Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure the answer of my question is buried somewhere on this site, however I was unable to find it by search. I was given a VIN/build date (12/20). I was wondering if I was able to add AUX switches and (maybe) remove the upgraded bumper. Once you are assigned a VIN/build date, are you able to make any changes to your build/price?

I believe the answer is no, especially if you want to add some restricted items (MIC, Tow), however I am having some regret by not adding AUX switches to my order. I also feel like the adaptive bumper will match the factory power coated steps and rear bumped moreso than the ford mod bumper I've ordered.

Will Ford revoke my estimated build date and try to reschedule if I wanted AUX switches added and have the modular bumper removed?

I'm assuming I can/should add door storage bags and tailgate table from the dealer.

Thank you much

Build: Green 4dr OBX, 2.7L, Lux, Mod Bumper, Soft top
Sponsored

Last edited:

chrisirmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m week of 12/20, too, and I want to upgrade my bumper. Maybe we can just talk Ford into a quick switcheroo there on the factory floor? 😂

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I am going to tell you that I was able to add one item (roof rails), after the VIN was assigned. I asked my dealer to flex his muscles with Ford and he made it happen. The key, I believe. Is that the change can not be anything that is encoded in the VIN, which AUX switches clearly is not.
Go for it, just hope your dealer has some courage!

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the answer is no, especially if you want to add some restricted items (MIC, Tow), however I am having some regret by not adding AUX switches to my order. I also feel like the adaptive bumper will match the factory power coated steps and rear bumped moreso than the adaptive bumper I've ordered.
You are correct, once there is a VIN assigned you can't change the order.

You’re locked in at this point. You might be able to buy the parts and have the dealer install at delivery.
He can order the tailgate table and bags, but even if he's somehow able to come up with a part number for the AUX switches you're going to be paying a crazy amount of money to get them installed and wired up (assuming they'll even attempt it).
Sponsored