First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a very good point. Getting the base/bb and not having the option for the Marine seems inevitable, so we might have to embrace the cloth and hope for the best
Ford cloth seats are horrible, stain way too easy.

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree. My 2018 Jeep Rubicon JL has cloth seats and they still look new. They have been rained on and spilled on. They are great in hot and cold weather. They are black but don't get hot with the top off.

I am still thinking about vinyl in my Bronco but I am not ruling out cloth. I am deciding btwn Badlands and Wildtrak. A friend has a high-end boat with nice seats but you still sweat in them.
That's reassuring about the Rubicon cloth. But Im one of those who wants open air daily driving much of the year without worrying about mildew, don't want my seat to get too hot, and also wants to be able to hose off beach debris/dirt and dog hair. I'd feel much more comfortable getting the Bronco with a light colored vinyl. No way I'm buying a new car for 40k+ with the plan to put seat covers on right away. And I'd hate to get cloth and not have it turn out to be as water resistant as hoped. If that's not an option, I may have to pass. Really hoping that there's a light colored marine vinyl option.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's reassuring about the Rubicon cloth. But Im one of those who wants open air daily driving much of the year without worrying about mildew, don't want my seat to get too hot, and also wants to be able to hose off beach debris/dirt and dog hair. I'd feel much more comfortable getting the Bronco with a light colored vinyl. No way I'm buying a new car for 40k+ with the plan to put seat covers on right away. And I'd hate to get cloth and not have it turn out to be as water resistant as hoped. If that's not an option, I may have to pass. Really hoping that there's a light colored marine vinyl option.
Yes, cloth is not for dog hair. It is mildly water resistant and I know some other Jeep owners regularly apply scotch guard, etc.

It did have wet okale seat covers on a TJ and they were also very nice. More water resistant. Basically neoprene so that could be an option for some. Or a backup if the vinyl is too hot, etc.

Hopefully we can see/touch vinyl and cloth options before we have to decide.

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Drive a vehicle and work here in Florida with vinyl every day. Never a heat issue but then again I wear boxers and shorts, not a banana hammock and 70s basketball shorts.
Same here, and my windows are nicely tinted, but at work I do park inside a garage ?

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully we can see/touch vinyl and cloth options before we have to decide.
I doubt it but doesn’t Ford have other vehicles with vinyl seats?

A6B4C924-0A18-44A2-B05F-CAE239FEC30E.jpeg

DontGetBucked

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tempted to go with the vinyl seats and just throw a tan cloth seat cover over them to let my butt and back breathe a little. I’m a sweat dude and those hot days kill me.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the vinyl seats will be great they look great anyways I just think people are overeating to a lot of things. Seems like a lot of people trying to talk themselves out of not getting the bronco. The best reason to get the vinyl seats is Incase the broncos leak water at least the seats won’t get screwed up and will clean easy

OP
OP
Mattcoleman45

Mattcoleman45

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the vinyl seats will be great they look great anyways I just think people are overeating to a lot of things. Seems like a lot of people trying to talk themselves out of not getting the bronco. The best reason to get the vinyl seats is Incase the broncos leak water at least the seats won’t get screwed up and will clean easy
It's a little bit different in Jersey than in South Texas. No "overeating" or trying to talk ourselves out of a Bronco. We understand the science of vinyl seats and in 104 weather ventilation is a true concern. I hear you and appreciate your opinion.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tempted to go with the vinyl seats and just throw a tan cloth seat cover over them to let my butt and back breathe a little. I’m a sweat dude and those hot days kill me.
This was my plan as soon as I read about the vinyl. I always have bought seat covers if the car had decent seats; felt like I was going to ef them up. Current car has tan carhartt covers and I love them and they stay cool. I will be going for the vinyl tan covers; will match my style with shadow black, carbonized gray, or cactus gray.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We understand the science of vinyl seats and in 104 weather ventilation is a true concern.
I guess in the science of vinyl seats class they don't teach you that you can use the air conditioner to make it 68 degrees inside the vehicle.

How will we ever get by for the 3 minutes it takes for the car to cool off ?

DontGetBucked

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess in the science of vinyl seats class they don't teach you that you can use the air conditioner to make it 68 degrees inside the vehicle.

[/QUOTE

AC won’t do much when you have the top/doors off and your car has been sitting in the sun for 30+ minutes. Those vinyl or leather seats will cook your butt.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can always get some good sheepskin seat covers... Warm in winter, cool in the summer.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

That doesn't work when your Bronco is sitting in the afternoon sun with the top off. I had a MGB with black vinyl seats, and got in it with shorts on sitting in the sun. Got 2nd degree burns on the back of my legs! ??? From that moment on, I always took a minute to flip the top up - not so easy in a Bronco.
Sponsored