Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is the handbrake more reliable on the JL?

The ratchety function on the JK that pops out back to no tension as you pull up on it just sucks. I know it was some neat idea to avoid having to adjust the tension underneath, but man it takes patience to use it without popping it out.
Sponsored

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like the 2 door. Is it a FSB in 2 door or the baby bronco????

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like the 2 door. Is it a FSB in 2 door or the baby bronco????
The Bronco Sport is a completely different vehicle.

This is why they should have not used the Bronco name at all for the Bronco Sport. Too much confusion.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would help if Ford required people to take a class before they car-shopped
Or if people stopped posting bad renders/misinformation all over the place. I'll still occasionally reply to comments on Instagram assuring people that the top does indeed come off despite what they have heard/read.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco Sport is a completely different vehicle.

This is why they should have not used the Bronco name at all for the Bronco Sport. Too much confusion.
Should've called it B-Sport. People in the know wouldve gotten the hint. All those offroad wannabe mall crawlers that dont like the ride of a real offroader can Be-Sporty.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And while I'm at it... around the 24-25 second mark, while making a turn the driver's side tire locks up. Is that just a standard limited slip? Please excuse my stupidity at this point in time. Almost makes it look like FWD, just stood out to me.

As usual I have come home from work to join the forums activity for the day and I'm late to the party and without reading through all the following posts ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦...ā€¦ I'll cut to the chase .....................

I believe you are referring to what I was always taught as ......ā€¦...

THE FRONT DIG !!!!!!!!!!!!???? OMG Jeepers look out if I am correct.

In case someone doesn't know what I mean ā€¦...old school is to have a transfer case that can drive just FWD or just RWD or both 4WD. I will have to watch more and dissect the video and read through the post but it looks like the FRONT :censored: DIG !!! and he hits the brakes as it is turning, and locking up the rear brake. OMG !!!! Might be sliding on muddy off camber though. ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.. I gotta go watch it some more OMG OMG OMG ā€¦ā€¦. he FRONT DIG from the FACTORY !!!!!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so, the goal is that on tight trails to make a sharp 90, especially in a truck larger than a CJ-5, that you lock up the inside rear tire and only apply power to the other three, this lets you make the turn rotating on that tire, or near enough, rather than a full turn radius turn. lets larger stuff go onto tighter trails.

for an older truck, like mine, you install two parking brakes, one for each rear wheel to lock only one up as needed, and twin stick the t-case, bascially turn your truck into FWD with both rear wheels in neutral.

There it is THE FRONT DIG ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.. If true this is BADASS !!!!!!!! hopefully 4.1 , front dig , rear dig , and all dig.

The Bronco does appear to have a little billy goat in it. Them greasy hill climbs aren't as easy as they seem.

Would like to have seen more action in the creek UP CLOSE !!!!!..ā€¦..on those slippery and nice sized ROCKS.

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A hand brake turn with front wheel drive.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because a Wrangler doesn't have front dig from the factory, nor does' it have some big tech rally AWD with viscus this and knuter valves there. with a hand brake and 600 ponies under the hood to be able to slide around a corner. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
As usual I have come home from work to join the forums activity for the day and I'm late to the party and without reading through all the following posts ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦...ā€¦ I'll cut to the chase .....................

I believe you are referring to what I was always taught as ......ā€¦...

THE FRONT DIG !!!!!!!!!!!!???? OMG Jeepers look out if I am correct.

In case someone doesn't know what I mean ā€¦...old school is to have a transfer case that can drive just FWD or just RWD or both 4WD. I will have to watch more and dissect the video and read through the post but it looks like the FRONT :censored: DIG !!! and he hits the brakes as it is turning, and locking up the rear brake. OMG !!!! Might be sliding on muddy off camber though. ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.. I gotta go watch it some more OMG OMG OMG ā€¦ā€¦. he FRONT DIG from the FACTORY !!!!!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Because a Wrangler doesn't have front dig from the factory, nor does' it have some big tech rally AWD with viscus this and knuter valves there. with a hand brake and 600 ponies under the hood to be able to slide around a corner. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ok now Iā€™ve heard this term before just didnā€™t understand

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ssssoooooooooo I went back replay about half a dozen times and stop, start, back, forth

Here is my take he approaches turn. rear brake begins to lock with steering input beginning to get tighter, driver then gooses the throttle make the front tires "dig" with foot still on brake, causing the rear brake to stay locked, hence the "dragging" motion of the rear end of the vehicle around the corner.

This my friends looks to me as though the Bronco might just get a selectable transfer case FWD, RWD, 4WD.

I'm getting goose bumps. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok now Iā€™ve heard this term before just didnā€™t understand

HAHA NickP ā€¦. haven't got to you yet. ;)

Ask your rock crawling buddy to watch that video and watch it CLOSELY and ask him if he thinks it is the front dig. he should know what it is.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

WWOOO HHHOOOO BADASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

? Please take it easy on the old man boys I'm not a fast typer !!!;)

I need a cig and more threads to check.
Sponsored