First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm wondering if anyone else is reconsidering the black diamond due to the vinyl seats not sounding very comfortable in a daily basis....especially in South Texas!
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Two words: swamp ass

I'm in on cloth. Aftermarket covers are always an option.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This isn’t 1960s vinyl. Should be fine.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an old Chevrolet with vinyl seats. They are hot in the summer, and your rear end will sweat that's for sure. But, the leather in my other cars are the same. It's all in what you personally want in your new Bronco. Make it yours, and enjoy the drive. However, I do wish Ford would have at least went with ventilated seats to help out in the summer. They have the technology, and the cost would be minimal compared to the overall price of the Bronco. IMHO

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
From my experience:
Cloth > Vinyl > Leather

Cloth doesn’t overheat like the latter and coddles you like a soft baby while vinyl doesn’t crack like leather and requires less upkeep.

An advantage of leather is it probably helps you pickup hotter chicks or dudes or whatever you’re into because you can confidently state “Yep, my rig has leather for your smooth legs, honey”.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have an old Chevrolet with vinyl seats. They are hot in the summer, and your rear end will sweat that's for sure. But, the leather in my other cars are the same. It's all in what you personally want in your new Bronco. Make it yours, and enjoy the drive. However, I do wish Ford would have at least went with ventilated seats to help out in the summer. They have the technology, and the cost would be minimal compared to the overall price of the Bronco. IMHO
Ventilated seats would be the opposite of the vinyl. Open-air driving would likely result in dust/debris clogging the pores. Not to mention trying to hose off ventilated seats may not be the best idea.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Vinyl seats are commonly used in vehicles these days under names like leatherette, MB-Tex for Mercedes and Nu-Luxe for Lexus for instance. Over 90% of C class MB come with MB-Tex.

Vinyl seats are not going to be a problem.
It is not the vinyl used decades ago in entry class vehicles. It has many advantages including easy cleaning and looking new for a long time with minimal care.

Ideal for the Bronc?

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It says marine grade vinyl right? I have a 2020 pontoon with the "upgraded" marine vinyl. My a$$ sweats in that seat. I'd prefer the leather but it's not available on the model I'm after.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ventilated seats would be the opposite of the vinyl. Open-air driving would likely result in dust/debris clogging the pores. Not to mention trying to hose off ventilated seats may not be the best idea.
You're absolutely correct my friend. I didn't even think of that. Doh........

And I don't know why I didn't. The wife's Mustang has vented seats, and I'm forever picking crap out of those dang little holes. :)

Sunchaser99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just gonna wait for the reviews and color options. Vinyl should probably be appropriate for a bronco.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

But not all of us plan to hose out our Bronco or always have the top off in dusty conditions. If Ford offered options, they will sell plenty to make it profitable.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m thinking mid package for remote start will come in clutch with leather and vinyl. Who cares if your seat is hot or cold if the AC starts working 2 or 3 minutes before you even get in?

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're absolutely correct my friend. I didn't even think of that. Doh........

And I don't know why I didn't. The wife's Mustang has vented seats, and I'm forever picking crap out of those dang little holes. :)
Yeah, vented seats are great, love them on our Grand Cherokee, but I would never want them on anything I can take the roof off of. Rain would go right down into the cushion underneath, plus dirt and debris. I am just hoping for some color options that are not black, but I'm not holding my breath. (Friend had a JK wrangler with black leather at the beach with the top off once. After about 30 minutes of sitting out in the sun with no roof on the interior was like a nuclear reactor. lol.)

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm wondering if anyone else is reconsidering the black diamond due to the vinyl seats not sounding very comfortable in a daily basis....especially in South Texas!
Just like many here have said already, both the leather and the vinyl are going to get super hot in the summer time, especially if you live in the South or Midwest, like me in Missouri, where the humidity is like 70% and 95 degrees outside. It's awful in my black leather F150. I literally almost die of heatstroke every time I hop in on a sunny day. It's great in the winter though when it's sunny. I would stick with cloth on a daily driver as it's more comfortable in all weather settings. That just my opinion though.