Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, my backup plan for picking a Bronco color is get black and wrap it. However, I see a few problem areas and thought the forum might help in solving them. Please feel free to add other problems/solutions as well.

The rear hinges: This is the big one. You could leave the hinges black, but they would still be shiny. Not really sure how you get around this one.
Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 1609686886145

Inside Front of Rear Fender: I see those ripples being a pain. Maybe an inlay or just leave it black.
Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 1609697704428

Door Jamb: This area doesnā€˜t look horrible, but I never enjoyed wrapping mine. Could leave black, but doors off would look strange.
Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 1609697848145

Your turn B6G.
Sponsored

MiamiDubai

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on wrapping mine as well. Completely forgot Iā€™ll have to wrap the door jambs as I plan on getting the tube doors.

The rear hinges are going to be PITA to wrap. Iā€™m definitely getting it down professionally this time around

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I plan on wrapping mine as well. Completely forgot Iā€™ll have to wrap the door jambs as I plan on getting the tube doors.

The rear hinges are going to be PITA to wrap. Iā€™m definitely getting it down professionally this time around
The hinges are really my sticking point. I guess you could wrap each part, but the pin area just doesnā€™t look like it would wrap properly. Really wish they hadnā€™t gone all Wrangler on this part of the Bronco.

MiamiDubai

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even if you could wrap the hinges properly I think the wrap would wear down from constant use.

They wrap G-Wagons all the time I wonder if the hinges are similar and if so how they do them.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Could consider removing the painting the hinges.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did I miss it? What color are you wrapping into where shiny black will be an issue?
My goal (if I did it) would be to make it look like it was painted, not wrapped. Leaving the rear hinges shiny black would be a sign that it was wrapped.

For color, there are some good oranges to choose from, but if someone made a gloss pea/boxwood green, I might be tempted in that direction.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1st pic is an issue. And most peeps do not wrap the door jams. And if you ask a shop to do it they will charge you EXTRA.
Door jambs are not fun, so I can see why someone would charge more for that. I would wrap my own vehicle. So, no charge. šŸ˜

Last edited:

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy has a wrap company and said it is no problem, see photo attached on hinges.
Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 2A698986-5A4D-4F43-897A-24C13DAA8C11

Inner door you are SOL, not much you can do about it without getting charged up the ass for extra labor.

door jams: this is touchy. You donā€™t need to wrap door jams unless you want to. It will be cheaper to skip them as they are rarely seen unless you have the doors off.Just my 2 cents.

he is wrapping 75% on my bronco on delivery with clear bra

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've thought that I would leave the door jambs black for a nice contrast look as I would leave the sport bar thingy black too. I want to believe that leaving the hinges unwrapped would look okay too, but I don't know now.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My buddy has a wrap company and said it is no problem, see photo attached on hinges.
Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 2A698986-5A4D-4F43-897A-24C13DAA8C11

Inner door you are SOL, not much you can do about it without getting charged up the ass for extra labor.

door jams: this is touchy. You donā€™t need to wrap door jams unless you want to. It will be cheaper to skip them as they are rarely seen unless you have the doors off.Just my 2 cents.

he is wrapping 75% on my bronco on delivery with clear bra
Good to know. Thanks!

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've thought that I would leave the door jambs black for a nice contrast look as I would leave the sport bar thingy black too. I want to believe that leaving the hinges unwrapped would look okay too, but I don't know now.
Iā€˜m sure you could make it work. Itā€™s one of those things that would bug me, but probably go unnoticed by most everyone else. I might wrap my sport bar satin black, even If I go A51 (and not wrap the rest). I really like how that looked on the concept.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€˜m sure you could make it work. Itā€™s one of those things that would bug me, but probably go unnoticed by most everyone else. I might wrap my sport bar satin black, even If I go A51 (and not wrap the rest). I really like how that looked on the concept.
Heā€™s gonna do my roll bars white and grill white. If I receive my bronco first Iā€™ll let you know how it all goes. Iā€™ve known him my whole life so he is doing the labor for free. Heā€™s in Nor-cal for anyone interested.
Sponsored