First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I visited my local Ford dealer today to see if I could view some of the colors options available on the Bronco. I was able to see six of the colors available on the Bronco (well, maybe 5+ as I'm assuming Magnetic is similar to Carbonized Gray). It was raining pretty good so I didn't take any pictures. Here are my impressions if anyone gives a hoot (in order of my preference). Most of these were viewed on F-150's.

PLUS two colors I wish were available for the Bronco.

Oxford White - White is white, right? Not always. I'll say as far as white goes, this white is nice. It's not overly white nor is it a dull white. It's kind of just the right white if that makes any sense. There's no hint of gray or tan. It's just a nice white if your into white.

Iconic Silver - It's basically just Silver. There is nothing that really stands out about this Silver more than any other bright silver vehicle. It looks exactly like my Silver Honda. It will always hide the dirt and scratches like all other Silvers.

Race Red - Wow. Bright is the word here. Very bright red bordering on Orange. You will see this coming from anywhere. It would look good with lots of black accents. Not metallic. If you want a bright colored Bronco, this is it.

Rapid Red - If I could describe it in one word, it would be 'MEH'. Not really bright, not really dark, not really anything special. It was raining so maybe it would look better in the sun, but it just looked like a light maroon color to me. It did change character depending on angle. Sometimes is was more purple tinted and other times more bronze but you have to be close to it to see any difference. Also, every model on the lot had many cars in this color.

Carbonized Gray (i.e. Magnetic if it's close) - Really nice gray metallic color. Not nearly as dark as some of the renderings and pictures. Looks really nice with black/gray trim and black wheels. A top contender for me in color. I was worried this color would be too dark but it is more of a medium-dark gray as opposed to a dark gray. It looked good.

Velocity Blue - Really nice. I like the color of this blue. It really stands out but is not overly bright like some bright blues. This is my top choice as of now. Would look really good with silver or chrome accents. It is lighter than some of the photos I've seen but also darker than some of the other photos I've seen. This is my top choice because I plan to stick with the Silver steelies on the base.

One note on all of the colors above: Every single color with the exception of Oxford White, looks darker from a distance than up close. Most people will see the color from a distance so up close photos aren't always what will be seen by most people when they see your Bronco.

Finally, two Ford colors that I wish were available. Both of these colors would be at the top of my list if available:

Blue Jeans - This color is much more like the color that shows up in renderings for the Antimatter Blue. A beautiful dark blue that would look good on the Bronco. Not black from different angles or need sun to look blue. Perfect dark blue.

Lead Foot - The absolute best color they could have made available. It's the type of gray that most gray fans want on Bronco6g. What a great color. It is non-metallic gray that almost looks like matte gray (think primer) in person. I love this color on the F-150's. There was a Raptor in this color and it looked fantastic. Search for Ford Lead Foot on google and you can see the color. I would be all in on this if it was available.
Sponsored

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the descriptions. I need to do that myself. I'm between Velocity Blue and Cactus Gray myself.

I agree that Lead Foot is cool. Very similar to Nardo Gray that Audi uses, but maybe a hair darker.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same last weekend! Here are some photos I took. I very much like velocity blue and Rapid red and totally agree race red is insanely bright! Also yeah silver is just silver, meh.

Ford Bronco Visited Ford dealership today to view colors - Lead Foot B0EAAA47-DCE4-4B3F-A9E8-7E98DFA8D875
Ford Bronco Visited Ford dealership today to view colors - Lead Foot 068DC6E4-88B6-4A14-872D-9E6407FEB2B0
Ford Bronco Visited Ford dealership today to view colors - Lead Foot C9CFE6A4-9E36-47DB-A605-24C6C51F54BD

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I visited my local Ford dealer today to see if I could view some of the colors options available on the Bronco. I was able to see six of the colors available on the Bronco (well, maybe 5+ as I'm assuming Magnetic is similar to Carbonized Gray). It was raining pretty good so I didn't take any pictures. Here are my impressions if anyone gives a hoot (in order of my preference). Most of these were viewed on F-150's.

Oxford White - White is white, right? Not always. I'll say as far as white goes, this white is nice. It's not overly white nor is it a dull white. It's kind of just the right white if that makes any sense. There's no hint of gray or tan. It's just a nice white if your into white.

Iconic Silver - It's basically just Silver. There is nothing that really stands out about this Silver more than any other bright silver vehicle. It looks exactly like my Silver Honda. It will always hide the dirt and scratches like all other Silvers.

Race Red - Wow. Bright is the word here. Very bright red bordering on Orange. You will see this coming from anywhere. It would look good with lots of black accents. Not metallic. If you want a bright colored Bronco, this is it.

Rapid Red - If I could describe it in one word, it would be 'MEH'. Not really bright, not really dark, not really anything special. It was raining so maybe it would look better in the sun, but it just looked like a light maroon color to me. It did change character depending on angle. Sometimes is was more purple tinted and other times more bronze but you have to be close to it to see any difference. Also, every model on the lot had many cars in this color.

Carbonized Gray (i.e. Magnetic if it's close) - Really nice gray metallic color. Not nearly as dark as some of the renderings and pictures. Looks really nice with black/gray trim and black wheels. A top contender for me in color. I was worried this color would be too dark but it is more of a medium-dark gray as opposed to a dark gray. It looked good.

Velocity Blue - Really nice. I like the color of this blue. It really stands out but is not overly bright like some bright blues. This is my top choice as of now. Would look really good with silver or chrome accents. It is lighter than some of the photos I've seen but also darker than some of the other photos I've seen. This is my top choice because I plan to stick with the Silver steelies on the base.

One note on all of the colors above: Every single color with the exception of Oxford White, looks darker from a distance than up close. Most people will see the color from a distance so up close photos aren't always what will be seen by most people when they see your Bronco.

Finally, two Ford colors that I wish were available. Both of these colors would be at the top of my list if available:

Blue Jeans - This color is much more like the color that shows up in renderings for the Antimatter Blue. A beautiful dark blue that would look good on the Bronco. Not black from different angles or need sun to look blue. Perfect dark blue.

Lead Foot - The absolute best color they could have made available. It's the type of gray that most gray fans want on Bronco6g. What a great color. It is non-metallic gray that almost looks like matte gray (think primer) in person. I love this color on the F-150's. There was a Raptor in this color and it looked fantastic. Search for Ford Lead Foot on google and you can see the color. I would be all in on this if it was available.
Yes - the Lead Foot color is the gray that I would have liked to have seen as the gray color for the Bronco. There would be no guessing as to what the color is (Gray?, Blue?, White?, Green?) or as to what the color is now with different lighting or different angles. It is gray at the most rudimentary basic level - and would let the Bronco make its own statement . :love:

OP
OP
ric42pars

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the reply. Good pics. I would encourage everybody to go look at their local Ford dealership in person as pictures don't always do the colors justice. Everybody has their own impressions of colors. Just thought I would share mine.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I go by mine quite often to see what they have. It's pretty shocking how little stock they have right now. Maybe 40 vehicles at most? Nothing in any Bronco colours. Hoping some 2021s roll in soon.

BKBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Couldn’t agree more, lead foot would be an easy choice for me if available.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Couldn’t agree more, lead foot would be an easy choice for me if available.
I had planned to buy an F-150 Lariat special edition in Lead Foot back in 2018, but ended up going with a Raptor. There aren't many colors that would sway me from black, but Lead Foot nearly did it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very good analysis Richard. I usually defer to the wife to pick the color of our vehicles as she does a great job. She has already picked race red for the Bronco. You hit the nail on the head, it looks great with the black accents. I saw the Velocity Blue in the sun at my local dealer, and do like it a lot also. It is brighter than the Lightning Blue for sure. And I agree, silver is silver.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

thanks.Your photos aren’t loading...

what car did you see that had carb gray?

OP
OP
ric42pars

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thanks.Your photos aren’t loading...

what car did you see that had carb gray?
It wasn’t really carb gray but the color Magnetic which some on here have said is much like carb gray. Magnetic looks really good. I didn’t take any pics because of the rain. I may go back and take some on a sunny day to see if the colors change any.
Sponsored