Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have experience using/applying 3M vinyl accents/accessories?

Was thinking if the “White Out” package isn’t available, that maybe could accomplish some of it using 3M vinyl.

I mean people wrap their cars so why not for the hardtop? Then maybe save a little $ and not get black painted? Also could be inexpensive way to white out the grill?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommendations?
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm for sure making the roll cage black if it's not offered as an option. Not crazy about how unfinished to me they look on the Jeeps and Broncos when they're left body color. The easiest way may be wrapping it. Same with grille. The early literature on the Shadow Black hardtop option listed that it also gave you a black grille and glossy black mirror caps. I'm looking at a Carbonized Gray paint job and pretty sure I'm not going to like the MIC Carbonized Gray plastic against supposedly same color metallic paint.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only issue you might run into is the wrap won't stick well/might look bad on the textured finish of the MIC tops. Meaning you'd have to go with the painted modular top and then wrap, would probably work well on that though.

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only issue you might run into is the wrap won't stick well/might look bad on the textured finish of the MIC tops. Meaning you'd have to go with the painted modular top and then wrap, would probably work well on that though.
makes sense on the textured finish and sticking. I think one of the Broncos at the event I’m going to tomorrow has the MIC top, so should be able to get a good look at the texture. May need to ask if they know if wrap would work on it.

Reactions: RG7

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought some vinyl from these guys for my bike for crotchal friction areas to prevent tank scratches. They have alot of options. www.rvinyl.com
Sponsored