First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm an 80's a baby. Had a 1980 Ford Impala with vinyl seats in Houston. As a Seabee in the Navy all our vehicles had cheap vinyl seats. I didn't mint it. Even today cars that have leather, only has it on the seating surface and some cases it's a leatherette.
Those Ford Impala's are everywhere :)
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I doubt it was lawyers, unless they off road. Seems pretty basic a topless vehicle designed for off road is going to have wet, dirty seats quite often.
Which is why it is still odd to me that cloth is standard on base, big bend, OBX and wild trak... that just makes no sense to me. I feel like it would be impossible to keep clean. That's one of the reasons every vehicle I have owned has had leather or leatherette. Gets dirty, just wipe it up and its clean

On the subject at hand, my mazda has leatherette seats, love them. If the marine vinyl is similar or of higher quality then that then people will love them.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife’s car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like high quality vinyl, cleans up easily, wears like iron. If the texture is unappealing to you, a fabric seat cover takes care of that.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Any recommendations for good seat covers that would be durable and be a good look for the Bronco?

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never owned an open top vehicle before...am I screwed if I opt for cloth seats and im caught in a drizzle with the top off?
Convertibles for over fifty years, one was nice fabric - not good in the rain. I always have a number of old towels - occasional rain is a good quick cleaning for the interior - not so with cloth seats.
Real Sheepskin, whether fitted or throw pelts is the answer to hot and cold. Those white towels behind the seat are good for keeping the seats and console cool when parked for a spell.
I got the cloth seats - an IROC Convertible conversion - for next to nothing as seats had mold smell from factory mis-adjustment of top - never completely went away - had to keep the top down and leave it in the sun often.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Any recommendations for good seat covers that would be durable and be a good look for the Bronco?
Not sure how their cloth covers are, but everyone on the Jeep forums used to swear by Iggee seat covers synthetic leather (vinyl). I almost did this myself to waterproof my cloth seats. Might be a good option for people looking to get the durability of the vinyl on trims that don't offer it. Last time I looked into this was probably 6 or 7 years ago so there may be other options now.

https://www.iggee.com/index.aspx

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never owned an open top vehicle before...am I screwed if I opt for cloth seats and im caught in a drizzle with the top off?
This is a good question. Outside of applying Scotchguard to the cloth, In my opinion it would be risky, but depends on what Ford does to treat the cloth.

Hope they've considered your dilemma here and make cloth that is stain resistant. The vinyl makes the prospect of getting wet a non-issue.

Let me also remind that this vinyl is the same as the seats found on a modern boat. If you haven't been on one lately, it looks and sort of feels like a rubbery leather. Very soft and smooth, extremely durable and like someone stated, much less maintenance.

Think the vinyl is worth a shot unless you're totally against the idea.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking mid package for remote start will come in clutch with leather and vinyl. Who cares if your seat is hot or cold if the AC starts working 2 or 3 minutes before you even get in?
This. When I was out in AZ with my Jeep before I got the hotheadz healiners installed would cook like crazy. It was an all black two door but the saving grace was that remote start. If you started in as soon as you got in range it helped blow all that hotbox air out of there. I will say I did have cloth but I never felt overly hot.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if anyone else is reconsidering the black diamond due to the vinyl seats not sounding very comfortable in a daily basis....especially in South Texas!
I wasn't considering that one, but I would never choose vinyl seats in my daily driver. Too hot and sticky. I'm in Florida, too.

Sponsored

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Vinyl seats in daily driver Screenshot_20200811-183700

Man, we have it worse than most down here in Houston.( It's almost 7pm here and still feels over 100) High heat AND humidity. 62% is kinda low for this time of year. And that weekly forecast is basically the same for most of July and all of August.
I'm in the BD crowd, and was kinda worried/disappointed that A/C on ma butt cheeks wasn't an option. But I get why I guess. Waterproofing, simplicity of assembly ECT....
I can't afford the trim in an f150 to get them anyhow(probably can't afford the BD either lol) and I've lived this long without it.
I'll be fine.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ventilated seats would be the opposite of the vinyl. Open-air driving would likely result in dust/debris clogging the pores. Not to mention trying to hose off ventilated seats may not be the best idea.
Snowflakes?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Completely understand:
Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado = Low Humidity
Texas, Louisiana, Florida and many others = High Humidity

Ford Bronco Vinyl seats in daily driver Screenshot_20200811-183700
I'm in the North East and hate the Hot Humid Summers and Freezing Cold Winter. Id love to move Somewhere out West. I've never been out that way but one day I'd like to explore the West and find my new home.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you guys may be underestimating the quality of the cloth, I don’t think it’s going to be those fuzzy cloth seats we imagine. The bronco sport says easy to clean, don’t worry about mud or putting towels down, just wipe it off.

A65079CA-7F83-4021-B312-EA0FC32D9617.png
Sponsored