff in that area. No test driver wants to slide down a hill sideways into a tree in a prototype. All terrains and even 90% of MTs really just get you into trouble if you try anything hard in places like that. Super Swampers and other like them are the standard tire of the rig that comes by to rescue you in places like that.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
only need like a 2-3” lift to get 40s on that bad boy.
I wouldn’t go to much bigger than that. After that you’ll have to start doing a lot of axel upgrades
Id be more than happy with 36s or 38s at most. My wife still has to climb in it! Im guessing those were on 33s, so 38s and a 3 inch lift(should be fine for IFS without a massive drop bracket) will get you almost 6 inches more clearance and thats often all you need.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Id be more than happy with 36s or 38s at most. My wife still has to climb in it! Im guessing those were on 33s, so 38s and a 3 inch lift(should be fine for IFS without a massive drop bracket) will get you almost 6 inches more clearance and thats often all you need.
Definitely 33’s if you compare it to the prototype that did have 35’s.

So the version in the mud testing is pretty likely just a base model or maybe a lower trim off road model.
Ford Bronco Videos of the Bronco offroad in mud park C23ACD68-DD9F-4F25-BA53-6650F13FFB51
Ford Bronco Videos of the Bronco offroad in mud park 9F63C6C5-9BA5-463A-8791-FD19AFB24648

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Doing things in the mud my GX can do doesn't impress me.
I liked the vids. The reality is that the 98% won't do Rubicon, but 50% might get a little muddy.
Start with what more people can relate to then when you get real to reveal, amp up the hardcore stuff to push it over the top.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was posted earlier today, also. Finally something longer than 15 seconds.

i can hear something that sounds hyddraulic... at 24-25 sec...

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
i can hear something that sounds hyddraulic... at 24-25 sec...
ABS/ E brake. Electronic brakes sound like transformers. My new 2019 Chevy has them (recalled 2x already for them) but every now and then when you shut the truck off the ebrake will turn on and off to make sure it still works. Sounds bazar!

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As usual I have come home from work to join the forums activity for the day and I'm late to the party and without reading through all the following posts …………………...… I'll cut to the chase .....................

I believe you are referring to what I was always taught as ......…...

THE FRONT DIG !!!!!!!!!!!!???? OMG Jeepers look out if I am correct.

In case someone doesn't know what I mean …...old school is to have a transfer case that can drive just FWD or just RWD or both 4WD. I will have to watch more and dissect the video and read through the post but it looks like the FRONT :censored: DIG !!! and he hits the brakes as it is turning, and locking up the rear brake. OMG !!!! Might be sliding on muddy off camber though. ……….. I gotta go watch it some more OMG OMG OMG ……. he FRONT DIG from the FACTORY !!!!!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
they have rear dig in some rc cars too...
ABS/ E brake. Electronic brakes sound like transformers. My new 2019 Chevy has them (recalled 2x already for them) but every now and then when you shut the truck off the ebrake will turn on and off to make sure it still works. Sounds bazar!
it must be something holding up that rear wheel...

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This my friends looks to me as though the Bronco might just get a selectable transfer case FWD, RWD, 4WD.

I'm getting goose bumps. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ken blocks new drift truck...
Sponsored