rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
For you soft top people: I was at the Palm Beach Ford Dealer event today, and spoke to one of the Ford event staff. She said she and another staffer drove these 2 soft top Broncos from Detroit down to Florida- 1358 miles. I asked if it was noisy inside. She said it was bad over 65 mph. I asked about fuel economy: She said she was told she could not discuss it. The Big Bend was a manual transmission 4 cylinder. The Outer Banks was a v6 auto. For those of who think that body weld seam below the rocker is unsightly, it looks even worse in person. Like a pretty girl missing a front tooth.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I always thought European cars that are right hand drive have the fuel filler on the right side. American cars that are left hand drive have it on that side. Once they go across the ocean they are then on the wrong side to the driver.
I think the basic theme is that the gas fill is on the side opposite the rear exhaust outlet. What they do about a car with Dual Exhaust? I dunno.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
1. BB Velocity Blue. Home run.
2. Oh look, another BB with those goddamned hideous mud flaps. WTAF, Ford?
I saw the 2 Broncos today. The mud flaps are nicely done: Well integrated, nicely styled, snugly attached, look effective. Without them, those of you who travel gravel roads are going to have issues. I did not see any protective clear plastic back there.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I was there. Considering I ordered a two-door Sasquatch Badlands with MGV, it would have been nice to see it at least partially represented.

I really want to see if I can live with the cargo space, if it looks goofy, and ingress/egress for Sasquatch.

I was a little surprised by the colors they sent. Everyone in South Florida is all about black, white, gray, and silver cars and trucks, but they send blue and red. And wow... rapid red with navy pier interior. That was an ah... interesting choice.

Oh well, it was nice to see them anyway and get a feel for the size, seat feel, and seating position. And I will say my dislike of the four-door evaporated after seeing them in person. They look so much better than in pictures!
I wasn't aware that South Florida was the only part of the state that counted. The rest of us like colors.

tyrobronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150, 2018 Ford Fusion Energi, 2005 Ford 500
Clubs

I am going to assume these are the broncos I will be seeing at Brandon Ford on the 13th. Would have liked to see a sasquatch in person but I am just happy to see something!
Assuming these are the two that will go all around Florida, guess I'll be seeing them in Central FL.

At the auto show a few months back, I got to see the CO 2-Door. Although it was Sasquatched, it was everything else I am getting.

Would have been nice to see the rear space in person on a 2-door, but oh well.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming these are the two that will go all around Florida, guess I'll be seeing them in Central FL.

At the auto show a few months back, I got to see the CO 2-Door. Although it was Sasquatched, it was everything else I am getting.

Would have been nice to see the rear space in person on a 2-door, but oh well.
They are the ones going around the state. I called the dealer hosting in St. Augustine and he told me it was a blue big bend and a red outer banks, both were 4dr and no sas. All of the FL events appear to have these two Broncos.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I wasn't aware that South Florida was the only part of the state that counted. The rest of us like colors.
In South Florida, drivers can't see red. Something to do with being near the Equator. Also, turn signals of new vehicles are disabled at the factory before shipment to Florida. It's the Law!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Crew Cab
Maybe they’ll add another layer to the soft-top in the future. They would not be the first manufacturer to run into this problem and fix it a few model years in.
The stock top is basic one layer cloth, by Besttop, and costs $1,579 in the Bronco Accessory portfolio (pg.2), if you buy the hard top first.

The Besttop soft top upgrade (VM2DZ-78501C25H) for 4-DR IS $2,229 in Twill, thicker cloth, with stiffer plastic rear windows. In the few pre-production photos it appears to be higher quality, less wrinkling. I plan to buy that for my OBX based on current information.

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
That velocity Blue though! 💙 Recent pictures of cactus grey had me second guessing things, but this video brings me right back. I think I'm going to be really happy walking up to my Bronco in VB! Thanks OP 👍

rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

For you soft top people: I was at the Palm Beach Ford Dealer event today, and spoke to one of the Ford event staff. She said she and another staffer drove these 2 soft top Broncos from Detroit down to Florida- 1358 miles. I asked if it was noisy inside. She said it was bad over 65 mph. I asked about fuel economy: She said she was told she could not discuss it. The Big Bend was a manual transmission 4 cylinder. The Outer Banks was a v6 auto. For those of who think that body weld seam below the rocker is unsightly, it looks even worse in person. Like a pretty girl missing a front tooth.
I was at the Palm Beach one too in the 5-6 slot. Maybe you were there haha.

I 100% agree, that pinch weld looked horrible in person, and the step definitely didn't cover it. My short term solution might be some plasti-dip. Long term, I'm thinking of a power step that covers it when not deployed.

I don't recall saying that it was. My point was that it might turn off people down here.
Catch 22, IMO - I think it's more because everyone leases down here, and it's not necessarily they don't want a color, more that that's what the dealer stocks because that's what easily sells.

Think about it - If you go in for a new car one day (not planned out or ordered) searching from the lot and you don't really care about color but all they have is a neon purple car or a white one, which one are you likely to choose? Unless you love purple, you'll go with the white one.
Unfortunately, your black, white, silvers appeal to everyone - or I should rather say are inoffensive/acceptable to everyone to where you won't hate looking at that color.

Advertisement

Wide Open Roads

Advertisement