JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This turn assist and turn lockup is something I’m not familiar with can anyone explain?
so, the goal is that on tight trails to make a sharp 90, especially in a truck larger than a CJ-5, that you lock up the inside rear tire and only apply power to the other three, this lets you make the turn rotating on that tire, or near enough, rather than a full turn radius turn. lets larger stuff go onto tighter trails.

for an older truck, like mine, you install two parking brakes, one for each rear wheel to lock only one up as needed, and twin stick the t-case, bascially turn your truck into FWD with both rear wheels in neutral.
Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so, the goal is that on tight trails to make a sharp 90, especially in a truck larger than a CJ-5, that you lock up the inside rear tire and only apply power to the other three, this lets you make the turn rotating on that tire, or near enough, rather than a full turn radius turn. lets larger stuff go onto tighter trails.

for an older truck, like mine, you install two parking brakes, one for each rear wheel to lock only one up as needed, and twin stick the t-case, bascially turn your truck into FWD with both rear wheels in neutral.
I was just about to reply maybe the new Bronco will have R/L rear brakes.
A manual transmission with 4 pedals! Sign me up!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just about to reply maybe the new Bronco will have R/L rear brakes.
A manual transmission with 4 pedals! Sign me up!
I don't think it'll have that. someone pointed out one of the dash buttons, so it will likely do it automatically when you have the system button 'on' and you turn the wheel to full lock, left or right.

tacowolf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hennessey Velociraptor 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At about 32 seconds in on the long video can anyone hear what engine that is by the exhaust note? I know it’s a stretch

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At about 32 seconds in on the long video can anyone hear what engine that is by the exhaust note? I know it’s a stretch
That doesn't sound like a turbo 6.... more 4-banger

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sounds like the 2.7 to me. I've listened to that clip probably 30 times with headphones. I'm pretty sure that's not the 2.3.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it makes sense though with that button we couldn't ascertain the pupose of is to allow this, or to do it automagically. my current theory is that with that system turned on, it'll lock the inside rear tire when you turn the wheel full lock.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe.... Just maybe your Wrangler knows you're fantasizing about Bronco's all day and it's just not liking you right now... Not the handbrake turning... Just a theory of course. ?

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

You cud also do this with twin park brakes and just leave the locker open ...?
Sponsored