Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was freaking awesome. Whatever he did to the steering rack to make it live worked great. He would have had more style points with an auto transmission, but pretty solid driving. If anybody doubts an auto is better for serious rock crawling watch the difference between the jeep and Bronco on the steep technical obstacles... Also, the 2.3 seems a little under powered with those 40s.

Big time kudos to the owner of that Bronco!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That was pretty awesome. I love the tires on that thing. Please please take this thing somewhere with some mud and hills. Would be way more impressive making steep climbs like this on loose sloppy trails. Then those tires will shine.

That was freaking awesome. Whatever he did to the steering rack to make it live worked great. He would have had more style points with an auto transmission, but pretty solid driving. If anybody doubts an auto is better for serious rock crawling watch the difference between the jeep and Bronco on the steep technical obstacles... Also, the 2.3 seems a little under powered with those 40s.

Big time kudos to the owner of that Bronco!
I think the Bronco got major style points for working its way up that stuff. If it had an auto the TCM would have gotten the style points. It sounds like your definition of better is easier, and I've never heard of style points for doing things the easy way. But whatever floats your boat.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My definition of style points is not about to roll when you have to engage the clutch in the middle of a steep obstacle. Whatever floats your boat - this debate will never be solved.

OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manual or auto, pick your flavor. I think the Jeep fan boys will use how they went over the obstacles to split hairs that the Jeep is better. When in reality I think alot of it has to do with the vehicle development. Stepchild has been a work in progress and refined for a number of years, and dollars. The Bronco is a couple months old. I would love to see a Bronco with as much development as Lite Brites Wrangler.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool and all, but do I spy a body lift?
Yeah a body lift is a bit of cringe but i give the guy a psss knowing why he did it and that he is using it. Body lift to run 40's and 24" chomes at the mall is a fail. I am sure there will be alternatives to a body lift before too long, long travel kits, portels ect.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At 13:00 in the video, allow me to introduce you to the counterpoint of "forced flex" from a solid axle. It works both ways...if the axle acts like a lever to push the opposite tire down, the axle can also act like a lever and lift the opposite tire up. The IFS would've dropped that tire because it wouldn't be in a bind like the solid axle was.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My definition of style points is not about to roll when you have to engage the clutch in the middle of a steep obstacle. Whatever floats your boat - this debate will never be solved.
I think you are talking about safety points. Style points require a pucker from anyone watching. :ROFLMAO: I just feel like an auto is cheating. Same with self driving parking assists and stuff.

xidex

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i watched that vid and was just shaking my head, the jeep has over a 100k in upgrades (so they said in another video) One upgrade most jeeps do is a steering conversion when using larger tires so they were making it sound like the bronco didnt cut it from factory with its factory rack. I was disappointed to hear that the rack sounds like its weak though. SO tie rods and racks are on my list to watch...

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome video, watched it last night. At the end though...."stock Rubicon on 33's and lockers" isn't doing what they did, sorry folks.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At 13:00 in the video, allow me to introduce you to the counterpoint of "forced flex" from a solid axle. It works both ways...if the axle acts like a lever to push the opposite tire down, the axle can also act like a lever and lift the opposite tire up. The IFS would've dropped that tire because it wouldn't be in a bind like the solid axle was.
The bronco would have rolled there. The Jeeps both on purpose did the turn in one shot that put the vehicles in a less that optimum angle but the solid axle once the weigh shift brings the front back down but that would not happen on an IFS. You can see him wiggle the front to have it force articulate down. The Bronco wisely did a few point turn to not be at an extreme angle.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The bronco would have rolled there.
I don't feel like arguing about something that can't be proven with a text reply. Nonetheless, I disagree entirely.
Sponsored