Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This falls in line to me like a black Vinyl/Leather motorcycle seat. It's hot when sitting in the sun, but such is life. I think the pros out weigh the cons.
Right. I don't get all the questions like this is a brand new thing. Motorcycles, tractors, quads, boats, etc all have vinyl seats. They all get used in hot and cold places. Go check some out....if you like them and it works for you go for it. Like pretty much everything debated on this forum....it may not be for everyone.

It's not some wild new thing that no one has ever seen.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But not all of us plan to hose out our Bronco or always have the top off in dusty conditions. If Ford offered options, they will sell plenty to make it profitable.
I'm not saying they shouldn't be offered, just comparing to the subject at hand: Marine vinyl interior.

That said, I can totally understand how a group of lawyers would get nervous about even offering ventilated seats in a vehicle marketed around open-top offroading. That's inviting at least a few instances of repair, or even litigation, around hardware failure due to element incursion.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not saying they shouldn't be offered, just comparing to the subject at hand: Marine vinyl interior.

That said, I can totally understand how a group of lawyers would get nervous about even offering ventilated seats in a vehicle marketed around open-top offroading. That's inviting at least a few instances of repair, or even litigation, around hardware failure due to element incursion.
I doubt it was lawyers, unless they off road. Seems pretty basic a topless vehicle designed for off road is going to have wet, dirty seats quite often.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm an 80's a baby. Had a 1980 Ford Impala with vinyl seats in Houston. As a Seabee in the Navy all our vehicles had cheap vinyl seats. I didn't mint it. Even today cars that have leather, only has it on the seating surface and some cases it's a leatherette.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I doubt it was lawyers, unless they off road. Seems pretty basic a topless vehicle designed for off road is going to have wet, dirty seats quite often.
But at least Jeep offers Perforated / Ventilated seats as an option, that's all I'm asking for.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove my 2012 Dodge Ram Tradesman for 7 years. It came standard with vinyl seating and flooring. I then traded it in for my 2018 Ford Explorer Limited with leather seats.

I loved the vinyl seating and flooring so much that I reserved a Black Diamond trim. I would only consider BD or BadLands trim because I feel that vinyl is the superior product based on looks and durability. Leather is a little softer but overall I like the vinyl better because it looks just as good and I don’t have to worry about carring for it. Plus I got a lot of compliments over the years on the vinyl seating and flooring. It’s a good product for a vehicle.

Sponsored

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the 4 door I think with some redneck engineering we might be able to divert the AC from under the seat to the crack between the seat and the seat back. At least it'd be something.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like high quality vinyl, cleans up easily, wears like iron. If the texture is unappealing to you, a fabric seat cover takes care of that.
This seems like the perfect solution for year round. Especially if the covers can be taken off easily and stored when you want to take the top and doors off and get real dirty. Spray down and then put the cloth seat covers back on...

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Completely understand:
Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado = Low Humidity
Texas, Louisiana, Florida and many others = High Humidity

Ford Bronco Vinyl seats in daily driver Screenshot_20200811-104236_Chrome
Ugh... no fun there.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You gotta wait and see it, just like how the leather is not the same in a cheap escape vs an expensive king ranch there are also different vinyl levels of quality

I've had a vinyl/"leatherette" interior car that was nicer than mass market cars cheap "leather". People would literally get in and tell me how nice the "leather" was.

Everyone remembers that crappy vinyl truck seat from the 80-90s but things have changed.

Leather on cheap cars is basically vinyl anyways, it's like a $20 leather jacket from a gas station.......

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was all Black Diamond until I mentioned to my wife that it had vynil. Her quote was something like this- I know it is a tay, but who wants to spend time in it if it's not comfortable going from one place to the other? Our boat vinyl is very high end and it sucks (sticky, makes you sweat even more, gets hotter than haddes) when you are sweaty or when it is humid outside. I showed her the Ouer Banks, she said- we just need to make it last :)
Sponsored