Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Possibly getting reassigned to this area. Never been. No idea what to expect. I know blackstone is near by and Richmond might be 90 NW. Anyone have any input to this area?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience around that area is hunting in the GW National Forest. It's not right next to where you're going, but the area is pretty green and if you're coming from AZ, watch your allergies/stock up on meds. Richmond is like a lot of cities its size. There are a ton of outdoor activities. So, if you like that stuff it's a lot of fun, but traffic on I-95 and around Richmond on the weekends is a serious bummer.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My experience around that area is hunting in the GW National Forest. It's not right next to where you're going, but the area is pretty green and if you're coming from AZ, watch your allergies/stock up on meds. Richmond is like a lot of cities its size. There are a ton of outdoor activities. So, if you like that stuff it's a lot of fun, but traffic on I-95 and around Richmond on the weekends is a serious bummer.
It may be just me, but I never liked Richmond. However, it may be because I was only there for 3-4 day at a time for work related crap. It is a busy place for sure. The smaller areas away from Richmond were very nice. But, then you have to drive into Richmond if your job is there. And that sux no matter where you're coming from. :)

One thing I did find is that Richmond has so much history they don't know what to do with it all. Of course that only matters if you like history.

BTW, thank you for your service Delta.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you might want to look up grits on Wiki

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pickett is very rural. Richmond has a lot of activity (bars, festivals). Couple hours to the mountains (west) or beach (east). And if you are getting an Outer Banks, you’re only 4 hours from the actual Outer Banks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I grew up in south east PA so I assume its going to be like that but...different. I dunno. Not really looking
you might want to look up grits on Wiki
I’m from southern PA and was stationed at fort Gordon in Augusta for about a year. Shrimp and grits was a staple...

OP
OP
DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Pickett is very rural. Richmond has a lot of activity (bars, festivals). Couple hours to the mountains (west) or beach (east). And if you are getting an Outer Banks, you’re only 4 hours from the actual Outer Banks!
my family is all 4 hours away too. I could come home on the holidays. Rural is fine as long as I can find some girls who aren’t methed out or high school drop outs. I’m 37 now so I can’t hang with the college kids.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Possibly getting reassigned to this area. Never been. No idea what to expect. I know blackstone is near by and Richmond might be 90 NW. Anyone have any input to this area?

Thanks!
The general area is desolate. South of you about 45 mins is Lake Gaston. Good place in the summer. North about an hour is Richmond. Hopewell and Petersburg will be about 30 mins or so north, before you get to Richmond. Lots of Civil War history in those areas. Richmond has become known for its good restaurants over the past 10 years, but lots have closed the past year. The good thing is everything is pretty much within 1.5 to 2 hours drive, whether it be the mountains or the beach. Im just outside of Richmond. Ping me if you get reassigned there. I'll make sure you know where NOT to go, haha!

OP
OP
DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
So a buddy of mine been to Pickett and said blackstone is in his words “basically a god damn trailer park”....

...so maybe not there lol.

WorkHorse

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Thanks!
I'm a range technician at Ft. Eustis. Used to be a federal cop at Ft. AP Hill. Let me know if you still need any info on the area.

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks!
I use to deer Hunt Pickett for many years and now hunt just outside of it in Lunenburg. The area around it is rural which makes for good hunting and fishing. Blackstone is a small town that Pickett borders. Little town has a few things going on. Hey just don't speed through there the speed limit is 25 in most areas in town and their tiny police force is active. I stay out of MOST areas in Richmond but the surrounding counties are great.
Sponsored