Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just watched the lastest video: Awesome thanks @vrewald14!

POV shots are killer and soon to be used in Rock Crawling: The Video Game available only for the Sync 4 platform.......
Drone shots are beautiful: shows the wonder of Moab.
Thousands of years from now when they undig the rocks that have been buried in the sand our future selves will wonder beasts created the black streaks in the rocks...
Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was a bad ass video showing how capable they are! Anybody else catch the full cage in the one 4 door?!
Screenshot_20200810-214650_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200810-214924_YouTube.jpg
Yes - this is awesome.

Although I don't believe it will be an option or anything. OEMs take employee safety VERY seriously, and I bet they installed it specifically for this rig to test more of the extreme stuff.

HOWEVER - the fact they did it in a nearly stock production vehicle w/o major modification means that they really though out "how would someone add a full cage" and probably designed the structure for easy welding in of an aftermarket cage.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just watched the lastest video: Awesome thanks @vrewald14!

POV shots are killer and soon to be used in Rock Crawling: The Video Game available only for the Sync 4 platform.......
Drone shots are beautiful: shows the wonder of Moab.
Thousands of years from now when they undig the rocks that have been buried in the sand our future selves will wonder beasts created the black streaks in the rocks...
You're welcome! And man you're spot on.

I've been to Moab 4 times and it always leaves me in awe.

Also, yes - Ford has some interesting opportunities in the future with their Sync 4 platform and the way it's set up to handle off road / enthusiast media. Could really differentiate themselves there.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like this one lost a rock slider and they threw on a spare meant for a two door. Maybe this prototype just never had them in the first place and these are the parts they had on hand? I hope they didn't actually break one. :oops:
1597113799429.png
There are angles from both sides showing the same sliders. Looks like they did just use the 2dr sliders for testing.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know with the FJ they had an off button as an option because the roll over sensor could trigger at extreme angles.
Where???? I have the extra seat airbags in my FJ and there is no button. The passenger seat does turn off if the passenger weight is detected to be under 90lbs.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Our first Bronco6G Moab meetup is going to be fun as hell. Can’t wait!

Cinco De Bronco maybe?

countryboyreese

Badlands
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badass. Good on ford for doing some open testing like this. Oh and the horns are gonna be the official bronco wave right? ???

Sponsored

Dalek

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT convertible, Discovery 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a stock off roader straight from the factory what more could you possibly want??? If you’re gonna do something more extreme than this you can mod it with aftermarket parts, this is one of the most capable production cars in the world.
It will go anywhere on my farm and that’s good enough for me, I’m going for two door Badlands, colour will be up to my wife ?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a stock off roader straight from the factory what more could you possibly want??? If you’re gonna do something more extreme than this you can mod it with aftermarket parts, this is one of the most capable production cars in the world.
It will go anywhere on my farm and that’s good enough for me, I’m going for two door Badlands, colour will be up to my wife ?
This is what I think when I see these! I'll be honest, I want to do some serious off the beaten path driving and camping. It's just nice to know that I won't have to do much to handle the rocks when I come across them

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided